Lecom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liverpoolsoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey to all i was woundering who else will be at LECOM bradenton on nov 1 for the interview and if anybody knows if we have a writing prompt during the process on the 1st

Members don't see this ad.

just wondering, when submit your supplemental application to lecom? thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the school will review an application without the PCAT score submitted? thanks

for those who got an interview, are all of your classes finished? mine are, but they contacted me to say one of my classes does not count for them so i am only "missing" one course. does that mean i don't get an interview?

for those who got an interview, are all of your classes finished? mine are, but they contacted me to say one of my classes does not count for them so i am only "missing" one course. does that mean i don't get an interview?

When did they contact you? I don't think that would stop you from getting an interview. They know students are still completing prerequisite courses, so that shouldn't hurt you.

they contacted me two weeks ago. and then i contacted back saying i will take the course if they don't accept it. and still nothing. i don't get it. should i call..or am i bothering them?

i submitted supplemental end of september.

I got an interview for Nov. 1st! I am taking 3 of the classes I need in fall and 1 more in spring. I'm coming from Orlando so its not as bad as some other ones. Good luck!

I submitted my application at the end of August and got the call about a week and a half ago. hope this helps

congrats! are you guys getting called or emailed?

for those who got interviews, could u guys please list your stats? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks. hmm maybe i will call them later. :idea: don't know why they would contact me to tell me i am missing a class and forget about me :(

Overall: 2.96 GPA (Currently Taking more classes, i.e: retaking pre-reqs)
Science: 2.76 GPA
BS in Chemistry
1.5 years of pharmacy experience (worked at CVS pharmacy)
Massive amounts of volunteering and leadership experience...
Great LOR's
PCAT: 82% composite
Currently studying for PTCB exam

I think that about sums it up...

Stats:
3.2 GPA
80% Pcat
6 months of pharmacy experience and will get certified in Jan.
Missions director for church
joined 2 pre-health clubs
Always had a job. don't forget that work experience is valuable as well!

I got a call followed by an email. The admissions lady is great. Once she emails you the lines of communication are open and easy to use.

i finally got an email confirming my app is complete. how long after that email did people get an interview? and did they call or email you. question for both lecom. thanks!

It took about three weeks if i am correct. I can't find the email confirming that they had my complete application, so this is my best estimate.

Overall: 2.96 GPA (Currently Taking more classes, i.e: retaking pre-reqs)
Science: 2.76 GPA
BS in Chemistry
1.5 years of pharmacy experience (worked at CVS pharmacy)
Massive amounts of volunteering and leadership experience...
Great LOR's
PCAT: 82% composite
Currently studying for PTCB exam

I think that about sums it up...

That is awesome I work at CVS too! but if you don't mind how any classes are you retaking and what kind of leadership and how much volunteer?
I took the PTCB if you have worked drop-off for a good 6 months and can calculate all the days supply right you will have no problem with the test just know the chemical names for brand drugs that don't have a generic. Everyone at my store got a question about lansoprazole...prevacid.

good luck though and please let me know about the questions I asked thanks

Wow...This sucks, I finished my app.(pharmcas and supp.) awhile ago and recieved a confirmation e-mail on Oct. 11 (saying I would recieve an e-mail if selected for an interview). I'm not from Florida, do you think they are interviewing residents first? Also, I submitted a pharmcas app. to the other LECOM campus but never finished the supp. I have continuously recieved e-mails from LECOM saying to finish that supp. Would that affect my application status in the Bradenton campus?

Gpa: 3.9 Overall, 4.0 on Mathematics, 4.0 on Chemistry, 3.87 on social sciences.
pcat: 81%
I work as teacher assistant in chemistry for 3 years.
No pharmacy experiences.

To those that have already interviewed... how was the interview... how many people were there? do they interview in groups or is it one on one? Also what type of questions did they ask?

I've been trying to get a good idea of the reputation LECOM has. . . what have y'all heard? Good? Bad? Thanks!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJECTED!!! lol

Sorry to hear that. Did you get rejected post interview or what?
Stats please. I applied there and have yet to hear from them since my application was complete ~ OCT 22 or 23rd.

no interview, no nothin, just the letter..i had my stuff in the middle of august....

2.99 Cum
3.1 SCI/Math
76 PCAT
Lots of Leadership/pharm tech experience
Walgreens management
Great LORS, and from what I felt, strong essays, following most of the given rules/guidlines for writing on here..

I dont have strong grade stats but I tried to make up for it elsewhere, guess it didnt work for them! No sweat, still have a bunch of schools left..

Good luck guys..

no interview, no nothin, just the letter..i had my stuff in the middle of august....

2.99 Cum
3.1 SCI/Math
76 PCAT
Walgreens management
Great LORS, and from what I felt, strong essays, following most of the given rules/guidlines for writing on here..

