Smoke Weed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyboy5406

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you pre med/med students smoke weed?

Members don't see this ad.

Do any of you pre med/med students smoke weed?

I dont but have tried it a few times.

Im living with 4 other people in my apartment next year. 4/4 of them smoke weed...my only rule is not in my bedroom. So my living room will constantly smell like it.

no.. everyone who does doesn't get into med school.. it's a fact :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
no.. everyone who does doesn't get into med school.. it's a fact :luck:

strongly disagree with this statement...i know a guy who smokes at least twice a day who is a pre-med with a 3.6 gpa right now. and that is definitely med school material

thank you..i needed to hear that..i dont know what u were talking about axp

lol I was being sarcastic... I guess noone caught it... which makes sense(I guarantee 99% of the people in here will post replies like that)

But obviously smoking weed isn't beneficial.. what is the connection between the 2? are you asking if it is detrimental to getting in? It could be... it might not be..

lol..gotcha..it just sounded tooo sinceere like you knew of a study or something that proved this..lol..but yes I agree alot of ppl will post like this..but idk I think this effects some ppl differently and who knows..

I personally think sitting there playing world of warcraft all day is worse than smoking weed :D (even though I don't smoke)

lol I was being sarcastic... I guess noone caught it... which makes sense(I guarantee 99% of the people in here will post replies like that)

But obviously smoking weed isn't beneficial.. what is the connection between the 2? are you asking if it is detrimental to getting in? It could be... it might not be..

Well, you study high, you take the test high, and then you get high scores.

haha unless it is obvious, sarcasm is hard to tell online :oops:. Many of my friends argue that it's their way of relaxing. Where as you or me might go to the gym, watch tv, etc. - theyd like to relax on a couch and hang out for a little bit. I dont see a big problem with it as long as they take their grades seriously. Some just do it and eat...then play WOW...then do it again n eat again soon after...haha

there are high functioning potheads and then there are those who do nothing. if you smoke weed and are still able to accomplish everything you need to accomplish, then the more power to you. however, i have to add that for every pothead w/ excellent grades + activities i've met, there are about 20 who skip class and play video game/eat cheetohs and completely f*ck up school

Nah.. seems a little weird to me to tell people that that stuff can screw you up like any of the other billion things out there with adverse affects to your body and then be hypocritical about it and do it too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost everyone smokes some pot at some point in time, some more than others, its not a big deal in moderation, and at some point if you want to be a health professional then you will definitely have to stop. The biggest concern is getting caught, which would be a very career limiting move.

how would this be very career limiting..are there tests for this as a physician will you be subjected to these tests??

how would this be very career limiting..are there tests for this as a physician will you be subjected to these tests??

if you are caught (don't exactly know the rules) but it can go on your perm. record, and med schools get to look at it..

It would make sense...virtually every job drug tests because nobody wants a drug user working for them for obvious reasons. Not to mention the fact that if you get caught, you run the very real risk of going to prison, getting a felony charge, or both. Even if it's a first-time offense and you just get a misdemeanor and a fine, have fun telling adcoms you do drugs. I'm sure they'll be very receptive. :thumbup:

I agree its very risky to continue smoking into that sort of professional atmosphere. Think about it, you would be able to prescribe "medical marijuana" - lets just say you prescribe it a few times - if anyone found out you smoked they might go and do background checks and make sure the patients you gave it to justifiably needed it. Or they might think you would do it for friends or take some for yourself. I think itd just make them think less of you or be very suspicious of you.

As a patient, I would love to know that my doctor is a pothead. :rolleyes:

Anyone to actually discuss this on a public forum is out of their mind. As much as everyone tries to hide their identity on these forums, its still not that hard to figure out. Not to sound harsh, but to the OP...you should consider deleting your post.

Anyone to actually discuss this on a public forum is out of their mind. As much as everyone tries to hide their identity on these forums, its still not that hard to figure out. Not to sound harsh, but to the OP...you should consider deleting your post.

I dont understand the paranoia in our society. It's been scientifically proven that smoking weed is less harmful for you than cigarettes. Especially with a vaporizer (which minimizes damage to your lungs), its not bad for you at all compared to so much worse stuff out there i.e. alcohol, ciggs, very high amount of caffeine, etc.

I dont think he should be put on the spot, or scrutinized for being honest and talking about an aspect of his personal likes that he enjoys. and i know you mean the best to warn despina =p

What you do in your own time is fine, more power to you, but I wouldn't want my doc to be treating me with an altered status.

of course this is somewhat of a large deal thats why I am asking this sort of question on here..I want ppl to bring their thoughts/ideas out in the open so we can all discuss things here..people are swayed some think differently after reading things and hearing others points of views, we all just need one large confrence to bring things out in the open in this world..thats why I am posting on here, now to the contrary of what someone mentioned earlier I believe others should bring riskay topics to the forums and bring them to life so we can mess with our ideas and learn new ones..

Hey guys I'm sort of new to the forum and while looking through I have seen LMFU written just about everywhere. What does LMFU mean?

Hey guys I'm sort of new to the forum and while looking through I have seen LMFU written just about everywhere. What does LMFU mean?

No, I doubt you have; you've probably seen "LMAO," or "LMFAO."

LMFAO = Laughing My F***ing Ass Off

You can guess LMAO.

The closest I can say that I've been to smoking weed was walking by certain sections of my college dorm that were "smokey".

Which isn't as far from smoking as you might think...cause going by the smoke coming from their doorways, these people might as well have been tossing big piles of weed into a weed bonfire.

You could be talking about TMDSAS's LMFU, which stands for last master file update. Whenever something gets changed about your application, such as a new test grade or an address change, the LMFU is changed to reflect the time of change.

Yeah I was talking about the TMDSAS and I didnt even know it. Thanks a lot!

Yes, doctors are tested all the time, definately as a resident and maybe even during your clinical years. A couple schools will require a screen before you even matriculate. Not all doctors are though as different hospitals/practices have different policies, but it's something to keep in mind.

lol i got it immediately...

I dont understand the paranoia in our society. It's been scientifically proven that smoking weed is less harmful for you than cigarettes. Especially with a vaporizer (which minimizes damage to your lungs), its not bad for you at all compared to so much worse stuff out there i.e. alcohol, ciggs, very high amount of caffeine, etc.

I dont think he should be put on the spot, or scrutinized for being honest and talking about an aspect of his personal likes that he enjoys. and i know you mean the best to warn despina =p

But... last time I checked, cigarettes were pretty well linked with cancer. That's like saying marijuana is better than death. Of course it is!

But... last time I checked, cigarettes were pretty well linked with cancer. That's like saying marijuana is better than death. Of course it is!

Of course, I agree that marijuana smoking is in no way beneficial to someone's health. It only hurts. But, I just wanted to point out that society makes it out to be so dangerous and taboo and yet its less harmful than things we see just walking down the street (ciggs) or at almost every party you attend (alcohol). Of course if it was possible to rid people of smoking marijuana, I would. But if we were to wish that, then we'd have to want to get rid of a ton of other things as well...marijuana isnt the biggest of our worries.

http://lungdiseases.about.com/b/2005/04/20/the-effects-of-marijuana-on-the-lungs.htm

"Researchers at the UCLA Pulmonary Research Laboratory studied the effects of marijuana smoking in 75 young men. The men consumed an average of five marijuana cigarettes a day for two months. The study showed that the lung damage caused by four marijuana cigarettes were equal to the damage caused by 112 tobacco cigarettes. "

http://lungdiseases.about.com/b/2005/04/20/the-effects-of-marijuana-on-the-lungs.htm

"Researchers at the UCLA Pulmonary Research Laboratory studied the effects of marijuana smoking in 75 young men. The men consumed an average of five marijuana cigarettes a day for two months. The study showed that the lung damage caused by four marijuana cigarettes were equal to the damage caused by 112 tobacco cigarettes. "

http://www.taima.org/en/risks.htm

There's all kinds of published work on this stuff. A vaporizer through testing has been shown to affect lungs very little...which is what i tell people to use IF they insist on smoking marijuana either way. Even with a bong (with its water and possible ice filters) its harmful most definitely.

By the way this study was showing people smoking 5 marijuana cigarettes a day...is this by themselves? that is ALOT to smoke...most i know (who do it regularly) will smoke the equivalent to less than 2 cigarettes worth of marijuana. compare that to your heavy smoker that goes through over a pack a day...

Why not get high off of say bungee jumping, cliff diving or some adventure sport. Screw wasting my money on a plant that won't benefit me any. This topic has been done ad nauseum on here and it still disgusts me that the topic is even brought up. Where is someone's decency? Trying to rationalize cannabis use based on how it is healthier than cigarettes, etc. makes no sense. Its a drug, its mind altering, it shouldn't be used. (I know that alcohol is a drug so don't rebut with that)

That's the end of me standing on my soapbox.

Well, you study high, you take the test high, and then you get high scores.

Isn't this a line from the movie How High? I love that movie.

BTW, never smoked weed and I walk away from anyone who is smoking weed.

This convo is not appropriate for Pre-Allo. Moving to Lounge.

Please, please, please stop moving ******ed threads to the lounge. I'm going to make a pre-allo thread, actually, because I am convinced that reading this all the way through increased my BP enough to give me a berry aneurysm. Especially the post about omg just bungee jump, don't do mind altering drugs, except I know alcohol is mind altering, don't bring that up, lol!

"Heyyy dude, I hear that weed really fu**s up your red blood cells."

"Pass the cheetos, its time for a snack before I take my nap."

Unfortunately, this is a direct quote from someone I knew some 15 odd years ago. I have no idea what they're doing with their life now.

-Mike

My neighbors are always smoking weed on sundays. Its like if I smell weed, I think: It must be sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.