Deadlines for DAT- Consideration Before DAT Scores Received.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The list, which was compiled from the 2008 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, indicates whether or not schools will look at an applicant without the DAT scores. One could interpret that those schools which will consider applicants sine DAT scores place more emphasis on gpa. On the other hand, those that do not may be more interested in the total package. The deadline are for the 2008 cycle but it should give the applicant a general idea in terms of timing of the last ditch effort date for retaking the DAT (for the 2009 cycle).

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DAT Multiple Scores Consideration.xls
    20 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
I don't know about this table; I got secondary requests from schools who selectively send out secondaries (UCLA being one) before my DAT was sent. However according to the table, they wouldn't have.

Members don't see this ad :)
appears to be 08 data, most of those deadlines are past.

I don't know about this table; I got secondary requests from schools who selectively send out secondaries (UCLA being one) before my DAT was sent. However according to the table, they wouldn't have.

One look at your gpa is all it took. Since your DAT was in mid August and the interview was in late Nov, UCLA may have jumped the gun for the secondary but had plenty of time to review your DAT scores. Adcoms, as supreme rulers, when it comes to decisions, make the rules and if the rules don't suit them, they can make new ones or simply ignore them. They are not about to lose a good candidate over trivialities.

I thought UCLA sends out secondary as soon as they receive AADSAS app, without any kind of reveiw.

Wow!

Schools would actually look at your application without your DAT score!? :eek:

Some schools apparently believe that a ~4 year track record at a reputable university may be more meaningful than a 5 hour exam after 2-3 months of cramming.

appears to be 08 data, most of those deadlines are past.

Errrr, Yes. The deadlines for 2009 will not be available through the ADEA Guide until ~Feb. The exact dates will probably change but the general time frame will probably remain the same.

What does the column latest date for consideration mean? Does it mean that if the school receives your application passed that date, chances are you won't be looked at?

What does the column latest date for consideration mean? Does it mean that if the school receives your application passed that date, chances are you won't be looked at?

"Latest DAT for consideration of application."

Dont some schools like Nevada consider your dat score to be your best scores for each section? (is that what "improv" is supposed to mean?)

The first time I took the dat I only got a 17 because I got a 15 in Ochem. The second time I took it I got another 17 cuz I got a 13 in QR (lol, I can't do math fast) Anyway, if I take the 18 I got on Ochem the second test and the 16 I got in QR on the first I have a solid 18, possibly a 19 overall, but I don't know what schools even consider this really. any clarification is appreciated.

Under VA, it says IMPROV... what does that mean?

Do you have to send schools all of your DAT scores? I submitted my application in July with American scores. I'll receive Canadian scores around mid-Dec, am I also suppose to send them those scores? Or since they past the deadlines for most schools, will schools not consider them?

Doc toothache thanks for the link.
But what about schools that also accept Canadian scores, am I obligated to forward them my Canadian scores too?

If they are significantly higher, perhaps. As for the "obligated" you may want to contact the schools where you applied.

Last edited: