Creighton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an "interview" there, but am debating whether to go, since the interview doesnt affect the decision making process...so i was told.

does anyone know if they have a full class, or is it a waist of time to go out there for nothing...really?:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

or has anyone been denied or waitlisted their recently??

I would go so you can see the place and see what it's like. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
people have been rejected, but I believe they have yet to officially compile their waitlist..at least that's what they told me

Enough letters were sent out Dec. 1 to fill their class. About 15 did not accept the offer. On Jan. 15 more letters were sent out to fill the 15 spots. Those people have until Feb. 15, tomorrow, to decide. Then, if there are any spots left they will send out more letters or start the waitlist if the class is full. Hope that helps.

Enough letters were sent out Dec. 1 to fill their class. About 15 did not accept the offer. On Jan. 15 more letters were sent out to fill the 15 spots. Those people have until Feb. 15, tomorrow, to decide. Then, if there are any spots left they will send out more letters or start the waitlist if the class is full. Hope that helps.

ok. thanks. i hope i can get an acceptance/something before i head out there. that would be sweet.

anybody hear anything lately from creighton?

i just received a letter from them today in the mail saying i'm on the alternate list.

anybody hear anything lately from creighton?

i just received a letter from them today in the mail saying i'm on the alternate list.

Just checked my mail today - nothing! I wonder if this is good news or bad news. I'll check again monday.

Dakota - what r ur stats? I didn't see u on predents.com.

no letter here either!!

Just checked my mail today - nothing! I wonder if this is good news or bad news. I'll check again monday.

Dakota - what r ur stats? I didn't see u on predents.com.

yeah i'm not on predents.com
my stats are gpa: 3.97, AA-18, TS-19, PAT-17

I'm sending a letter on monday to drop my spot there...so hopefully one of you will hear from them soon after! Creighton is an awesome school, I just can't justify the cost of my state school. Good luck!

im on the alternate too:(

so ive received the alternate list letter....for those on it:

when it asks to respond in writing if you want to be on the list, what do you say?

anyone on the waitlist going to visit the school?
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the letter also saying I was on the alternate list, but I never even interviewed there. What's up with that?

I didn't even interviewed there either and I just received a letter offering
me an alternate position.

me 2, what does this mean. i wonder how many people got offered if there only giving 30 spots?

but aren't we fighting to get on the alternate list?

1000 were given the letter.

Wow.. so is this the breakdown we are looking at for this year?? Please feel free to make corrections if you have more info!!

- 3500 applications received this year.
- 85 seats offered, 15 declined.
- 15 remaining spots offered.
- class is then pretty much full.
- 1000 offers for the waitlist.
- 30 make the final waitlist.
- 2 or 3 people get in off of the waitlist.

Wow.. that is cruel...

i'm not even going to respond to that dumb letter...what a hassle. Competing for the 30 spots on the "active alternate list". But if some of you are, i hope it works out and there is now one less person to compete with b/c i'm not jumping through hoops with Creighton anymore. Best of luck to all you guys (and gals)!

Wow.. so is this the breakdown we are looking at for this year?? Please feel free to make corrections if you have more info!!

Wow.. that is cruel...
Actually 2 people were given a letter of acceptance feb 15th...

and as far as 2 or 3 people getting in off the waitlist, who knows? b/c this year is so competitive, we honestly cant say X amount of people are actually going to drop their seats.

Yeah, the way Creighton is doing things is very odd. They have to be one of the few dental schools in the nation that you can get accepted to without an interview.

How many of you guys are going to write back and try for the "active alternate list?"

howll bout only people w/ no acceptances write back? pretty please?

howll bout only people w/ no acceptances write back? pretty please?

I'm not going to respond to the letter either. Good luck to all those who are still waiting for an acceptance.

I'm not responding to the letter. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Got the waitlist letter too, I'm not going to respond back to it. Hope that opens up a waitlist spot for someone.

Wow.. that is cruel...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek:

:eek:

:eek::eek:

I was on the big kid waitlist at Creighton last year, after sending in the written acceptance of my eligibility for competing to be on the final waitlist. In the end, I didn't get in. Plus, as they indicate on the letter, I had to wait until really late in the summer to be sure I wasn't in at Creighton since, after all, it is a waitlist. However, last year the wait list was very long - just about everyone I knew who applied and didn't get in received the application for the waitlist. If you are serious about Creighton and this is all you have then at least appreciate that while you still have a shot, it is increasingly long odds, longer every day. When I didn't get in by mid-May, I reapplied to AADSAS. I recommend the same to people in the same spot.

I will not be accepting a position in their "active alternate list". I wish the best of luck to everyone hoping for an acceptance from creighton!

ok ....a) this whole waitlist for a waitlisted is dumb as hell and crude......dont keep false hope alive within our pathetic reject division of dental applicants

and B) i thought last year the waitlist for the waitlist had about 200 people on it.......wuts up with this 1000 people thing?....thats totally ridiculous on Creightons behalf.......is it really 1000?

yeah, its pretty ******ed:mad:

I remember reading somewhere that last years was 200 hundred people as well, it doesn't make sense to have 1000. I hope this isn't the case because I'd really like a spot on that active alternate list