Personal Statement 09 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballrules

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, what we should answer for this. I want to get a head start, so I can work on it for a long time and try to get my old English teachers to proofread it. What is the prompt? Do we get to choose what we write on and how long does it have to be? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering, what we should answer for this. I want to get a head start, so I can work on it for a long time and try to get my old English teachers to proofread it. What is the prompt? Do we get to choose what we write on and how long does it have to be? Thanks!

Come again? Your personal statement is about you. That is all it can be on. You explain why you are interested in dentistry, why you would be good, what skills you have etc. I think you have to keep it under 1000 words or something like that.

It is in fact called a personal statement. You should write about why you personally want to be a dentist and what experiences have lead to/confirmed such desires. Also what you plan to do once you become a dentist to better your community etc. AADSAS allows up to 4500 characters.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is in fact called a personal statement. You should write about why you personally want to be a dentist and what experiences have lead to/confirmed such desires. Also what you plan to do once you become a dentist to better your community etc. AADSAS allows up to 4500 characters.

It includes spaces.

thanks guys.

i was wondering if you guys still have the prompt? can you copy and paste it here? i'm pretty sure last cycles will be the same this year, yea? thanks!

In addition to getting it proofread by old professors and whatnot, I really recommend using a professional essay editing service. They do cost about $150 for a full edit, but mine was substantially better when they were through with it.

thanks guys.

i was wondering if you guys still have the prompt? can you copy and paste it here? i'm pretty sure last cycles will be the same this year, yea? thanks!

jeez......you really want to see the prompt............

i just checked my AADSAS application and here is a copy of the prompt.

Personal Statement [SIZE=-1]Your Personal Statement should address why you desire to pursue a dental education and how a dental degree contributes to your personal and professional goals. You are encouraged to compose your statement in a text-only word processor (e.g., Notepad), review your statement for errors, then cut and paste the final version into the text box above. Click the Save button and return to the Personal Statement to review the formatting of your text. You are limited to approximately 1 page (4500 characters, including spaces). Some formatting characters used in programs like Word (angled quotes, accents, special characters) will not display properly. Carefully review your final text and to make the necessary corrections to the format.[/SIZE]

they said to use notepad, but i used word.......

see? the prompt is pretty much what the other posters said.........

In addition to getting it proofread by old professors and whatnot, I really recommend using a professional essay editing service. They do cost about $150 for a full edit, but mine was substantially better when they were through with it.

With your DAT scores you probably didn't even need a ps.