Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. There is a thread in the surgery forum where they are discussing some new work hour rules for residents. Here is the link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=497748
Basically the rumor is that work hours will be capped at 56 hours per week. It also says about the possibility of restricting work hours even for attending physicians. Is this true or a rumor? Has anyone heard about this? I don't think this is a wise decision because if it were true residency will be longer and I mean, 80 hours a week seems fair enough. I'm just very confused by this, so if anyone has any info please enlighten us.
Thanks!!!
Basically the rumor is that work hours will be capped at 56 hours per week. It also says about the possibility of restricting work hours even for attending physicians. Is this true or a rumor? Has anyone heard about this? I don't think this is a wise decision because if it were true residency will be longer and I mean, 80 hours a week seems fair enough. I'm just very confused by this, so if anyone has any info please enlighten us.
Thanks!!!
