-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mount Sinai Class of 2013
Started by ButImLETired
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hey all,
if you're going to be starting in august, please join the 2013 sinai facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=117015525602.
I've been waiting to start to meet other sinai people since I got accepted in november.
also i know that its far away, but orientation starts on August 19th.
if you're going to be starting in august, please join the 2013 sinai facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=117015525602.
I've been waiting to start to meet other sinai people since I got accepted in november.
also i know that its far away, but orientation starts on August 19th.
Hello, Egreen.hey all,
if you're going to be starting in august, please join the 2013 sinai facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=117015525602.
I've been waiting to start to meet other sinai people since I got accepted in november.
also i know that its far away, but orientation starts on August 19th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey, whats up! finally some one else posts. I'm Eric, i'm from michigan. where are you from. set on sinai?
I'm from New York. At this point in time I am really confused. I fell in love with Sinai, the location, and its people, but I think I am going to have to wait until I see my fin aid.
😳 I still am in shock. I didn't feel like I blew the interview away and left there a bit
and sick to the stomach.
😳 I still am in shock. I didn't feel like I blew the interview away and left there a bit
and sick to the stomach.No one started this yet so I figured I would!! Congrats to all the accepted students who are considering being a part of the Sinai class of 2013!!! Wooooot

Are you both set on Sinai?hey, whats up! finally some one else posts. I'm Eric, i'm from michigan. where are you from. set on sinai?
yea. I like the area a lot, its really chill, and I like that the school is relaxed for a med school. I've gone back to visit a couple times since getting accepted in November, everyone I've met there is really nice and laid back and is really happy. I cant wait to move in August, not much is going on in Michigan, plus it snows a ton. I think I'm moving pretty soon there, before april, to start my research rotation.
Last edited:
That sounds awesome. I guess I will meet you on revisit weekend since you will already be living in NYC by then.yea. I like the area a lot, its really chill, and I like that the school is relaxed for a med school. I've gone back to visit a couple times since getting accepted in November, everyone I've met there is really nice and laid back and is really happy. I cant wait to move in August, not much is going on in Michigan, plus it snows a ton. I think I'm moving pretty soon there, before april, to start my research rotation.
Do they tell you where on the list you are before May? I hope you hear from Mount Sinai soonI'm not in yet (waitlist) but this is my top choice. Congrats to you guys and hope to see you there next year!
.For all of those who were accepted earlier.
i am set on going!
, are you all psyched about 2nd look?yea, I cant wait. also I'm moving into aron hall next sunday to start research and I'm counting the minutes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sounds really cool. I didn't know you could do research before first year.yea, I cant wait. also I'm moving into aron hall next sunday to start research and I'm counting the minutes!
For all of those who were accepted earlier.
Hey guys! Thought I'd stop by and say hi, I was accepted along with Anotherface in this past round. 😛 I was interviewing with some real superstars (you know, the "I have Hopkins and UCLA and Penn interviews next week, what about you?" 😱) and Sinai was at the top of my list, so I was super surprised and honored to be accepted!
I am still waiting for the paperwork on my end to come through--did all of you accept by email first? Also, I'm definitely planning on coming to second look, did Jessica send that information out already? Thanks!!!!!!😍😍😍
WelcomeHey guys! Thought I'd stop by and say hi, I was accepted along with Anotherface in this past round. 😛 I was interviewing with some real superstars (you know, the "I have Hopkins and UCLA and Penn interviews next week, what about you?" 😱) and Sinai was at the top of my list, so I was super surprised and honored to be accepted!
I am still waiting for the paperwork on my end to come through--did all of you accept by email first? Also, I'm definitely planning on coming to second look, did Jessica send that information out already? Thanks!!!!!!😍😍😍
I have received neither the snail mail acceptance package nor the second email. As for the people I interview with, I did not ask them about their cycles, but I do remember someone mentioning they had been to UCLA the week before Christmas. I myself did not apply to either of those schools, but did interview at Columbia and Yale.
This place is making me sad; its way too quite in here.
anyone know any good bars near sinai?
i think there should be a second look bar crawl planned to meet everyone!
i think there should be a second look bar crawl planned to meet everyone!
I am sure that they the students and faculty are one step ahead of you. They will surely plan some sort of soiree during 2nd look. As for bars in the area, I was told by my tour guide that they went downtown bars often and went to local restaurants/lounges.anyone know any good bars near sinai?
i think there should be a second look bar crawl planned to meet everyone!
53 days and counting 😀can't wait to meet you guys!
Hey guys,
i am still waiting to hear from a few more schools, but I was accepted at Sinai in November and love it there. I will definitely be going to second look weekend and I am more than excited to meet all of you.
Rebecca
Hey Rebecca, was second look weekend stuff sent out yet? I haven't heard anything since getting the acceptance email and I'm really hoping it's not a mistake! 😛
I didn't get that email. May be because I haven't received the package and payed a deposit.all i got was an email from Jessica last week saying to "save the date" for april 24-25 and that more information would be on its way "soon". haha sorry that wasn't much help.
there isint a deposit on your spot, its FREE!!!
finished my first week of living in Aron Hall, its really cool here, all of the med students are really laid back, and all tests are P/F-online, and are given on the weekends. Its a really happy place here.
Cant wait to meet you all! party time in april!
finished my first week of living in Aron Hall, its really cool here, all of the med students are really laid back, and all tests are P/F-online, and are given on the weekends. Its a really happy place here.
Cant wait to meet you all! party time in april!
there is no time frame 🙂, i already had to deal with that one. they dont care when you turn it in
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I and LET both posted a link to this thread within the Mount Sinai secondary app thread. I actually posted the link after I was accepted on 2/12. As for your question, no I have not gotten a hard copy. I called them on Monday and was told that they were getting mailed out that day.Did anyone who was accepted on 2/12 not get the hard copy letter yet?
In case you are wondering why this thread is so quiet, it is actually hard to find. I found it via a google search, but otherwise wouldn't have known it existed.
hey, hows it going.
I was talking to someone whos also starting in august about making a get together in NYC before second look. Anyone want to hang out next weekend (3/21), grab some drinks?
give me a call, my cell is 2489334406, I'm eric
I was talking to someone whos also starting in august about making a get together in NYC before second look. Anyone want to hang out next weekend (3/21), grab some drinks?
give me a call, my cell is 2489334406, I'm eric
Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?
Sorry I didn't answer, but I was not sure what the date was. http://www.mssm.edu/students/matriculating/md/orientation.shtmlhey all, on the waitlist but was just wondering, when do classes start at mssm?
Though the site says that orientation will take place mid August, they have yet to post an exact date on the website. If it helps, last year orientation was Aug 14-15 and the first day of class was August 19th?
Hey...anyone know what's going on with financial aid packages?!
I had the same question. During the interview I was told that they got those out pretty fast provided that you submitted all the required info. I'm expecting a package within a week.Hey...anyone know what's going on with financial aid packages?!
Hey there guys... I m not a Mt. Sinai student. Actually I m a SGU student; but I ll be rotating at Jersey City Medical Center which is a listed as a Mt. Sinai and NYCOM as well as SGU site.
Not too many people at my school know much about Jersey City Medical Center..
Anyone know much about this hospital? Rotate there? Work there? What is the consensus among Medical Students at Mt. Sinai about this hospital?
Thanks😀
Not too many people at my school know much about Jersey City Medical Center..
Anyone know much about this hospital? Rotate there? Work there? What is the consensus among Medical Students at Mt. Sinai about this hospital?
Thanks😀
Hello, Egreen.
Where do I get that smiley who is hitting the banana?
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K