LMU-DCOM (DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine) Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above for INTERVIEW DATES ONLY!. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own. If you are looking for the general discussion thread, please check here to find the appropriate thread.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering where you all stayed while interviewing at LMUDCOM...I have an interview next week and I'm looking for a hotel nearby, any recommendations? Thanks.

I was wondering where you all stayed while interviewing at LMUDCOM...I have an interview next week and I'm looking for a hotel nearby, any recommendations? Thanks.

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express, and it was a good experience. They offer a complimentary breakfast and a discount for people interviewing at LMU-DCOM. It was also only about 3.5 miles from the school, so it was a really convenient location.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the Holiday Inn as well. No complaints, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot else to choose from. I think I paid $55 with the discount.

The holiday INN knoxville is very close, maybe 10 minutes away. I was not able to get a room there this weekend. They did have a lot going on at the school with the ceremonies. I would definitely get reservations just in case though. I stayed at downtown inn and suites ....Was ok.

I am downtown knoxville now so I can fly out in the morning.

Good Luck...You are going to love this place:love:

So I got an interview invite today! Anyone else interviewing on Nov 6th? I'm incrediably nervous now especially about going to the pizza thing. But I do love pizza.

So I got an interview invite today! Anyone else interviewing on Nov 6th? I'm incrediably nervous now especially about going to the pizza thing. But I do love pizza.

I got an interview invitation today as well. I wish I could come earlier - but because of couple of other scheduled interviews and thanksgiving week trip, I had to schedule my interview at LMU on 11/30. I hope the class is not full by then.

Good luck on your interview on the 6th.

Hey! The pizza thing is supposed to help with the nerves, not hurt! It'll be fun. I am going tonight for the interviewees tomorrow. It'll be a blast :laugh:

I got an interview invitation today as well. I wish I could come earlier - but because of couple of other scheduled interviews and thanksgiving week trip, I had to schedule my interview at LMU on 11/30. I hope the class is not full by then.

Good luck on your interview on the 6th.

Don't worry, I think the class will have plenty of spots available at that time. Good luck. Nascar and/or I will try to stop by and say hello

There is nothing to be nervous about. The students down there are very chill. Just go to have fun. :cool:

I just get really nervous when in a new place with new people. So I found out the drive shouldn't really be that bad from Birmingham, AL only about 5 and a half hours so I'm planning on working half a day then driving and getting there in time to check in and get pizza. So are prospective students meeting in the hotel lobby then going to the pizza thing?

I just get really nervous when in a new place with new people. So I found out the drive shouldn't really be that bad from Birmingham, AL only about 5 and a half hours so I'm planning on working half a day then driving and getting there in time to check in and get pizza. So are prospective students meeting in the hotel lobby then going to the pizza thing?

We have been meeting straight at the pizza place. I just got back from tonights meeting. There were 5 interviewees here. Just show up, and if we dont grab you, you can ask the hostess for the DCOM students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the Holiday Inn as well. No complaints, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot else to choose from. I think I paid $55 with the discount.

For the Holiday Express, they told me ~ $70 King/Non... is this in the ballpark or should I call back for a better deal? Maybe this question should be directed more towards GoBlueGirl? I guess there's a Holiday Inn *IN* Knoxville and the Express is in Middlesboro...

I've got a few interviews so I'm cutting corners where I can... the flight costs alone are outrageous - even with a few red-eye connections!

For the Holiday Express, they told me ~ $70 King/Non... is this in the ballpark or should I call back for a better deal? Maybe this question should be directed more towards GoBlueGirl? I guess there's a Holiday Inn *IN* Knoxville and the Express is in Middlesboro...

I've got a few interviews so I'm cutting corners where I can... the flight costs alone are outrageous - even with a few red-eye connections!

Did you ask for the discount?

Did you ask for the discount?

I called back and a guy at the hotel said it was applied but it sounded like he might have been "lazy"... sound steep?

I called back and a guy said it was applied but it sounded like he might have been "lazy"... sound steep?

Yeah, that sounds a little high. I honestly don't remember what I paid, but think it was $55. I'll check on it tomorrow and let you know :D

Yeah, that sounds a little high. I honestly don't remember what I paid, but think it was $55. I'll check on it tomorrow and let you know :D

Thank you! :thumbup:

I checked my credit card statement. With all taxes and fees, the holiday inn in middlesboro cost $60.50. I also saved some money flying Southwest to Nashville and renting a car. It was a four hour drive, but a much more direct flight and thus a far shorter total travel time.

I checked my credit card statement. With all taxes and fees, the holiday inn in middlesboro cost $60.50. I also saved some money flying Southwest to Nashville and renting a car. It was a four hour drive, but a much more direct flight and thus a far shorter total travel time.

Appreciate it! :thumbup: Easy change and turns out they had no problem applying the $55 rate for LMU-DCOM interviewees. Thanks folks.

Just scheduled an interview for 11/13...mega pumped! This area of the country is prime. Hopefully everything goes well and I am looking forward to meeting everyone up there. Good luck to everyone interviewing.

I just had an interview at DCOM last Friday (2/26). Has anyone from that interview day received an acceptance call yet? Or, does anyone know when to expect the call (like time of day)?