SUNY hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idoctobe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you who are on HOLD at SUNY, what did your letter say?

Members don't see this ad.

for those of you who are on HOLD at SUNY, what did your letter say?
you got a letter? Dr. Johnston told me after my interview...
yes, please tell us what your letter said!! Thanks!

The purpose of this letter is to bring you up to date concerning the status of your application into our 2007 entering class.
The Admin Com is unable to make a commitment to your candidacy at this time. Be assured, your candidacy is important to us. Your status will be reviewwed periodically by the admin com.
We fully understand that delays in a final decision can be disconcerting. We will keep you abreast of changes in your status as soon as they occur.:confused:

im sad cuz i really wanted to get in. i feel like they dont see or sense my commitment for whatever reason. even the ODs i shadowed were impressed by my dedication because i had to use my vacation time to volunteer. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
The purpose of this letter is to bring you up to date concerning the status of your application into our 2007 entering class.
The Admin Com is unable to make a commitment to your candidacy at this time. Be assured, your candidacy is important to us. Your status will be reviewwed periodically by the admin com.
We fully understand that delays in a final decision can be disconcerting. We will keep you abreast of changes in your status as soon as they occur.:confused:

im sad cuz i really wanted to get in. i feel like they dont see or sense my commitment for whatever reason. even the ODs i shadowed were impressed by my dedication because i had to use my vacation time to volunteer. :(

stats?

dont let the letter get you down...=( when Dr. Johnston told me I was put on hold, he said it was because they really liked me but theyre not accepting anyone anymore so, if hes being truly sincere, it's definitly not you, and if you had been able to interview sooner, I'm sure you would be an immediate admit =). like i said, dont let it get you down, just contact him during the week of March 1 and let him kno how much u want to be there..im sure it will show =)

Hang in there.. it's always the same thing at this time of year. They've accepted enough people and they're waiting for people to let them know their final decisions. As people "drop out of the race" by picking other schools.. or whatever.. spots will become open for you guys on the hold list.

Best of luck!