Urgent help for the ISP Colorado exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paris

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Does anybody have an idea of what the waxing exercise will consist of? :confused:
Thank's a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank's for helping!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they will ask us to make a wax up model for a prepared tooth. it's the regular wax up and carving. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
i hope it's helpful

Thank you so much, good luck to you too.:)

hi ,
i think they will give differet wax type and ask to cut in different shape ...even soap carving exercise like asked in NOVA exam could be included......anyone out here who has been to the interviews before can give a better idea on this

thanx

they will ask us to make a wax up model for a prepared tooth. it's the regular wax up and carving. good luck ..........
??????????????
where did u get this info from man? or r u just assuming?

Hello All,
I was in the technique lab monitoring and helping the students during last year interviews. This year I may not be helping with the interviews as I am going to my country during the first batch interviews and my daughter's dance recital is on the same day as 2nd batch interviews. But I can give you a brief idea how the pattern will be.
It will consist of 2 wax exercises
1. green stick compound : you need to carve the green stick like a pencil/ crayon with a small box in the center. They will give you dimensions and shape on a paper and once you are done with carving you need to stick it with a tape on the paper.
2. They will give 2 kinds of waxes. ( rope wax , inlay wax-blue or yellow). There will be 3 alphabets (BOS)on the paper . You may have to manipulate the wax and drop them in two of the three alphabets.
There may be some changes this year. I am not sure about it.But for the past 3 interviews this was the pattern.

Hope this helps.
Asha

Dear amdoct,
Thank you so much for your help and your time, I wish you could be present for the interviews.:)

Hi Dr. amdoct,

This is very helpful!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,
I was in the technique lab monitoring and helping the students during last year interviews. This year I may not be helping with the interviews as I am going to my country during the first batch interviews and my daughter's dance recital is on the same day as 2nd batch interviews. But I can give you a brief idea how the pattern will be.
It will consist of 2 wax exercises
1. green stick compound : you need to carve the green stick like a pencil/ crayon with a small box in the center. They will give you dimensions and shape on a paper and once you are done with carving you need to stick it with a tape on the paper.
2. They will give 2 kinds of waxes. ( rope wax , inlay wax-blue or yellow). There will be 3 alphabets (BOS)on the paper . You may have to manipulate the wax and drop them in two of the three alphabets.
There may be some changes this year. I am not sure about it.But for the past 3 interviews this was the pattern.

Hope this helps.
Asha

Would that be possile you could post a little more details? Rope wax is for which one, inlay was-blue for which one? Do we drop the wax in or on the letter? The size of the letter ? etc.

Thank you very much!!!!!!