AADSAS for cycle 2010 opens June 1st.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taken from AADSAS website:
Important Notice to AADSAS Applicants:
Please note that the 2010 AADSAS application cycle will begin June 1, 2009. Individuals who previously applied to dental school through the 2009 AADSAS application cycle and wish to re-apply for the 2010 AADSAS application cycle must complete an entirely new application. Application data from previous AADSAS Applications are not carried over to the current application cycle. You must submit a new web-based application including all new required documents.

I thought it is useful to know for all those who were planning to click submit on May 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I've always been a little unsure of this...I was under the impression that the application became available online May 15, and it could be submitted starting June 1. Is that true? Are you saying its different for this cycle?

It says "AADSAS application cycle will begin June 1, 2009"... so I assumed that the application will open on June 1st. 2009. I might be wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)
Check for that on May,15 at 8 or 9 am. It was open a year ago so that I started filling it out on that day and also printing those LOR and transcript matching forms.
Dental schools will open a new appl-n cycle on June,1st (according to the last year thou)
Good luck.

Yeah, I was thrown off by that too. I was thought it was May.

Every year the application cycle begins June 1st, but the application is available on May 15th. You can submit your app before June 1st, but AADSAS will not send it to schools until after June 1st.

Agreed with the above poster. That's probably the way it'll be. So just check it out on May,15 and be ready to fill the appl-n.
GL.

I was confused by this whole thing as well. So, I sent an email to their customer service. The following is the reply I got:

The 2010 AADSAS application opens on June 1, 2009. You will not have
access to the application until it opens. June 1st, is the first day
you can begin filling out the application.

Have a good day,

AADSAS Customer Service

So, based on this, I'm guessing they changed it a bit this year, and applicants can no longer begin their applications on May 15th.
Also, when I check their website this morning, it did not allow you to start creating a new application. So, as far as I'm concerned, we have to wait till June 1st this year.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
nze82, you're right. I remember last year I was done with my application before May,20th and I could access it for printing out all the transcript/LOR matching forms.
AADSAS, if I remember, will send your appl-n only after you submit all transcripts (not LORs) to them and after AADSAS verify your credit hours from transcripts, which also takes time for them to do that.
GL :)

I have a little question here that I am sure someone has encountered before

AADSAS only gives you 3 letters of rec matching forms..but I have 5 letters of rec..3 sci 1 non sci and 1 dentist

Now Id prefer not to give up a letter, what should I do?

My school does not do a pre health committee letter either

Biomajorpredent, I would suggest calling the schools that you're applying to and ask them if they want the additional letters to be mailed to them directly. Last year, I called UCSF, and they said they didn't want any additional letters sent directly to the school. But every school is different. So, give them a call and find out.