I dont have strong grade stats but I tried to make up for it elsewhere, guess it didnt work for them! No sweat, still have a bunch of schools left..

Good luck guys..

from erie or brandenton?

Is this thread for Bradenton only?
I applied to LECOM Erie. Did anyone hear from LECOM Erie?

2.99 Cum
3.1 SCI/Math
76 PCAT
Walgreens management

Good luck guys..

Keep up this positive attitude!

I went to the interview on 11/1/07 at Bradenton campus and just got a phone call from LECOM this morning letting me know that I was accepted. I will be receiving a mail for it :)

PharmCas application submitted 6/15/07
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.83
PCAT score: 61% (my verbal and reading comprehension score is very low-English is my 2nd language)
Used to work at CVS Pharmacy for 4 months
Attending Northern Viriginia Community College
No Associate degree or BS
Female
Fairfax, VA
Got denied at Albany College of Pharmacy, NY :(

I went to the interview on 11/1/07 at Bradenton campus and just got a phone call from LECOM this morning letting me know that I was accepted. I will be receiving a mail for it :)

PCAT score: 61%
Female
Fairfax, VA

What kinds of questions did they ask you? How many people were there? Is it an interview panel or 1 on 1? Btw... Congrats on your ACCEPTANCE!!!

What kinds of questions did they ask you? How many people were there? Is it an interview panel or 1 on 1? Btw... Congrats on your ACCEPTANCE!!!

I don't remember exactly but here are some of the questions (8 total)
- Tell us about yourself using your achievements and hobbies.
- Who influenced you to pursue pharmacy?
- Talk about a weakness you have academically and what you action you took to overcome this deficiency.
- Tell me about a specific group setting at work or school, the role you played in the group, and how you overcame some problem or conflict.
There were 12 people there, most from Florida. We got a 1 on 1 interview and then a group discussion activity.
Dress professional and be confident to yourself. Good luck on your interview tomorrow. Let me know how it goes too.:)

PCAT score: 61%
Female
Fairfax, VA

wow, your GPA and work experience is exactly the same as mine...only thing i am missing right now is my pcat score.... i hope that i get a 70 and get in....

Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you. I ‘m scheduled for interview Nov the 27. I've never been interviewed before in my life. I'm very nervous. Please PM me& let me know how the interview did go down. I want to know things like "how many interviewers in the room, Is the interviewer a male or female? Did he/she ask you to write an essay? If yes: On what topic? You mention that they did ask you only eight questions and I ‘m wondering how long did it take? Did it take you the whole half hour? What is the group activity is all about? What is first the interview or the presentation of the curriculum? What did they ask you on the interview? (Any questions you remember other than the one you posted)" Please PM me ASAP.

PCAT score: 61% (my verbal and reading comprehension score is very low-English is my 2nd language)
Female
Fairfax, VA

Congratulations!! I’m very happy for you. I ‘m scheduled for interview Nov the 27. I’ve never been interviewed before in my life. I’m very nervous. Please PM me& let me know how the interview did go down. I want to know things like “how many interviewers in the room, Is the interviewer a male or female? Did he/she ask you to write an essay? If yes: On what topic? You mention that they did ask you only eight questions and I ‘m wondering how long did it take? Did it take you the whole half hour? What is the group activity is all about? What is first the interview or the presentation of the curriculum? What did they ask you on the interview? (Any questions you remember other than the one you posted)” Please PM me ASAP.:scared:

Congratulations!! I’m very happy for you. I ‘m scheduled for interview Nov the 27. I’ve never been interviewed before in my life. I’m very nervous. Please PM me& let me know how the interview did go down. I want to know things like “how many interviewers in the room, Is the interviewer a male or female? Did he/she ask you to write an essay? If yes: On what topic? You mention that they did ask you only eight questions and I ‘m wondering how long did it take? Did it take you the whole half hour? What is the group activity is all about? What is first the interview or the presentation of the curriculum? What did they ask you on the interview? (Any questions you remember other than the one you posted)” Please PM me ASAP.:scared:

No worries Valencia,

LECOM staff is very nice... i had my interview on Nov 8th... its a 1 on 1 interview... probably 11-12 people there... i had a 11... the interview goes something like this... they do a block schedule of interviews... for example there will be 4 faculty or dean people and each will take 3 people to interview... then they ask you the regular questions... tell me about urself... why pharmacy... situational questions... however they'll word it a lot differently so you might want to prepare on that... the interview goes by pretty quick... no writing assessment... the group interview activity you get split into 2 groups with 1 professor and you are assigned to read an article... after reading the article you discuss it as a group... the professor wants to see how you interact in a group setting... nothing too big... good luck with your interview...

