Any review for University Hospitals Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gopath

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a research on this program. Not much information available out there.
Can somebody give a brief review on this program?
many thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I did a research on this program. Not much information available out there.
Can somebody give a brief review on this program?
many thanks
yes, I did a research on that website. I would be interested to hear something from people who know this program.
THX

Members don't see this ad :)
They had some problems a few years back, but of that is gone now... The program is a good mid range program, but it does live in the shadow of the Cleveland Clinic right down the street.

I am currently a CP only resident at this program. I can give you some information on the program from my perspective. One of the main strengths of the program is that they have been extremely flexible in my scheduling to allow me to pursue my research interests during my residency. I am also an MD/PhD and I hope to spend a great deal of my time in basic research after my residency. As a CP only resident, they give you a lot of flexibility to focus on a specific area of Pathology and have been very supportive of my career goals. The CP training is good, of course certain areas of CP are stronger than others. Another advantage of this program is its location. Cleveland is a very inexpensive city. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

I am currently a CP only resident at this program. I can give you some information on the program from my perspective. One of the main strengths of the program is that they have been extremely flexible in my scheduling to allow me to pursue my research interests during my residency. I am also an MD/PhD and I hope to spend a great deal of my time in basic research after my residency. As a CP only resident, they give you a lot of flexibility to focus on a specific area of Pathology and have been very supportive of my career goals. The CP training is good, of course certain areas of CP are stronger than others. Another advantage of this program is its location. Cleveland is a very inexpensive city. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
Thanks JJ3, your information is important to me.
Could you also give a brief comment on the AP part of this program? I myself am interested in AP/CP combined program.

As I am a CP only resident, I am not the best person to comment on the AP portion of the residency program, but I will ask another resident to provide some information.

The AP/CP program is also solid. The case mix is very good. The faculty are supportive of the residents within the program. They have instituted more opportunities for graduated responsibilities in recent years. The case volume is around 35,000 specimens not including derm which is housed in the dermatology department. This program has only 3 fellowships so the residents are given some of the responsibilities that might be performed by fellows in programs with numerous amounts of fellows. Overall, you would get an excellent training by going to UHC Case.

Wow, so no dark spots eh? and excellent training too?

I guess JHU, Penn, UVA, and UCSF are on par with UH huh?

I am not trying to say UH is a bad program, they are a good mid range program.

But a flawless review by an internal resident is a little hard to believe...

The AP/CP program is also solid. The case mix is very good. The faculty are supportive of the residents within the program. They have instituted more opportunities for graduated responsibilities in recent years. The case volume is around 35,000 specimens not including derm which is housed in the dermatology department. This program has only 3 fellowships so the residents are given some of the responsibilities that might be performed by fellows in programs with numerous amounts of fellows. Overall, you would get an excellent training by going to UHC Case.
thanks UHCAPCP and JJ3, I will go to visit there in November.See you then.

"The program is a good mid range program".

can you tell me how many programs are in your defined top range and mid range? total about 150 path program. which other programs are in the same level?

thanks.

"The program is a good mid range program".

can you tell me how many programs are in your defined top range and mid range? total about 150 path program. which other programs are in the same level?

thanks.
As a psychology student is asking me I will assume this has more to do with mother than pathology, but I will answer.
I tend to think of programs as thirds or quartiles. Middle programs would be then the middle third or the middle half.
(yes the concept of 4 categories with only three meaningful groups is weird but pathologist do it all the time..)