Applying without a bachelor's degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saratogian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is my situation. I am a sophmore this year (junior in standing with my 32 AP credits). I will be done with all the pre reqs for my top vet schools next year, and I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has applied early as a junior without obtaining a bachelor's degree before entering vet school? What are your chances of getting in? What schools allow for early addmissions like this or do all of them? I know that washington state does, yet if you enter early, you must finish your bachelor's before you graduate vet school. That makes it so you have to take courses while in vet school, which kinda sucks. I was just trying to weigh my options before deciding whether to apply next year. Thanks for the input.

Avery

Members don't see this ad.

So here is my situation. I am a sophmore this year (junior in standing with my 32 AP credits). I will be done with all the pre reqs for my top vet schools next year, and I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has applied early as a junior without obtaining a bachelor's degree before entering vet school? What are your chances of getting in? What schools allow for early addmissions like this or do all of them? I know that washington state does, yet if you enter early, you must finish your bachelor's before you graduate vet school. That makes it so you have to take courses while in vet school, which kinda sucks. I was just trying to weigh my options before deciding whether to apply next year. Thanks for the input.

Avery

If your a "Junior in standing" then you should be graduating Spring 09. So you should have no issue appying anywhere during the fall 08 application cycle.

Otherwise you would have to look at schools on a case by case basis to see if they have early admissions programs for people who are not looking to enter school the following fall.

Can you not finish enough credits to graduate? I have a friend who did this......and I'm not certain if she actually graduated or not, but she applied to vet school junior year and got in (UGA). She also applied to OSU--don't know if she got in or not I haven't spoken to her in a while. I know I read once on someone's thread that a girl that was at their vet school applied as a sophomore and got in......without graduating. She just finished the pre-reqs. I don't remember where she got in at though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you can get in without getting your Bachelor's. I applied a year early (Summer before my Junior year), but I knew that if I got in I could get my classes done to graduate in 3 years. It would be difficult to get in as a Sophomore, and they definitely questioned why I was applying early. If you have a good response though, I really don't think it will hurt.

as long as you will have your pre-reqs done you can get in anywhere (hearing that you have to finish your bachelors if accepted to WS is news to me!) in most classes you have 1 or 2 people that never graduated with any degree before vet school. go for it!!

I know of at least one person here at TN in the class above me that just has the pre-reqs--no degree.

I haven't finished my BS in Bio yet, and I have applied for fall '08. If I don't get in, I'll stick around another year and finish my BS in Bio (only 1 semester left), and get a minor in Chem. I just feel old (25) and need to get the hell out of undergrad asap. :eek:

if i hear another 'old' at 25 comment i'm going to hurt somebody.
(35 year old here).

:cool:

(35 year old here).

LMAO (I'm 33 - but - I remember feeling old at 25 too!)

(35 year old here).

Sorry, I know I'm not old old. But it's just annoying when 99% of the people I take classes with are younger than me. I wanna get my BS and get the hell out asap. My boyfriend graduated from UCLA at 21, so I definitely feel the pressure. :oops: