Official 2008-2009 WAITLIST Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p30doc

Ever true and unwavering
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see one so here we go...Let's hurry up and wait. :lame:

Members don't see this ad.

EVMS:(I called early, snail mail to follow) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3)

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the school's name to the title of the post.
4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add the method of waitlist notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the waitlist add your user name, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, most importantly, the date of waitlist, and waitlist spot if you know it.
7) Click submit
8) Go back and edit your post appropriately because you probably still messed up even though I laid it out step by step for you.
9) Feel stupid if you had to comply to step 8.

Last edited:
EVMS: redrumi (W:10/13, middle 1/3)
SUNY Buffalo: funkydrmonkey (W:10/14)

Members don't see this ad :)
EVMS:(I called early, snail mail) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3)
SUNY Buffalo: funkydrmonkey (W:10/14)

4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add the method of waitlist notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the waitlist add your user name, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, most importantly, the date of waitlist, and waitlist spot if you know it.
7) Click submit
8) Go back and edit your post appropriately because you probably still messed up even though I laid it out step by step for you.

Nm, didn't see it had been edited.

SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS)

7) Click submit

This isn't a you reallly want to contribute to...but:

img_10.jpg

So you're telling me there's a chance.

1) Click quote on the most recent list.

3) Add the school's name to the titleof the post.
5) Add the method of notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the waitlist add your user name, interview date, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, and, most importantly, the date of waitlistedness.
7) If you get called up from the waitlist and get accepted please notify that and add the date
8) Click submit

Wake Forest (email): kevinmw5 (I: 9/9, OOS, WL: 9/29)

3) Add the school's name to the titleof the post.
5) Add the method of notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the waitlist add your user name, interview date, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, and, most importantly, the date of waitlistedness.
7) If you get called up from the waitlist and get accepted please notify that and add the date
8) Click submit

SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS)
Wake Forest: (email) kevinmw5 (I: 9/9, OOS, WL: 9/29)

7) Click submit

oops... my thread was cooler though :cool:...lol

SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS); ChubbyChaser (W: 10/14, OOS)

7) Click submit

Members don't see this ad :)
SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS); ChubbyChaser (W: 10/14, OOS) supergirl87 (W: 10/14, IS)

7) Click submit

SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS); ChubbyChaser (W: 10/14, OOS) supergirl87 (W: 10/14, IS), DarkKnight11087 (W:10/14,IS)

7) Click submit

SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS); ChubbyChaser (W: 10/14, OOS) supergirl87 (W: 10/14, IS), DarkKnight11087 (W:10/14,IS), Jzyu (W:10/14, OOS)

7) Click submit
9) Feel stupid if you had to comply to step 8

Case Western:(Email to check Iapply status) droshan (I:9/8, W:10/15 OOS)
SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS); ChubbyChaser (W: 10/14, OOS) supergirl87 (W: 10/14, IS), DarkKnight11087 (W:10/14,IS), Jzyu (W:10/14, OOS)

7) Click submit

University of Vermont: (status page) lamaco (I:9/11, W:10/16, OOS)

7) Click submit

icon1.gif
Vermont
University of Vermont: (status page) lamaco (I:9/11, W:10/16, OOS), KEEK (I:9/16, W: 10/16, OOS)

Case Western:(Email to check Iapply, status) droshan (I:9/8, W:10/15 OOS)
University of Vermont: (status page) lamaco (I:9/11, W:10/16, OOS), KEEK (I:9/16, W: 10/16, OOS), vtMD (I:9/9, W:10/16, IS)
Wake Forest: (email) kevinmw5 (I: 9/9, OOS, WL: 9/29)[/quote]

7) Click submit

SUNY Upstate:(Email) MP50801 (I:9/29,OOS, W:10/15)
University of Vermont: (status page) lamaco (I:9/11, W:10/16, OOS), KEEK (I:9/16, W: 10/16, OOS), vtMD (I:9/9, W:10/16, IS)

7) Click submit

Creighton University:(Called them, snail mail) majahops (I: 9/19, W: 10/16, OOS)

7) Click submit

Creighton University:(Called them, snail mail) majahops (I: 9/19, W: 10/16, OOS)

7) Click submit
Ohh I'm sorry maja!

I'm shocked that you were waitlisted maja. That bodes ill for me and I should be hearing from them soon.

Whats better, early interview --> post Oct 15th waitlist? or late interview (late November, early December)

Tulane: (snail mail) gradu8in2003 (I:9/22, W:10/16, OOS)

7) Click submit
9) Feel stupid if you had to comply to step 8.[/QUOTE]

why do schools already have waitlists when classes haven't been filled? i didn't realize they started so soon.

Creighton University:(Called them, snail mail) majahops (I: 9/19, W: 10/16, OOS), droshan (I:10/3, W:10/17)

7) Click submit

Creighton University:(Called them, snail mail) majahops (I: 9/19, W: 10/16, OOS), droshan (I:10/3, W:10/17)
University of Michigan: (email to check status page) Dulcina (I: 9/12, W:10/16, OOS)

7) Click submit

EVMS:(I called early, snail mail) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3), vtMD (I:10/3, W:10/16, OOS)
University of Michigan: (email to check status page) Dulcina (I: 9/12, W:10/16, OOS)

7) Click submit

I was under the impression that Case was only giving out post-interview holds and wouldn't have an alternate list until spring.

