*** Official The Ohio State University Class of 2013 Acceptance Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesOSU

Ohio State 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the email about 6 minutes ago right around 4:00pm, so excited!

Who are my new classmates?! :cool: :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

HELLs yes i just got accepted.. 1 hour after the interview today.

I wondered if they were going to send out acceptances to people interviewed today or those on Nov 8th - wow they make up their mind quick, talk about instant gratification! That must be so cool, congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be starting there with you guys next September

Are you an Ohio Resident or non-Ohio Resident?

If you are from out-of-state, then it's pretty easy to get admitted from the waitlist because a lot of out-of-staters will also get into other schools (like their state schools if they have them) and it's more likely that they'll go to those.

If you're from Ohio, then it might be a little harder since OSU is the top choice for most Ohio residents...

However, you can call the admissions office at any time and ask them your ranking on the waitlist, which can change based on next quarter's GPA or higher DAT scores.

Good luck with this cycle!!!

I'm an ohio resident, I actually go to ohio state for undergrad. I'm really bummed, i mean i guess i should be thankful that I got in other places but I really wanted to go to ohio state. I dont know what I did wrong, i must have really screwed up the interview or something. Congrats to all of you have been accepted though

Is that you Ryan?? Dude I was sooo rooting for you. I told my wife I hope he gets in. Seriously, u got into case but not OSU!!??? What is that??? Are u on the waitlist?(this is jonathan by the way)

i got in!!!!! c u guys sooooooonnnnn btw i heard you can test out of biochem....fyi if you want to ease up the work load....anyone have any tips on what to study just to get a head start???

Is that you Ryan?? Dude I was sooo rooting for you. I told my wife I hope he gets in. Seriously, u got into case but not OSU!!??? What is that??? Are u on the waitlist?(this is jonathan by the way)

Fortunately I am not the person you are looking for so he may have gotten in I don't know

i got in!!!!! c u guys sooooooonnnnn btw i heard you can test out of biochem....fyi if you want to ease up the work load....anyone have any tips on what to study just to get a head start???

can you tell me how you get to test out of biochem? and is it just the first quarter or the entire series of all 3 classes?

I know this is possible too, my buddy was thinking about doing it last year. He ended up taking biochem because it's only one more class (haha) and it helps review for the boards part 1, rather than cramming and forgetting it.

But does anyone know any more about this, because I might be willing to try to test out of biochem

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be joining everyone in September as well!

It seems so far away.

it only allows you to get out of the first quarter, i would just take the class, otherwise you will get burned the next quarter when you don't know how to take Nuenke's tests, it will be a good review for the boards also,

I will be joining you guys come September!! Woo hoo. Can not wait!!!!

i m in as well.. but m not sure if i am goin to osu or not! so people on waitlist for out so state spots.. there is definately a very high chance there will be atleast 1 spot opening! its a great schooll... i just wish it wasnt that far for me!! and they pamper u like no other....

but conclusion: YAY... I AM IN AS WELL!! :D

-masksof2004

i m in as well.. but m not sure if i am goin to osu or not! so people on waitlist for out so state spots.. there is definately a very high chance there will be atleast 1 spot opening! its a great schooll... i just wish it wasnt that far for me!! and they pamper u like no other....

but conclusion: YAY... I AM IN AS WELL!! :D

-masksof2004

I'd trade you if I got into USC, but I didn't even apply, haha, it's too far away :laugh:

congrats to those who got it in, you guys are going to love it.

I was waitlisted last year on the in state list. They took 8 people off of it. I ended at the top spot of the list the week class was starting. I did get in this year though!!! So even if you end up waitlisted you should still consider reapplying next year!

I just mailed in my acceptance form and checks today! Go Buckeyes!!!!:laugh:

I just mailed in my acceptance form and checks today! Go Buckeyes!!!!:laugh:

I mailed mine in right away and didn't really think about it (completely forgot actually), then 5 days later the money was out of my account, haha and I the whole time I was thinking I had that money (I hate checks! It should all be electronic!).

Needless to say I limped to Xmas with $4.05

PHEWWWWWWW

Congrats to all who've made it. Does any one have any advice on apartments, when to look, where to look, etc?

Probably want to start looking now, off-campus housing starts to go quick in the winter for the next school year. If you want to live further away from campus and drive everyday, you've got plenty of time yet. Olentangy Village and Olentangy Commons are decent student-housing style apartments far enough away from campus that you'll need a car. There are some nice places between 3rd-9th and Neil Ave.

I've decided to join one of the dental frats, Psi Omega. Not for the spacious living quarters, haha, but the huge advantage of living with other students and upperclassmen, and having a community around you on your first day. I've heard from a friend who lived by herself D1 that it's really difficult, now she lives with 6 roommates.

All acceptances/waitlists have been notified

I'll be joining you guys next year! Do we have a facebook group where we can talk about places to live and other things about our class?

I just created a facebook group in response to your thread since I did not find one for us. "Ohio State University Dental School Class of 2013"

I needed something to do instead of studying physio. :laugh:

I just joined our fb group! Good thinking!! Now where is the rest of our classmates??

Was there not enough space for the "The?"

I just added 'The' to the title. Good call. :thumbup:

Probably want to start looking now, off-campus housing starts to go quick in the winter for the next school year. If you want to live further away from campus and drive everyday, you've got plenty of time yet. Olentangy Village and Olentangy Commons are decent student-housing style apartments far enough away from campus that you'll need a car. There are some nice places between 3rd-9th and Neil Ave.

I've decided to join one of the dental frats, Psi Omega. Not for the spacious living quarters, haha, but the huge advantage of living with other students and upperclassmen, and having a community around you on your first day. I've heard from a friend who lived by herself D1 that it's really difficult, now she lives with 6 roommates.

hey im also interested in joinin a frat but dont know how to get started....is there someone i need to contact?

hey im also interested in joinin a frat but dont know how to get started....is there someone i need to contact?

Yeah I really don't know... my buddy is already in so that's how I got involved. Maybe the schools knows who the contacts are in each frat?

got an offer yesterday morning.
i guess im the last one to be offered a seat, unless i decline.

congrats you two!

btw I'm thinking our class should be the most social-networkingly-connected... In other words - we should all use twitter.

If we all used twitter I could quickly tweet "Going to library to study anat, join me" or "Going to Stube to study beer consumption in professional students, join me"

You get the idea

found out back in december

I new to the board but would like to get to know you guys. See you guys in september

woooo... got in off the waitlist a couple wks ago around may 1!! i thought i had no chance but i'll see you guys in the fall!!