Happy Doctors Day All

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisA

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All

I believe March 30th was Doctors day. Just wanted to say hope yours was a good one.

Members don't see this ad.

It was......thanks. Google Crawford Long to understand why Doctor's Day exists.

I wish they didn't celebrate this BS for doctors....it's bad enough that RNs get a Nurse Appreciation Week and every midlevel provider gets a day or week dedicated to them as well. Just more of the 'everbody gets a gold star' mentality that seems to permeate healthcare (and the rest of the world) these days. [/crotchety]

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they didn't celebrate this BS for doctors....it's bad enough that RNs get a Nurse Appreciation Week and every midlevel provider gets a day or week dedicated to them as well. Just more of the 'everbody gets a gold star' mentality that seems to permeate healthcare (and the rest of the world) these days. [/crotchety]

:thumbup:

Everyday is already "Doctor's Day". We don't need the public making a separate special day for us, most of whom already perceive us to be spoiled, overpaid, and self-interested anyway. Doctor's are the last group of people who need their ego stroked with a special day, trust me.

Of course, it could all just be one big conspiracy by Hallmark to sell more greeting cards. :laugh:

-copro

still, it is kind of cool that if there's going to be a doctor's day, that it honors the day that crawford long administered the first anesthestic