USN waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi: I just got a call from Dr Deyoung. I got accepted to south Jordan campus (my second choice) and I am on the waiting list for Nevada campus(my first choice). Does any one know about the waiting list process in USN? Do you think that I have a chance to get into henderson?????????

Members don't see this ad.

Hi: I just got a call from Dr Deyoung. I got accepted to south Jordan campus (my second choice) and I am on the waiting list for Nevada campus(my first choice). Does any one know about the waiting list process in USN? Do you think that I have a chance to get into henderson?????????

It totally depends on where on the waitlist you are. I have a feeling there won't be quite as much movement as last year now that USN is Title IV Financial Aid Eligible but that being said I do know a person last year that was in the same situation as you and it worked out where he did end up getting into Henderson.

Congrats on getting into USN:)

It totally depends on where on the waitlist you are. I have a feeling there won't be quite as much movement as last year now that USN is Title IV Financial Aid Eligible but that being said I do know a person last year that was in the same situation as you and it worked out where he did end up getting into Henderson.

Is this mean the seats for henderson campus is already filled?

Any ideas who knows inside info.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh great, wait list already? and i haven't even got a call yet.

i dont thik thery r filled...

i juist changed my campus decision to henderson from south jordan,,, and i had time upto april 16th to decide,,,

when did u get the cal;l pharm2007

i dont thik thery r filled...

i juist changed my campus decision to henderson from south jordan,,, and i had time upto april 16th to decide,,,

when did u get the cal;l pharm2007

If you got into NOVA... would you still decide to go to USN?

no the program at nova is intl pharm D

2 yr 4 months and fee is half 18000 and much bigger campus .......

so will go to nova if i get there.. but wont regret goin toi usn in case u dont get it,,, its a good enuf school for me

I got into the henderson campus but will not be attending USN. I am going to lecom erie, so there will be a space in the henderson campus opening up. hope everything will go well for you. Oh, does anybody know the best way to decline admission. Dr. deyoung sent the admssion package to my home but I am at school far away. Tried emailing him last week but email didnt go through.

hey **** i just got waitlisted......

hey **** i just got waitlisted......

Hey I just got your pm. Did they gurantee you a spot in South Jordan but waitlist you for Henderson? Did they tell you what number you are on the waitlist? Hope so!

Good luck with everything:)

i actaully got waitlisted and slept over night.. and in the mornign when ui checked my mail ,, a position came at hendersonaand i got in.. thanks to that perspm who cancelled their henderson seat

I got into the henderson campus but will not be attending USN. I am going to lecom erie, so there will be a space in the henderson campus opening up. hope everything will go well for you. Oh, does anybody know the best way to decline admission. Dr. deyoung sent the admssion package to my home but I am at school far away. Tried emailing him last week but email didnt go through.

hey thanks vanstudent1986.. did u cancel your seat at usn... i think its becos of ur cancellation thati got intio henderson

ok, i interviewed on jan. 17th and have yet to hear anything!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewon jan 20th and got admission call on feb2nd

i shud kee ur hopes up cos there was an interview late in march and they are still considering student.. henderson campus is full at the moment but south jordan has spots

Thank you gsinccom. Dr Deyoung did not give me any exact number but he said that I am top 20 on the list and he recommended me to send him my spring transcript as soon as I am done. He said that it will increase my chances as I am done with the rest of courses.

dr deypoung didnt tel lme the exact number too.. my case its diff i all ready got in but wanted to shiuft campuses....

he said i was on the top of the waiting list for henderson campus

dr deypoung didnt tel lme the exact number too.. my case its diff i all ready got in but wanted to shiuft campuses....

he said i was on the top of the waiting list for henderson campus

HEY, GUESS WHAT I GOT ACCEPTED TO USN...WANNA KNOW HOW?

