****2009 Tmdsas***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all. Does anyone know how hard it is to gain in-state residency in Texas? Does one have to live in Tx for 12 months prior to submitting your application? I'm an out of stater, but I am really interested in applying the Tx schools this upcoming cycle in June.

Yes, you have to live in TX for 12 months... and you have to have had a job of some sort to prove you weren't moving for application purposes... although this is not always enforced.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone heard of anything lately?

I heard Baylor is making their alternate list this week.
The lady I talked to at Baylor said 2 years ago 8 people were accepted off alternate list but last year only 2 people were accepted from alternate list.

hope this year is like 2 years ago!

for those of you who will be reapplying this year, have you guys started anything for new application?

I know two people who were admitted to Baylor last week. There could be more, I just happen to know of two personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
Clubby gave up a spot at San Antonio recently....

Last edited:
Did he get into Houston?
if then, congrats to Clubby and whoever that will be receiving his spot!

so when does San Antonio start filling waitlist spots? :xf: do you think they will meet again to discuss potential waitlist candidates after may graduation and transcript updates, or do they just fill spots as they open based on rank?

So from these posts, it looks like 4 people got accepted into Baylor last week. And 2 gave up spots to SA.....

Baylor has been my 1st choice to be close to family so I hope they call!!

Last edited:
so when does San Antonio start filling waitlist spots? :xf: do you think they will meet again to discuss potential waitlist candidates after may graduation and transcript updates, or do they just fill spots as they open based on rank?

Hmmm. Unlikely.

Ok, guys today is May first and officialy TMDSAS 2010 is started.
first of all Congratulations for all you that accepted.
second, lets close this longest 2009 predental thread and start new one for next cycle.
Good luck :thumbup:

I just saw that we can't apply until May 18th... Was that how it was last year too? I thought May 1st was the first day...

yea i think they changed it this year to 18th.
which is good for me bc i havent done anything for new application! hahaha

somebody knows why the date is changed to May 18th? :confused:

Anyone from the waitlist got into UTDB???? Presj??? Or anybody else:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
sadly, no. word is, there are 60 people on the waitlist at UTDB and SA. looks like its a retake of the dat for me

Anybody else having problems accessing the application?

Nevermind, it will open up at 8am central time.

I got my rejection letter from San Antonio yesterday!

Does anyone know if UT San Antonio dental school accept AP credit for the prereqs, like english? What if I have taken a lot of "writing component" courses? Would they eliminate me completely if I AP-ed out of english? Thanks

I have a quick question. What are my cahnces I still haven't taken the DAT, its scheduled for October 11. I have already applied August 26th, 3.5 overall gpa science gpa 3.4 strong letters of recommendation and 500+ volunteer hours. I am only applying to texas schools since i cannot relocate. My Topscore scores have been ranging from 17-19. Any input would be appreaciated, Thanks

Sorry for all the typos in the above post. I am in the middle of a DNA extraction:)