A day of a neurosurgeon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rexrex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a newbie here but have always been curious at how the day of a neurosurgeon looks like. What goes on before a neurosurgeon operates on a patient? Does he just enter the OR, read a quick report and he is set to do the operation or is does he do any preparatory work?

I am also curious to know if the advancement of technology ie in scanner or visualization software has make any differences in the life of a neurosurgeon?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am a newbie here but have always been curious at how the day of a neurosurgeon looks like. What goes on before a neurosurgeon operates on a patient? Does he just enter the OR, read a quick report and he is set to do the operation or is does he do any preparatory work?

I am also curious to know if the advancement of technology ie in scanner or visualization software has make any differences in the life of a neurosurgeon?

Thanks!

Typical Day:

3:30 am - 6 am : roundz om pts
6-7 am makez fun of regulr surgnz and ressidents
8am-midnite surgerize ppls brains
12:15 - driven home by jeevez the butler
1am-2am roollez around in pilez of money
2am-215 buttsecks
215-330 am sleep
repeat x 7

Members don't see this ad :)
do neurosurgeon need to prepare anything before the surgery, such as talking to the patient, deciding on how to operate, etc or do they just enter the OR and they are ready to operate?

Neurosurgery sound really complex so i wonder how much prepartation is required for a surgeon or does the medical school train them such that they are able to operate right on the spot?

Thanks for the recommendation to the books, hope my library has copies of them

Typical Day:

2am-215 buttsecks
215-330 am sleep
repeat x 7

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I shoulda done neurosurgery!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I shoulda done neurosurgery!

Here's to that...!
beer-pictures-2.jpg

:luck:

Typical Day:

2am-215 buttsecks
215-330 am sleep
repeat x 7

HAHAHA!

JEEVES!:scared:

do neurosurgeon need to prepare anything before the surgery, such as talking to the patient, deciding on how to operate, etc or do they just enter the OR and they are ready to operate?

Neurosurgery sound really complex so i wonder how much prepartation is required for a surgeon or does the medical school train them such that they are able to operate right on the spot?

Thanks for the recommendation to the books, hope my library has copies of them

Its must to the doctor to talk with patient first. And satisfied him/her about Neuro surgery.

Typical Day:

2am-215 buttsecks
215-330 am sleep
repeat x 7

wow, if ali g could give us a summary of what nsurg is like, that is what he'd say...