Hi everyone! So I just got a call yesterday from Heather and my interview is on Dec. 4! Does anyone else have that interview date? I'm from California, so I'm really excited to come to FL! YAY! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me for the interview. This is my first interview EVER and this is the only interview I've gotten so this one is REALLY important to me! What should I wear? How should I act? What hotel should I stay at? Thanks people!

:p:p:p

No worries Valencia,

LECOM staff is very nice... i had my interview on Nov 8th... its a 1 on 1 interview... probably 11-12 people there... i had a 11... the interview goes something like this... they do a block schedule of interviews... for example there will be 4 faculty or dean people and each will take 3 people to interview... then they ask you the regular questions... tell me about urself... why pharmacy... situational questions... however they'll word it a lot differently so you might want to prepare on that... the interview goes by pretty quick... no writing assessment... the group interview activity you get split into 2 groups with 1 professor and you are assigned to read an article... after reading the article you discuss it as a group... the professor wants to see how you interact in a group setting... nothing too big... good luck with your interview...
Thanks!! You are very helpful. I hope all goes well for you. :luck::luck::luck:

Hi everyone! So I just got a call yesterday from Heather and my interview is on Dec. 4! Does anyone else have that interview date? I'm from California, so I'm really excited to come to FL! YAY! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me for the interview. This is my first interview EVER and this is the only interview I've gotten so this one is REALLY important to me! What should I wear? How should I act? What hotel should I stay at? Thanks people!

:p:p:p

Congratulations on your interview invitation! As for what to wear, you should wear a black suit to show your professionalism and that you care about the interview seriously. I was the only one there with a white blouse, a black skirt (female only!), and black shoes. When talking to the staff, be friendly and professional, and remember to SMILE! I'm not sure where you should stay because I flew to Fl and stayed at my grandparents' house the night before. But I'm pretty sure they have lots of apartments for you to stay at because Fl is a nice place for vacation. For the group discussion, if you don't know much about the article, try to contribute something at least, ANYTHING BUT NOTHING, because it will look really bad if you just sit there and say nothing. It doesn't really matter what you say because there is nothing right or wrong, they just want to hear your own opinion about the issue. Good luck on your interview and let me know how it goes. BE CONFIDENT! Hope to see you next year at LECOM!

thanks so much babetrang! i was thinking about wearing a black skirt and white blouse too! at first i was thinking about grey, but i don't want to seem unprofessional! i better practice reading some scientific articles and get used to them! i'll let you know how it goes!

also... does anyone remember any interview questions that were unique or different or surprising?

No worries Valencia,

Hello18, hope to see you next year, c/o 2012!

Hello18, hope to see you next year, c/o 2012!

me too... haven't heard from them yet... i was hoping they would call me today since your call was on a Wed... =P... maybe they'll call me tomorrow "crossing fingers"

btw... on your pharmcas.. does it say accepted under "pharmacy designations"

im from the 11/1 interview group... but i havent heard anything yet. am i the only one???

me too... haven't heard from them yet... i was hoping they would call me today since your call was on a Wed... =P... maybe they'll call me tomorrow "crossing fingers"

btw... on your pharmcas.. does it say accepted under "pharmacy designations"

It doesn't say Accepted under "pharmacy designations" on my pharmcas. It just says Denied for the schools that denied me...lol...I think you will hear a call from them soon. You can email them and ask for your status. Jacqueline is very nice. Be patient.

Congratulations on your interview invitation! As for what to wear, you should wear a black suit to show your professionalism and that you care about the interview seriously. I was the only one there with a white blouse, a black skirt (female only!), and black shoes. When talking to the staff, be friendly and professional, and remember to SMILE! I'm not sure where you should stay because I flew to Fl and stayed at my grandparents' house the night before. But I'm pretty sure they have lots of apartments for you to stay at because Fl is a nice place for vacation. For the group discussion, if you don't know much about the article, try to contribute something at least, ANYTHING BUT NOTHING, because it will look really bad if you just sit there and say nothing. It doesn't really matter what you say because there is nothing right or wrong, they just want to hear your own opinion about the issue. Good luck on your interview and let me know how it goes. BE CONFIDENT! Hope to see you next year at LECOM!

What was the article about? Is it something to do with pharmacy?

What was the article about? Is it something to do with pharmacy?

i have the same question! what was the article about? how is the discussion supposed to go? do they just sit back and observe you interacting with other people?:eek:

i have the same question! what was the article about? how is the discussion supposed to go? do they just sit back and observe you interacting with other people?:eek:

The topic of the article was related to Pharmacy. Basically the professor will ask the group some questions and you will discuss and share your opinion about the issue as a group. You don't have to say anything, but is not recommended. You should contribute something to the discussion. As I said in other threads, there is no right or wrong, they just want to see how you interact with other members and know your point of view. Remember, don't just sit there and watch silently, you will not impress the professor. Good luck!