Creighton University:(Called them, snail mail) majahops (I: 9/19, W: 10/16, OOS), droshan (I:10/3, W:10/17), JDoc13 (I: 9/19, W: 10/17, OOS)
EVMS:(I called early, snail mail) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3), vtMD (I:10/3, W:10/16, OOS)

7) Click submit

Creighton University:(Called them, snail mail) majahops (I: 9/19, W: 10/16, OOS), droshan (I:10/3, W:10/17), JDoc13 (I: 9/19, W: 10/17, OOS)
EVMS:(I called early, snail mail) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3), vtMD (I:10/3, W:10/16, OOS), BearsDoc(W:10/16, OOS, middle 1/3)

7) Click submit

I was under the impression that Case was only giving out post-interview holds and wouldn't have an alternate list until spring.

Its pretty much the same thing, very few people will get in off the "hold" list and just be placed into the waiting list in May. They will reevaluate the hold people in late winter early spring and hopefully then you might get in.

Its pretty much the same thing, very few people will get in off the "hold" list and just be placed into the waiting list in May. They will reevaluate the hold people in late winter early spring and hopefully then you might get in.

I guess the impression I was given is that:
1) The vast majority of the "holds" will actually get rejected in March/April
2) a miniscule few (if any) will be offered acceptances
3) a small group will be chosen as alternates

So based purely on numbers: acceptance > waitlist > hold > rejection.

EVMS:(I called early, snail mail) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3), vtMD (I:10/3, W:10/16, OOS), BearsDoc(W:10/16, OOS, middle 1/3)
Temple:(e-mail) kb611 (I: 9/24, W: 9/30, OOS)

7) Click submit

EVMS:(I called early, snail mail) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3), vtMD (I:10/3, W:10/16, OOS), BearsDoc(W:10/16, OOS, middle 1/3); jknolls (I:9/12, W:10/18, top 1/3)

7) Click submit

EVMS:(I called early, snail mail) redrumi (W:10/13, OOS, middle 1/3), vtMD (I:10/3, W:10/16, OOS), BearsDoc(W:10/16, OOS, middle 1/3); jknolls (I:9/12, W:10/18, top 1/3)
Tulane: (snail mail) gradu8in2003 (I:9/22, W:10/16, OOS), (status check phone call) BeardedRunner (I:9/26, W:10/15, OOS)

7) Click submit

SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS), ChubbyChaser (W: 10/14, OOS) supergirl87 (W: 10/14, IS), DarkKnight11087 (W:10/14,IS), Jzyu (W:10/14, OOS), goone2524 ( W: 10/14, OOS)
Tulane: (snail mail) gradu8in2003 (I:9/22, W:10/16, OOS), (status check phone call) BeardedRunner (I:9/26, W:10/15, OOS)

7) Click submit

letter referred to my status as a "continued candidate"

SUNY Buffalo:(Email) funkydrmonkey (W:10/14, OOS), ChubbyChaser (W: 10/14, OOS) supergirl87 (W: 10/14, IS), DarkKnight11087 (W:10/14,IS), Jzyu (W:10/14, OOS), goone2524 ( W: 10/14, OOS)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): (snail mail) azuldelcielo (I:09/16, W:10/22)

7) Click submit

Case Western:(Email to check Iapply, status) droshan (I:9/8, W:10/15 OOS), lainapox (I:10/16, W: 10/22)

7) Click submit

Last edited:
letter referred to my status as a "continued candidate"

did your letter really say that? mine doesn't include that specific phrase, though it does mention my "continued interest"... just curious.

Pitt :(

Case Western:(Email to check Iapply, status) droshan (I:9/8, W:10/15 OOS), lainapox (I:10/16, W: 10/22)
University of Pittsburgh: (status page) Carlin(I: 9/17, W:10/23, OOS)

7) Click submit

University of Pittsburgh: (status page) Carlin(I: 9/17, W:10/23, OOS)
Wake Forest: (email) kevinmw5 (I: 9/9, OOS, WL: 9/29), JWLuiza (I: 9/10, OOS, WL:9/29)

7) Click submit

University of Pittsburgh: (status page) Carlin(I: 9/17, W:10/23, OOS), Greonis (I: 9/16, W: 10/23, OOS)
Wake Forest: (email) kevinmw5 (I: 9/9, OOS, WL: 9/29), JWLuiza (I: 9/10, OOS, WL:9/29)

7) Click submit

University of Pittsburgh: (status page) Carlin(I: 9/17, W:10/23, OOS), Greonis (I: 9/16, W: 10/23, OOS)
University of Rochester: (email) ana0608(I: 9/4, W: 10/24, IS)

7) Click submit
9) Feel stupid if you had to comply to step 8