UNTHSC/TCOM Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above for INTERVIEW DATES ONLY!. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own. If you are looking for the general discussion thread, please check here to find the appropriate thread.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just getting the rest of my app in this week. I know they're already interviewing. How is it? What should I expect?

Since its in texas, you will be expected to wear spurs, boots, and a cowboy hat, since that is how we all dress here. Instead of saying "yes", yell "yee haw!!!" when someone asks you a question too.

And be sure to proclaim your undying love for George W. Bush, because we all love him so much, and it might be in your best interest to ask when the next rattlesnake roundup or rodeo is, because that is our main form of entertainment here. And stay away from our hot chicks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude...I live in Dallas. I was asking more about the interview. It'll be my first...if I get one.

Dude...I live in Dallas. I was asking more about the interview. It'll be my first...if I get one.

"Dude..I live in Dallas."
translated: "I already know to do all that stuff."

in 2001, when I interviewed, it was very laid back and non-stress. All interviews were very conversational.

Oh, and FMcFP :D

I guess i might have said yall one too many times and my second interviewer grilled me about healthcare today and a bunch of ethical questions...but even with that I loved the school and at the end he told me I did well...so relax and enjoy and a few yeehaw s might not be a bad idea either

Don't knock "y'all"

I don't know what the big deal is about it. Its a freaking contraction. Only people from california ever make fun of it, and they say stuff like "hella", which is way worse, and, unlike "y'all", not a real word.

not knocking it man i prolly did say it a few times in my interview! its wierd im originally from cali so i say things like hella and so people in texas look at me weird and when i go to cali i catch myself saying yall and they look at me all weird :D

i remember saying y'all at my AZCOM interview as i was leaving..my interviewers laughed at me :(

not knocking it man i prolly did say it a few times in my interview! its wierd im originally from cali so i say things like hella and so people in texas look at me weird and when i go to cali i catch myself saying yall and they look at me all weird :D
Maybe picking which side you're on would be a good idea, then you'd only get laughed at half the time;)

Hint: TX wins...always...we were our own country till we decided y'all needed some more cool kids at your lunch table. :cool:

:hello:

anyone heard anything yet?

anyone else interviewing tomorrow????

Good luck! I am interviewing next Tuesday. It will be my first one, and I am really nervous about that...

Last edited: