My Stats-Be Optimistic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ServantOfAllah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent the most Merciful
This forum helped me a lot in the process of applying to Medical Schools, through interview feedback and discussions, I thought that its time to give back!
I was very pessimistic while applying to medical schools, however, be optimistic and take on your application with confidence, it will help you!
Although my stats are not "Awesome," thank God I managed to get accepted into 3 M.D. schools, all of which had a higher MCAT acceptance average than mine!
I posted my practice stats and my real score, *** I thought that this was a good way to predict what you could possibly get on your real MCAT through analyzing your practice tests, I calculated this average stat and when I took it the real MCAT, it was pretty close! Here are my stats:

AAMC-Test Physical Verbal Biological
3 ---------10 ------N/A --N/A
4 ---------N/A -----9---- N/A
5 ---------11------ 9 ----7
6 --------10 -------7---- 10
7 ---------7 --------7 ----10
8 ---------7-------- 8----- 8
9 --------11-------- 7 -----9

1. Average: What I did is first I took the average of each section on all my practice tests which was 25.93.
2. In then calculated my Maximum MCAT score if I was to take my highest score in each section 30.
3. I took the highest score I ever got on each section and added i tup while taking practices: 30.
4. Fluctuations could be hard, but I calculated my fluctuations from the 6th AAMC test.
5. Then I took the average of all three, my average, highest combined and the highest I ever got on a practice test. The result was 27.64 which was very close to my real score of 28.

-Average 9.33 7.8 8.8 = 25.93
-Max-Combined 11 9 10 = 30
-Highest score on a practice test = 27
-fluctuations +/-4 +/-1 +/-2 = +/- 2.33
from test6
-Average of Av., Max and High = 27.64
-Expected Rage before taking = 25.31 - 29.97
-Actual score = 28 (27.64+0.34)

GPA = 3.89

Volunteer at a Hospital, Shadowed a Doctor, Medical Research,
5 leadership (president or vise president) positions in school and work
2 more extracurricular activities

I bet you confused now , but if you are not, I hope you find this helpful!!!

Good Luck to you All, and don't forget to ask God for Help!
Peace :)

Members don't see this ad.

Your practice tests and the other stuff you calculated on your MCAT is confusing.

Your practice tests and the other stuff you calculated on your MCAT is confusing.

I think that should be the least of his concerns lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused. Anyone else confused?

what is the point of this thread? what does allah have to do with anything?

I dig your vest.

I am confused. Anyone else confused?

LOL, I am sorry.:D

1. Average: What I did is first I took the average of each section on all my practice tests then I added the averages up, which was 25.93.
2. In here I calculated my Maximum MCAT score if I was to take my highest score in each section and add them up: 30.
3. This was the highest score I ever got while taking practices: 27.
4. Fluctuations could be hard to understand, but I calculated my fluctuations from the 6th AAMC test.
5. Then I took the average of all three, my average, highest combined and the highest I ever got on a practice test 25.93+30+27. The result was 27.64 which was very close to my real score of 28.
*** I thought that this was a good way to predict what you could possibly get on your real MCAT through analyzing your practice tests, I calculated this average stat and when I took the real MCAT, it was pretty close!

I bet you are probably still confused, but if you are not, I hope you find this helpful!!!

Translation:

"I've gotten into three M.D. schools. My MCAT was a bit low, so I'm posting my stats here to give some hope to others with a low MCAT score. Praise Allah."

This forum helped me a lot in the process of applying to Medical Schools, through interview feedback and discussions, I thought that its time to give back!
I was very pessimistic while applying to medical schools, however, be optimistic and take on your application with confidence, it will help you!
Although my stats are not "Awesome," thank God I managed to get accepted into 3 M.D. schools, all of which had a higher MCAT acceptance average than mine!
I posted my practice stats and my real score, which should be a reason for you to have hope and increase your confidence. However, I was making a lot of prayer and I still am, we must be thankful to God all the time, regardless. Here are my stats:

I'm just gonna stop there. Thanks for confidence build up...

I posted my practice stats and my real score, which should be a reason for you to have hope and increase your confidence. However, I was making a lot of prayer and I still am, we must be thankful to God all the time, regardless. Here are my stats:

AAMC-Test Physical Verbal Biological
3 10 N/A N/A
4 N/A 9 N/A
5 11 9 7
6 10 7 10
7 7 7 10
8 7 8 8
9 11 7 9

-Average 9.33 7.8 8.8 = 25.93
-Max-Combined 11 9 10 = 30
-Highest score on a practice test = 27
-fluctuations +/-4 +/-1 +/-2 = +/- 2.33
from test6
-Average of Av., Max and High = 27.64
-Expected Rage before taking = 25.31 - 29.97
-Actual score = 28 (27.64+0.34)

GPA = 3.89

Volunteer at a Hospital, Shadowed a Doctor, Medical Research,
5 leadership (president or vise president) positions in school and work
2 more extracurricular activities

is that your PECOTA projection for 2008?

What was your real MCAT? 27.64? lol.....?

Members don't see this ad :)
Translation:

"I've gotten into three M.D. schools. My MCAT was a bit low, so I'm posting my stats here to give some hope to others with a low MCAT score. Praise Allah."

Thanks for the summary.

OP: What was your VERBAL score on REAL MCAT?

Well congrats on your acceptances, 28 MCAT is decent and 3.89 is certainly good, nice job.

Translation:

LOL, while my message might give a little confidence for active students with low MCAT scores and it does tell you to Praise God, the main message was to give you a statistical method I used and it worked to predict my score, just sharing a thought!

Do you guys have a problem with praising God for his bounties upon us?
My God guide us all to His straight Path.

The Servant of Allah
-Healing a soul of a human is like healing the soul of all humans-
Fear God for He sees you.

...i'm a little scared by this. not going to lie.

All right guys... could we all PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!! This guy is clearly an A-hole trying to portray himself as an extremist of a religion he probably knows very little about.

All right guys... could we all PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!! This guy is clearly an A-hole trying to portray himself as an extremist of a religion he probably knows very little about.

How was I portraying my self as an extremist? May God forgive you, I did nothing but mention God and praise him! Is this called extremism within our medical community? Wow!!! I thought we called our selves well rounded, I guess we need to work on that claim a little bit!
This is too embarrassing, I see that we do not respect each others opinions at all, do we?:oops:
Good night guys!:sleep:
Your Friend,
The servant of Allah

You're kidding right? How is he an A-hole or an extremist? He is happy he got accepted to medical school and happens to be religious as well. Seems normal to me.

You're kidding right? How is he an A-hole or an extremist? He is happy he got accepted to medical school and happens to be religious as well. Seems normal to me.

Your troll sense is not tingling.

I wonder why you assume that he isn't Mulism or knows anything about Islam. Do you think that they way he is talking is inconsistent with Islam?? Just wondering how much you know about it yourself...

troll-web.jpg

I wonder why you assume that he isn't Mulism or knows anything about Islam. Do you think that they way he is talking is inconsistent with Islam?? Just wondering how much you know about it yourself...

Wow, thank you, I am glad that we have people that respect others opinions here!
P.S. I am sorry for all this confusion, but after re-looking at the post, it is a little funny!
:D
Servant of Allah

Wow, thank you, I am glad that we have people that respect others opinions here!
P.S. I am sorry for all this confusion, but after re-looking at the post, it is a little funny!
:D
Servant of Allah

which country are you from?

First of all, Surah Al-Fatiha says: "In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful." NOT "Beneficent." Similarly, there are other technical problems with what this dude said. Considering Al-Fatiha is the most recited surah in Islam, pretty much any religious Muslim would pick up on these things.

Also, this guy claimed that "this forum helped me a lot in the process of applying to Medical Schools, through interview feedback and discussions." Considering this was his first post, I am not sure how exactly he was able to discuss anything, unless he was just reading the stuff without every posting before today, plausible but unlikely.

I don't know, I think the OP is real. Why would someone bother computing practice statistics for their MCAT's? Sounds genuine, not trollish.

Remove all the Servant of Allah, God is Beneficent, Merciful...stuff and you get your ordinary, run-of-the-mill neurotic pre-med.

First of all, Surah Al-Fatiha says: "In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful." NOT "Beneficent." Similarly, there are other technical problems with what this dude said. Considering Al-Fatiha is the most recited surah in Islam, pretty much any religious Muslim would pick up on these things.

Many translations say beneficent. I don't know what translations you're using or whether you're Muslim, but it's best not to assume things, eh?

he may not be a troll...hes just happy with how God helped him get into medical school

LOL, while my message might give a little confidence for active students with low MCAT scores and it does tell you to Praise God, the main message was to give you a statistical method I used and it worked to predict my score, just sharing a thought!

Do you guys have a problem with praising God for his bounties upon us?
My God guide us all to His straight Path.

Just to be clear - that method did NOT predict your score unless it was determined a priori. If it was averaged post exam then this is simply taking a resultant datum and fitting to it; can't do that in stats (or you shouldn't anyways!)

He doesn't sound like a troll, just someone who's thanking God for getting in to medical school. I know I said a rosary when I got in. It's good when people keep being religious even after they get the thing they were praying for.

Also I refuse to believe that any troll would have bothered with those ludicrous equations.

Congrats to the OP by the way.

this thread is like religion spam.... wtf...

LOL, suppose I was part of the medical community and I said, In the name of the Medical Community, Thank the medical community for providing you all with help to become great physicians, would that be a medical community spam if they actually helped students get into medical school and deserve the thanks?
Well, God deserves to be thanked day and night for what he gave us? Or do you expect everyone in the medical community to be an atheist? I expect you to be much more aware of the world that you live in given all of your experiences, common!

I also want some help. OP, can you give me tips as to how I should be praying? Do you feel Allah really helped you in getting in to medical school? Please offer your tips and be specific. My stats are borderline.
UM, of-course I believe Allah helped me get into medical school as I believe that Allah gave me everything I have. Regarding praying: I mean, this is between you and God. Dua' depends on intention, sincerity is required, however, I am in no position to be saying this because I am far from sincere, and I ask God to help us all!

*Regarding Medical School though, if you already took the MCAT and have bad stats, I suggest taking it again until you get at least a 26.
Activities: Be sure to volunteer in a hospital (a specific department could be helpful), shadow a doctor: This will give you a good feel of the medical community. Remember, quality is better than quantity, also you must be consistent in your volunteering over a good period of time, a year for example.
*If you are considering waiting a year, I suggest you complete a masters and/or do some research; there is a lot of good biochemistry research going on!
*Get active with community programs, humanitarian ones. Remember that social justice is part of our religion, therefore, it is a great reward to help out your medical community in reaching people that lack basic health care.
*If you do anything though, try to write a journal after you do something. Write what you learned, any experiences, anything you could have done better? Or then the experience won't help you.

Other than that, you must depend on God in a true sense, and if you do (and of course you have to do your part), God Willing you will succeed in this life at reaching your goal and the hereafter. ;)

We live in a secular society. In general public discourse you would be well served to tone down the zeal out of courtesy for those who do not share your theological orientation.

Do you speak arabic? Do you speak it well enough to write your own english to arabic dictionary? If not, what's your problem?

To everyone else, Servant of Allah is the meaning of a very common muslim name, 'Abdullah'. Muslims are also suppose to start everything by mentioning god's name.

I have seen many christians with god in their usernames, thank Jesus or God for help, and a lot of people have bible passages in their signature, yet they are not accused of being trolls. Yet, people are mocking his use of the word "Allah" (even though it simply means God) and they are assuming there must be something wrong with him for using it overtly. If he praised Jesus and used the word God that would be ok though, cause its the 'American-Christian way' and not the weird foreign way.

Some of you are perpetuating the stereotype that many people in the world have, that the average American is a douchebag who always has to find some group of people to be prejiduce against, whether its segregating black people for 40 years, the japanese during WWII etc. or maybe now its the Muslims, and has no interest in learning about different ways of life or schools of thought.

Congrats on your success and good luck in medical school. BUT I am confused. Now I don't know that much about Islam, but I'm confused with how you say Allah one minute and then switch and say God:confused:

I thought you only called Him Allah? Sorry if that sounds dumb but I've always only heard Muslim people say Allah, never God?

I also want some help. OP, can you give me tips as to how I should be praying? Do you feel Allah really helped you in getting in to medical school? Please offer your tips and be specific. My stats are borderline.

Not to be mean or anything, but are you serious? Tips on how to pray? I have no quarrel with G*d or ppl praying to him, but you can't expect that your stats will improve b/c a gust of good luck will appear from praying a certain way. The OP is not the messiah or any closer to G-d than any of us. He is most probably a very dedicated and hard-working student (as is shown in his religion), that got into medical school because he deserved it.

However, OP, if you would really like to help out... please give us more details to your success other than, "how I guessed my score." What schools did you get accepted to? Is the med school DO or MD? Did you have any significant EC? Do you have URM status? Are you a OOS applicant? Are you attending a top-tier undergraduate? What was your break down on your real MCAT.

These answers will actually help us in the process. If you do not wish to respond, your thread has given us little input on your success. I am happy for your acceptance and your more than welcome to post your excitement. However, don't try to cover up your trolling with subtle promises of helping others with your insight.

this guy claimed that "this forum helped me a lot in the process of applying to Medical Schools, through interview feedback and discussions." Considering this was his first post, I am not sure how exactly he was able to discuss anything, unless he was just reading the stuff without every posting before today, plausible but unlikely.

Do you have another SDN name? Why didn't you try to post up your method in the MCAT forum? Also, your pretty much saying that ppl score around the average on their practice test... and that in your case it is special b/c g-d helped you. I don't like you...

Status
Not open for further replies.