Predict where you matched-if your bored...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATORANALYST

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your bored like me join me in predicting where you matched. If it comes true update your post and let us know the good news.

Good luck-:D
I'll go first.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your bored like me join me in predicting where you matched. If it comes true update your post and let us know the good news.

Good luck-:D
I'll go first.

UF-My #1 choice

I predict I die in my sleep the night before match day.

I predict I die in my sleep the night before match day.

Come on SH Call it! For ish and giggles.

BTW, I've taken up rugby to pass the time - intense sport, I'm gonna be in great shape by intern year.

~USC~ I'm not planning on moving.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on SH Call it! For ish and giggles.

BTW, I've taken up rugby to pass the time - intense sport, I'm gonna be in great shape by intern year.

~USC~ I'm not planning on moving.

If was taking bets, I'd say Loma Linda.
But I'm not taking bets.
And I'm generally afraid of people who play rugby.

I'm calling it to myself.

Aren't you guys afraid of the jynx (sp?)

I'm scared of the jinx. I'm not even calling it in my head.

Fine, I'll bite.

UMDNJ - Atlantic City, my #1 choice. :D

I'm calling it to myself.

Aren't you guys afraid of the jynx (sp?)

What's the jinx?

Does anyone have "match dreams"?

I've had 3 so far... so far I've matched twice in Boston and once in LA in my dreams... They, however, are not in accordance with my "gut" while awake - and we all know the gut is the second brain. ;)

I hope in RL, it won't be nearly as difficult to check my email as it was in my dream this morning...

Even though I don't believe in the jinx - I'm too chicken to call it on the internet...but I called it to my mother... :)

Jinx

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Jinx (disambiguation).
A jinx, in popular superstition and folklore, is:
  • A sort of curse placed on a person that makes them prey to large numbers of minor misfortunes and other forms of bad luck;
  • A person afflicted with a similar curse, who, while not directly subject to a series of misfortunes, seems to attract them to anyone in his general area.
  • An object or animal that brings bad luck.
  • A common slang term used when two people say the same thing at the same time (said as a game amongst the young and young hearted which suggests some kind of spooky supernatural interference).
The superstition is sometimes used when talking about a future event with too much confidence. A statement like "We're sure to win the contest!" can be seen as a jinx by tempting fate. After such a statement, failure would be ironic. For the human mind, the irony makes it all the more likely. This therefore brings bad luck: it is a "jinx".

What's the jinx?

Does anyone have "match dreams"?

I've had 3 so far... so far I've matched twice in Boston and once in LA in my dreams... They, however, are not in accordance with my "gut" while awake - and we all know the gut is the second brain. ;)

I hope in RL, it won't be nearly as difficult to check my email as it was in my dream this morning...

Even though I don't believe in the jinx - I'm too chicken to call it on the internet...but I called it to my mother... :)

Only one, that I matched at my number 4. No it wasnt a nightmare.. i like the program a lot.

Jinx

The superstition is sometimes used when talking about a future event with too much confidence. A statement like "We're sure to win the contest!" can be seen as a jinx by tempting fate. After such a statement, failure would be ironic. For the human mind, the irony makes it all the more likely. This therefore brings bad luck: it is a "jinx".

Three weeks ago - it might have been tempting fate to predict the match outcome... but at this point I really do believe the result is "unjinxable." Particularly after programs are informed of their matches. It would be too reality defying to imagine that my predicting that I matched at my #1 - would cause not only my match result to be changed but the program's list to be changed after they've seen it. Of course my second best prediction is my #3...

At what point do you think the jinx is no longer operative... i.e. would you feel comfortable calling it at 11am ET tomorrow?

At what point do you think the jinx is no longer operative... i.e. would you feel comfortable calling it at 11am ET tomorrow?

I was just thinking about this last night. But, due to my irrational anxiety for Monday's magic 'click', I think I'll call it on the same 'click' tomorrow. That's about 4 msec for fate to act, hopefully that won't be enough time to change my result :):thumbup:

at least the other specialties have threads addressing unfilled programs, we don't even have that...just pure speculation.

i just hope that mt. sinai shows me some love tomorrow!

good luck everyone.

(i'm not predicting, too scared to mess with fate...or too irrational!)

Members don't see this ad :)

Well, in honor of stress-induced schizotypal magical thinking, fate can do anything it wants at any time it wants. It can certainly be retroactive. I think it could even do the job in 4 msec ;)

Is that legal?

It's against the nrmp rules, but then again... it's an anonymous forum. In years past, the entire list usually shows up here within 15 minutes of it being posted. This year, the lists were put up in the specialties' forums, but not in the main match one. I guess a lot of us here matched, and thus the list didn't go up here. I can't wait to see it tomorrow, however. There's just no way there could be another Florida this year, right? :)

I have a list but it at 3.55 PM, not at the begining of the scramble. If at the begining it was 56 position, in my list just 34.

Nika,

I'm confused, what are you saying? I don't mean that in an inflammatory manner, just want to understand.

Thanks in advance!

It's against the nrmp rules, but then again... it's an anonymous forum. In years past, the entire list usually shows up here within 15 minutes of it being posted. This year, the lists were put up in the specialties' forums, but not in the main match one. I guess a lot of us here matched, and thus the list didn't go up here. I can't wait to see it tomorrow, however. There's just no way there could be another Florida this year, right? :)

I have the list right when it came out. Florida filled. But Yale actually had 2 openings in the child/adult psych program and 2 spots in the Stanford gen psych and another 2 in the Stanford Psych/research program. NYU also had 2 spots open.

I just cant wait to see where I'm going...:D

GATORANALYST, what program in California didn't fill except Stanford?
to franklinthedog, I'm sorry , I wonted to say that I have the list not right when it came out (56 positions). I have list at 3.55 PM (5 hours late) (34 positions). 22 already filled.

GATORANALYST, what program in California didn't fill except Stanford?
to franklinthedog, I'm sorry , I wonted to say that I have the list not right when it came out (56 positions). I have list at 3.55 PM (5 hours late) (34 positions). 22 already filled.

Surprisingly just Stanford.