newly opening Pharm.D programs for fall 2008?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asian pharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any new phrm.d programs that are planning to accept students for fall 2008? I cam eto know that one is the sullivan univrsity which is discused on this site.
does anybody know any other ones? advice appreciated.:)

Members don't see this ad.

i believe jefferson in philly is starting fall 08 as well.

Lipscomb University in Nashville is starting one up next year

Members don't see this ad :)
There is one in Arkansas too. It is a private school I can't remember the name.

does anyone know where to get information about Jefferson in Philadelphia?

does anyone know where to get information about Jefferson in Philadelphia?

Try googling it...or go to jefferson hospital university...FYI I heard that the assistant dean from USP is going to be the DEAN at jefferson...its gonna be a 4 year school mostly for people who already got a BS...now philly is going to be packed with pharmacy schools (temple, usip, and now jefferson)...

i looked on their website earlier today.. it looks like their dean just started in january. im sure information will be available soon. but my guess would be to call.

There is one in Arkansas too. It is a private school I can't remember the name.

Harding, in Searcy. It's affiliated with the Church of Christ. Should be opening this fall, if things go right with the ACPE.

chicago state university--> fall '08, non pharmcas participating

Touro wants to open up a Manhattan campus in 08. I don't know if they mean starting on construction or starting classes in 08.

LECOM is opening up a branch in Bradenton, FL

Also the University of the Incarnate Word opened last year in San Antonio but its not accredited yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regis University in Colorado is opening their school in 2008 I believe.

are there any new phrm.d programs that are planning to accept students for fall 2008? I cam eto know that one is the sullivan univrsity which is discused on this site.
does anybody know any other ones? advice appreciated.:)

College of Notre Dame. Baltimore, MD

Wow, this is way too many! Hopefully demand keeps up in retail, and more jobs can be created in clinical otherwise there might be unfortunately too many PharmD's and not enough positions.

How many pharm schools now? Over 100?

Well, I guess it gives people a much better chance of getting in, since there are more schools to try = more chances.

http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/schools.asp?action=view&TRACKID=&wh=B&CID=593&DID=4224

That's the only website I would look at for new schools. Just know it's really hard for a school to get funding and approval so don't think all of these schools will actually open up.

A few of those schools I applied to 3 years ago and they actually sent me a refund half way through the process because they couldn't get enough funding to get off the ground. It's also very hard to get pre-candidate status from ACPE and I can guarantee you that half the schools listed in this thread won't open and the other half will spend a few years before they get recognized by ACPE.

great point eddie.

Supposedly University of Illinois is planning to start a pharmacy school in Rockford where they already have a medical school in Fall 2009. They;ll have an emphasis on rural pharmacy.

Try googling it...or go to jefferson hospital university...FYI I heard that the assistant dean from USP is going to be the DEAN at jefferson...its gonna be a 4 year school mostly for people who already got a BS...now philly is going to be packed with pharmacy schools (temple, usip, and now jefferson)...

I just want to confirm this. Yes, this lady is leaving USP to go to Jefferson, or so we were told by one of our Deans recently.

I was told by the Dean of a new pharmacy school that one was opening in Sacramento

I was told by the Dean of a new pharmacy school that one was opening in Sacramento

That's news to me. There's a clerkship program at UCD Medical Center which is in Sacramento, but its a clerkship associated with UCSF. That's been in place since 1985....

I don't know name of the school but the dean said the are hoping to open for fall 2008 but he was not sure.

I know of one in downtown phoenix, its a branch of University of Arizona, I believe they are in the planning stages.

also no PCAT is need for 2007 only