I GOT 3.9 FROM MY UNDERGRADUATE AT (NOT A UC OR IV LEAGUE BTW)

KISS ASSS TO ALL MY PROFESSORS AND BY-PASS THE PCAT, LOR, ETC....DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT PHARMACY AND IT WAS NOT UNTIL AFTER I GOT ACCEPTED THAT I STARTED TO WORK IN THE PHARMACY

OH MY GOD, I JUST GAVE OUT THE WRONG MEDICATION TO A PATIENT. I WONDER WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, BY THE WAY I AM JUST A CLERK, SO IT'S THE TECHNICIAN FAULT...OH HOW THEY HATE ME FOR MAKING THEM WORK EXTRA HARDER AND GETTING YELL AT...HAHAHAHA

WELL, I'LL JUST KISS ASSS TO MAKE UP AND FORGET...I HOPE I'LL GET BY IN PHARMACY SCHOOL TOO...HAHA NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO I AM OR RECORD...I ALSO HAVE AN ACCENT, I DON'T WANT TO GIVE TOO MUCH CLUE NOW DO I?

Congrats on South Jordan :) When were you interviewed and what were your stats? Thanks in advance :)

HEY, GUESS WHAT I GOT ACCEPTED TO USN...WANNA KNOW HOW?

I GOT 3.9 FROM MY UNDERGRADUATE AT (NOT A UC OR IV LEAGUE BTW)

KISS ASSS TO ALL MY PROFESSORS AND BY-PASS THE PCAT, LOR, ETC....DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT PHARMACY AND IT WAS NOT UNTIL AFTER I GOT ACCEPTED THAT I STARTED TO WORK IN THE PHARMACY

OH MY GOD, I JUST GAVE OUT THE WRONG MEDICATION TO A PATIENT. I WONDER WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, BY THE WAY I AM JUST A CLERK, SO IT'S THE TECHNICIAN FAULT...OH HOW THEY HATE ME FOR MAKING THEM WORK EXTRA HARDER AND GETTING YELL AT...HAHAHAHA

WELL, I'LL JUST KISS ASSS TO MAKE UP AND FORGET...I HOPE I'LL GET BY IN PHARMACY SCHOOL TOO...HAHA NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO I AM OR RECORD...I ALSO HAVE AN ACCENT, I DON'T WANT TO GIVE TOO MUCH CLUE NOW DO I?

This makes me sick. I wish this guy wasn't banned so I could verbally abuse the heylllll outta him.

Woah... looks like usn is filling up pretty quick. Does anyone know how many seats are left? Also, with usn having Title 4 loans now.. do you guys think it'll have a big effect on how many people's gonna deny their admissions? I had a few friends last year who weren't in the top 50 of the wait list and still got in..

This makes me sick. I wish this guy wasn't banned so I could verbally abuse the heylllll outta him.

It's sad people like him got in, while more deserving people are having to wait patiently for an answer :( Too bad there will always be people like him who are able to slip into pharmacy school...

So the Henderson campus is already filled? Damn, that sucks for me...I really hope that isn't true

Just been waitlisted...

Did you get somethig in the mail telling you this?

Yea just got a letter... I'm not even top 50 :p I guess chances are slim for the Henderson campus for me (finished all prereqs already.. nothing to do but to wait now).

Did anyone who has been waitlisted got accepted????????Has Dr Deyoung called anybody??????????

Did anyone who has been waitlisted got accepted????????Has Dr Deyoung called anybody??????????

Good question. I haven't heard anything, no acceptance, rejection letter, or wait list letter. I'm wondering if all the wait list letters have been sent or not. I would like to know what is going on.

i just got a letter today saying i'm on top 50 for wait list! hope i could get in!!

i just got a letter today saying i'm on top 50 for wait list! hope i could get in!!

Same here. Glad to finally know where I stand. I wonder how many on the waiting list get accepted. I'm in at ISU, but would like to stay here in Utah I don't know what to do.

Same here. Glad to finally know where I stand. I wonder how many on the waiting list get accepted. I'm in at ISU, but would like to stay here in Utah I don't know what to do.

zebiraross,

Did you apply to the UofU program? Just curious. Also is the USN wait list broken down according to campus preference (Henderson or South Jordan) or is it just one?

What I would do if I were you is put down the deposit for ISU so that you have a spot. If it works out that you get into USN-South Jordan then you can "eat" that money. My situation was actually very similar. I got into Pacific's program in Oregon a month or so before I found out I was in at USN-South Jordan and so I had to eat the $1000 Pacific deposit. Remember you gotta do what is best for you in this situation so unless ISU will let you wait it out I say put the deposit down now! It would be nice if USN gave you a better idea where you stood. For example if you are #5 of 50 then you have a great shot. If you are #45 of 50 then I'd say pack your bags for Pokie! Best wishes getting into USN:)

zebiraross,

Did you apply to the UofU program? Just curious. Also is the USN wait list broken down according to campus preference (Henderson or South Jordan) or is it just one?

What I would do if I were you is put down the deposit for ISU so that you have a spot. If it works out that you get into USN-South Jordan then you can "eat" that money. My situation was actually very similar. I got into Pacific's program in Oregon a month or so before I found out I was in at USN-South Jordan and so I had to eat the $1000 Pacific deposit. Remember you gotta do what is best for you in this situation so unless ISU will let you wait it out I say put the deposit down now! It would be nice if USN gave you a better idea where you stood. For example if you are #5 of 50 then you have a great shot. If you are #45 of 50 then I'd say pack your bags for Pokie! Best wishes getting into USN:)

Thanks. I didn't apply to the U. I already put down the deposit for ISU so I'm set for there. I live in Salt Lake so it would be nice to stay here and not move. Then you got the cost (ISU 11,000 per year, USN 36,000 per year). But you get to work one year earlier at USN...Poki is a little boring, but it would let me focus on my studies where slc could offer some distractions.

The wait list is broken down into campus choice, when I reply back to them stating I want to be on the waiting list they give you a form to send back stating your preference. I feel pretty confident being in the top 50 because last year 89 people from the waiting list got accepted. Ya, that's a lot. I think it's because the cream of the crop got accepted right off the bat with 4.0's and nailing interviews. This is before they got accepted anywhere else. But many of them got accepted to other schools which they will now attend but since they threw down the $1000 they will wait to the very end before they give up their spot because a person feels more secure when they have a back up plan. I know I would. If I got accepted right off the bat and put down $1000, then got accepted somewhere else that I had full intentions of attending I wouldn't give up my seat until the bitter end just in case something happened and I ended up changing my mind.

Congrads on getting in at USN!

Thanks. I didn't apply to the U. I already put down the deposit for ISU so I'm set for there. I live in Salt Lake so it would be nice to stay here and not move. Then you got the cost (ISU 11,000 per year, USN 36,000 per year). But you get to work one year earlier at USN...Poki is a little boring, but it would let me focus on my studies where slc could offer some distractions.

The wait list is broken down into campus choice, when I reply back to them stating I want to be on the waiting list they give you a form to send back stating your preference. I feel pretty confident being in the top 50 because last year 89 people from the waiting list got accepted. Ya, that's a lot. I think it's because the cream of the crop got accepted right off the bat with 4.0's and nailing interviews. This is before they got accepted anywhere else. But many of them got accepted to other schools which they will now attend but since they threw down the $1000 they will wait to the very end before they give up their spot because a person feels more secure when they have a back up plan. I know I would. If I got accepted right off the bat and put down $1000, then got accepted somewhere else that I had full intentions of attending I wouldn't give up my seat until the bitter end just in case something happened and I ended up changing my mind.

Congrads on getting in at USN!

you must be a resident of Idaho living in Utah?

I don't think the waitlist will move nearly as much this year. From talking to current USN students they say a lot of people had USN as a 2nd choice in previous years cause of the issue with USN not being eligible for Federal Aid but now that USN students can get Federal and not just Private loans they anticipate USN not being a 2nd choice as often and hence the movement on the waitlist shouldn't be nearly as much as in the past.

I do hope things work out for you and we are classmates come August 22nd!

I just received my letter today saying that I am on the "top 50" waitlist, but didn't say exaclty where in that top 50 I am. Well, good thing I already know I am going to Touro =) DO I just not reply to the letter and they take me off the waitlist?

hurray! that means i still have a faint of hope :D (not in top 50)

I just received my letter today saying that I am on the "top 50" waitlist, but didn't say exaclty where in that top 50 I am. Well, good thing I already know I am going to Touro =) DO I just not reply to the letter and they take me off the waitlist?

I would suggest a pro-active and professional approach to the majority of life's questions. Therefore, my suggestion is that you respond to the letter and say that you wish to be taken off the list as you'll be attending a different Pharmacy school and then thank them for considering you.

Congrats on Touro!

Hi, I got accepted to Henderson Campus.There is still hope for people who are on the waiting list.

My friend got in yesterday off the waiting list for Henderson campus also. She was on the top 20 list. Good luck to all.

