NC: Over 98% of the technicians who have taken this review have passed the PTCB.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Odublar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to this? Or have been to it? It costs $70.

North Carolina Association of Pharmacists: Technician Review Seminar

Quoted From the Sheet
This one-day review has something for all technicians:

-Prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam.
-If you are already certified, earn 7 hours of CE Credit.
-The Board of Pharmacy requires that all new technicians complete a formal training program. This course fully meets the BOP training requirements.

Over 98% of the technicians who have taken this review have passed the PTCB

The review will be held from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with a one-hour break for lunch.

5 locations through two months

Fayetteville, june 7, Greensboro, june 8, Asheville, June 21, Charlotte, June 22, Jacksonville, July 19

For more info call 919-967-2237 or visit www.ncpharmacists.org
Seminar includes : preparation for exam day - one hour of pharmacy law - basic math - dispensing calculations - hospital calculations - commercial calculations - hospital practice review - a review of the top 200 most widely used drugs including side effects, interactions and counseling tips.

I'm going to the one in July. Wanted to pass along the info in case others were interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm sounds interesting. I'll be starting a technician job soon and I want to become certified. Thanks for the info.

Hmm sounds interesting. I'll be starting a technician job soon and I want to become certified. Thanks for the info.

Sounds good. Your welcome, and good luck on the job and certification!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump, so that anyone who hasn't read it yet can. I'll put it in my signature as well.

Steven

I did not feel that the PTCB exam was difficult. I used Delmar's review guide (which as I understand it, isn't the best), and I passed after studying the guide for about 2 weeks. Most students should be able to pass the exam so as long as they look through a review book 1-2 weeks before the exam.

--Garfield3d

Anyone going to this? Or have been to it? It costs $70.

North Carolina Association of Pharmacists: Technician Review Seminar

Quoted From the SheetSeminar includes : preparation for exam day - one hour of pharmacy law - basic math - dispensing calculations - hospital calculations - commercial calculations - hospital practice review - a review of the top 200 most widely used drugs including side effects, interactions and counseling tips.

I'm going to the one in July. Wanted to pass along the info in case others were interested.

if you are on this forum and you been taking the pharmacy school prereqs, i think you'll be fine just reviewing a book. i read one of the books a week before exam and i passed alright.

I agree that it is easy to review the book and pass. It will save a lot of TIME and money.

I work in a hospital pharmacy, have a B.S chemistry/biochem, and 4 years research experience. I looked at law, drug classes, and which type of guide that you would use in a pharmacy sections of some guide the morning of the exam and did extremely well.

I would however recommend studying for at least a week if you have no prior experience with calculations or drug shorthands. The only way that I would take the class is if I was not disciplined enough to study on my own.

Good luck!

Know basic 1st week of general chemistry conversions, memorize a few pharmacy related conversion factors (drops in a mL, mLs in a tsp, mLs in an ounce, etc) and learn how to read pharmacy sigs (t1t po tid prn), know some basic functions and laws associated with being a tech, and just make educated elimination guesses on the rest (drug names, brand-generic, etc) and you will do more than well enough.

I don't see how any average pre-pharmacy student could fail.

PS: Just in case I wasn't clear... don't worry to much about drug names, generics... you can get by without it and will learn quickly with actual work experience.

it depends what kind of learner you are...some people like books some people like lecture...to each their own
p.s. the test is pretty easy