***Official Iowa University Class of 2013 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrEcon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah admitted baby

Members don't see this ad.

congrats! still in progress for me...

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! first choice for ya? mine says still in progress :(

still in progress for me too.

Hmmm. Interesting. Another person with an extremely low post count claiming to be into a school while everyone else is still waiting. This couldn't be another troll could it? Just like the Buffalo guy last night that claiming to get is acceptance at midnight via AADSAS. Not calling him a liar. Just saying to all not to be too disappointed if they are still "in progress."

It appears that others have the same update on ISIS. Congrats!!!

Last edited:
updated for me as well! I got in too! Congrats to the OP

still in progress...

in progress still.

Yep in progress and apparently they are done. at least its not a rejection right :)

Same here (In Progress)! Oh well... I guess I'll just have to make sure my parents let me know if anything comes by snail mail from Iowa.

In Progress is not a rejection for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
In Progress has been changed to Not Accepted! AADSAS now says Received/Application Denied!

Oh well, got into the U of M! :)

mine's still in progress. and still invited for interveiw on aadsas.

accepted Iowa..hey I was looking for a thread since Dec. 1st for people who got into Iowa and now I finally found it!! Someone should make a facebook group for our dental class!!!!

still in progress

soo so far there is only three of us? Why haven't they accepted more or are the people who got accepted just not responding?? I want to know who is in our class! haha

Nice advice Oclor ;) I thought they would be fast.

Yeah they said they wouldnt change anything else until late January...

You see they're changing :)

yeessss finally more classmates!! now someone make a group on facebook and post link on here for us :)

I would create the group but I'm not 100% sure i'm going to Iowa yet- I'll join it if someone else does though!

You guys know it's University of Iowa and not Iowa University right? :laugh:

haha yeah I noticed that too!! hey oclar have you heard anything yet??? you live in iowa right? is there a certain part of town where a lot of students live?

haha yeah I noticed that too!! hey oclar have you heard anything yet??? you live in iowa right? is there a certain part of town where a lot of students live?

i go to iowa undergrad- undergrads usually live on the east side of the river (where most of the undergrad classes), dental students tend to live all over. Some good places to live in nearby Coralville (where the mall is), I know someone who actually lives in nearby North Liberty and commutes in as well. Lots of options and since it's Iowa City, it doesn't take long to get anywhere!

No i haven't heard and I don't really care anymore. I'm good with BU :D.

Yeah I'm here for undergrad. Iowa City is a small place so wherever you live you won't be too far. The school is on the west side of the city, near Coralville.

The Application fee changed back...

Application Fee: Not Paid
Admission Decision: In Progress

And now it changed again...

Application Fee: Paid
Admission Decision: In Progress

hmm that's interesting andrew... must be a hiccup in their system- good luck!

still in progress

Accepted on Dec. 1st via ISIS... I'm soo excited! I finally decided to join to try to find others that also are going. I don't know anyone that's gotten accepted yet... Now i'm searching for housing ugh..

predent- if you have any questions about the area/housing let me know and I'll try to help, I go to Iowa undergrad

looking forward to meeting everybody!

Anyone accepted out of state not attending?

I'm SOO excited to meet all of you!! Did anyone else feel like the school was amazing or am I just over excited?? I've been looking online at housing also! Does anyone know when our orientation is??
Hey BTK on that other thread I posted about question I had I was wondering if you knew if the students felt like they got a fair amount of chair time. During the tour it seemed like they did but after I was reading what people were writing about other schools having problems with students getting enough chair time I was just curious what a D-student at Iowa thought. See you all in August!!

Someone should start a face book group... tons of other schools have them... but i had to deactivate from facebook for a little bit cause of recruitment, so I can't...

I know I really want someone to start one too...but I'm too chicken to start it but I will join :):)haha

Sorry I must have missed you on the other thread...
At Iowa, from what I've heard you won't have to worry about chair time, as everyone has their own chair. You also start clinics much earlier than some other schools, so we will have a great clinical education by the time we graduate

I agree on the facebook group- I'll make it as long as you guys join ASAP so I'm not alone in it too long ;)
Iowa Dental Class of 2013 (Facebook group)

Last edited:
During the tour it seemed like they did but after I was reading what people were writing about other schools having problems with students getting enough chair time I was just curious what a D-student at Iowa thought. See you all in August!!

I dont think at Iowa you get enough experience or chair time. Something you might want to think about. This is why I choose Minn but go by what you saw and people you speak to who are currently in the program. I didnt think it was that great. I mean if you look at the numbers most out of state people accepted do not attend so there is something to it. Congratulations though!

Anyone have the progress change on ISIS? my stuff went from not-paid to Paid again so maybe they accepted some people??

Same in-progress

I got an e-mail saying that I'm on an alternate list right now.

Sorry this is sort of off topic but I was wondering if any of you are familiar with the University of Iowa's deferred admit program for residents of Iowa?

ads- I have a friend who tried to do it but couldn't keep his science GPA high enough (he still got in as a junior however)- I believe you have to keep a 3.5 science GPA and get a 19 on the DAT. I'm not sure how competitive it is to get into the program though, I never applied