Holds after interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EuesRUs

EuesRUs
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went for my interview for NOVA last week and Fran told me that they put my application on hold yesterday. She said they wanted an updated transcript since the transcript I sent to them did not have my grades from last semester. I did not perform as well as I could have last semester and now I'm really worried. I thought my interview went well and I'm wondering why they would do that? I figured if they called me for an interview they liked me and my interview went well enough that they did not reject me. I'm really upset because I feel like this waiting process is never going to end...has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why they would put an applicant on hold after an interview??? :confused: Any feedback would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

I understand how you feel. I know alot of ppl who went to interviews and still have to re-take their OATs after or send in more transcripts...I think it is happening to me as well but I haven't heard anything from the school for over 7 weeks after interviewing....I think it's weird how they invite us for interviews and then make us do more things in order to be accepted...i really thought that once you get the interview, then grades and numbers don't matter anymore...because it takes these scores to get u the interview in the first place right? I don't know...but at least you heard something back from your school....being put on hold is not as bad as never hearing back from a school...at least they are still interested in your application to make you do these things...good luck.

I went for my interview for NOVA last week and Fran told me that they put my application on hold yesterday. She said they wanted an updated transcript since the transcript I sent to them did not have my grades from last semester. I did not perform as well as I could have last semester and now I'm really worried. I thought my interview went well and I'm wondering why they would do that? I figured if they called me for an interview they liked me and my interview went well enough that they did not reject me. I'm really upset because I feel like this waiting process is never going to end...has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why they would put an applicant on hold after an interview??? :confused: Any feedback would be great!
i got put on hold at SUNY. sux i know. here are some links that might be helpful:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=370406

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=367026

i personally think they ask for more information as an additional way to wheedle ppl out. if you really want to go there then you will take the time to submit more information. Dr. Johnston told me to email him back this coming week to inquire about my application; he told me it was to let him know that i seriously want to go there so they wont need to waste their time on ppl that are not going to definitely accept their seat.

otherwise..best of luck, i hope you hear from them soon =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the encouragement guys! At least I know I'm not the only one in this position. Goodluck to you guys too and hopefully we'll be hearing some good news soon :)

Hey M - did they say they would make a decision after they see your grades?