-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
chances of getting in??
Started by meteorstar
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
C
Citrusxoxo
I do believe that I have read post by people w/grades similar to that. Do a little searching on here and you will find post's with other peoples stats who have been accepted.
have you taken the pcat???😕has anyone gotten in w. gpa of 3.2 and science gpa of 2.9?![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
have you taken the pcat???😕
no i haven't. but i'm planning on taking it on august. Is it too late to take it again in october if i don't do good on the august one?
no i haven't. but i'm planning on taking it on august. Is it too late to take it again in october if i don't do good on the august one?
all schools will accept october. your grades are fine, just do well on the pcat, get experience and community service and you'll be fine.
also APPLY EARLY if you plan on choosing school's that have rolling admissions... that's what I did... and my stats are lower than yours and I got in this year...😱
my gpa is 3.0 and a 3.7 science and a 70 pcat and i got 2 interviews out of 10 schools applied to. then i retook the pcat and got a 95 booyah and a couple more lighted up. most schools are on vacation now so i hope more comes in. anyways ur stats arnt as bad as u think for most schools. i did make alot of A's and few B's though in pre req my gpa is low bc i retook orgo 1 and 2 and physics bc i made C and an F in physics bc i missed an exam. chit happens i guess. gluck and try at least.
when you guys calculate your science gpa... does that incule psychology, nutrition, etc courses also? or are you just talking bio and chem?
I am freaking OUT... Do you think I can makeup a low PCAT score (64) with good grades and 5 years CPhT experience???? PLus I hadn't take any ochem or statistics when I took it. I didnt mention that anywhere in the application, should I mention that in the interview?
I am freaking OUT... Do you think I can makeup a low PCAT score (64) with good grades and 5 years CPhT experience???? PLus I hadn't take any ochem or statistics when I took it. I didnt mention that anywhere in the application, should I mention that in the interview?
I wouldn't say you could "makeup" for it. Admissions is based on all types of factors including the strength of your grades, PCAT scores, and extracurriculars. Having not taken Ochem, could be the reason you didn't so well on your PCAT. Why don't you take orgo1 and retake your PCAT? There's no need to rush. In the meantime, you could work on your getting leadership positions in your extracurriculars, and really get to know your professors for LORs.
Good luck!
Why would you take the pcat when you didn't take ochem? Did you not do any research regarding what would be on the pcat?
Though most of us would advise you to take orgo before taking the PCAT, it is not necessary. I actually know of a few friends who studied orgo on their own (in lieu of the Kaplan PCAT book), and did fairly well on the chem section.
Well I was going by what he said verbatim. He didn't mention anything about studying orgo on the side or having any sort of exposure to it which is quite foolish in taking the pcat.
I was about a couple months into ochem I, and studied on the side. I did better than some who have taken all the courses that are covered in PCAT lol
"I am freaking OUT... Do you think I can makeup a low PCAT score (64) with good grades and 5 years CPhT experience???? PLus I hadn't take any ochem or statistics when I took it. I didnt mention that anywhere in the application, should I mention that in the interview? "
"I was about a couple months into ochem I, and studied on the side. I did better than some who have taken all the courses that are covered in PCAT lol "
Does not compute.
"I was about a couple months into ochem I, and studied on the side. I did better than some who have taken all the courses that are covered in PCAT lol "
Does not compute.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