Could someone please tell me what is going on with this so called waiting list. The last few messages have stated that people have recently got into the Henderson campus from the waiting list. Could someone please tell me if that means you already had a guaranteed seat at the South Jordan campus and just slipped into a vacancy at the Henderson Campus. I thought the waiting list for the Henderson campus was just for those students that have paid their deposit for accepting an offer to the South Jordan campus but would prefer to go to the Henderson campus. I was told that I was on the waiting list but just for a seat in general. I have not heard about my ranking yet. Could someone please include some more details.

Thanx,
Over

Could someone please tell me what is going on with this so called waiting list. The last few messages have stated that people have recently got into the Henderson campus from the waiting list. Could someone please tell me if that means you already had a guaranteed seat at the South Jordan campus and just slipped into a vacancy at the Henderson Campus. I thought the waiting list for the Henderson campus was just for those students that have paid their deposit for accepting an offer to the South Jordan campus but would prefer to go to the Henderson campus. I was told that I was on the waiting list but just for a seat in general. I have not heard about my ranking yet. Could someone please include some more details.

Thanx,
Over

i'm not sure about that situation, but about the ranking, you should reread ur wait list status letter, the first paragraph from that letter would give you a better idea of where you stand, on mine, it said "among the top 50 candidates" but it didn't specificly tell me what my rank is! good luck

Thanx,
Over

I just received my waitlist letter yesterday and it only says i'm in the top 50. Then it gives me three options, as to whether I wanna stay on the waitlist for Nevada only, for Utah only, or for both of them (meaning that if a spot in either opens up, they'll accept me). Does that answer your question? :)

Thank you for the added details. I guess I will be getting that letter in tomorrow's mail. I had been hearing all this stuff about the waitlist but my own status was still unknown. I emailed Dr. DeYoung and he emailed back that I was in the top 50 of the waitlist as well. I can't wait for my letter so that I can respond to be on the waitlist for both campuses.

Over

Hi, I got accepted to Henderson Campus.There is still hope for people who are on the waiting list.

pharmacy2007,

Congrats on getting into USN Henderson(your first choice)-I know you already had a seat at USN's South Jordan campus but definetly congrats on Henderson!!!

Be sure to let Pacific and Mass know that you won't be attending there so that those on the wait list at those schools can be moved along too:)

And, please request that your name be added to the list: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=373798&page=10

Congrats again!

pharmacy2007,

Congrats on getting into USN Henderson(your first choice)-I know you already had a seat at USN's South Jordan campus but definetly congrats on Henderson!!!

Be sure to let Pacific and Mass know that you won't be attending there so that those on the wait list at those schools can be moved along too:)

And, please request that your name be added to the list: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=373798&page=10

Congrats again!

Thank you gsinccom, I will definitely do that. As soon as I receive my acceptance letter in the mail, I will let those schools know that I won't be attending there.

Thank you misstofu,I hope that you hear from school soon.

Talk about irony...I just mailed my return letter to USN saying that I am declining my spot on the waitlist and then I got a call from Dr. DeYoung today around 5pm...

if you're not attending usn or utah , please decline asap! so i could get in :D :D i'm desparate!
oh yeah, here is a update, i know that today, for those who are on top 25 of waiting list, all got accepted! or maybe more......

if you're not attending usn or utah , please decline asap! so i could get in :D :D i'm desparate!
oh yeah, here is a update, i know that today, for those who are on top 25 of waiting list, all got accepted! or maybe more......

Did DeYoung tell you this? I've been constantly emailing him but he gives me little info :D

Did DeYoung tell you this? I've been constantly emailing him but he gives me little info :D

because a friend of mine got accepted to South Jordan campus yesterday, and Dr. deyoung told him that he was on the 25th rank of waiting list, and that's how i know...be patient...because i know that Dr. deyoung is very busy answering the same questions that's why you didn't get much of info...just wait.....i couldn't sleep last night, because of thinking about this!! =(

I returned a call to Dr. DeYoung Tuesday evening after realizing he had left me a voice mail about 4 hours prior. He offered me a seat at the South Jordan campus. I accepted his gracious offer. It is my first offer and my first choice for pharmacy schools. I am looking forward to starting school in the fall. I can finally relax this summer. I was pulling my hair out wondering if I was going to have to wait another year.

:) Over :)