MD/PhD site publicity help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Habari

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys -please send this link: intransit.us to your pre-med advisors at your respective schools. for those people in mstp programs already, it would be good for program admins to know about it and link to it on their sites if possible.

if there is any misinformation in the reviews, please let me know (there should be very little) - i haven't written all of them, nor gone to the schools, so it would be good to correct.

also - i'm still collecting useful links for this - so post up if you have any. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

a few comments:
1) do you have a visit counter somewhere so when the site blows up you know it?
2) the mdphd.intransit.us link on the bottom of the front page is a little confusing - i was clicking on that thing for a little while trying to figure out why i wasnt going anywhere :oops: :laugh:
3) are you sure you want this site distributed to officials (i.e. school advisors etc) it wont take the MD/PhD programs themselves that long to learn about the site and start putting pressure on y'all to provide more favorable impressions. are you at all worried about that eroding the objectivity (or subjectivity of your site?) for instance, with columbia, i think you did a really fair job of reporting/discussing the potential shortcomings of the school as well as the steps they have taken to correct them, but the school might not see it as such. just curious as to what you think will happen :)

1)there is a public tracker in the corner of the main.html page that you can check out detailed site statistic.

2)point well taken - i'm having a hard time getting the subdomains to work, so i might have to just scratch that

3)hmm yeah .... hmm... whatchya think about this eh? i mean, i'll only change things if i get some monetary kick back:laugh: or if its plain incorreect. i noticed that the director of a couple programs have already looked at the site (ip addresses are name specific - woops;)) and the only feedback i got was one informational mistake about the financial state of the prebystrian hospital. otherwise the reviews should be intructive to the school, this is how they are percieved - and if they don't like it, they shoudl take steps to either fix the problems or clarify how they sell the place.

also - jpaikman suggested adding a section about program match lists - which would be really interesting infromation to have in one location. could you please e-mail any institutions that you have connections with for this information. do not inlcude names, just specialty and program instutition. to get things rolling i have penn's, and columbias (from other threads) washU, and UAB

Penn (2003)
4 Med (MGH, UPenn)
4 Peds (CHOP, U of Chicago, Children's Memorial/NWU)
4 Rads (UPenn, MGH, Mallinckrodt/WashU, Utah)
3 Ortho (UPenn, UPitt)
3 Psych (UPenn, Stanford)
2 NeuroSurg (UPenn)
2 Path (UPenn)
1 NucMed (UPenn)
1 G Surg (Brigham)
1 ENT (UPenn)
1 Derm (MGH)
1 Neuro (UPenn)
27 Total

Washington University

6 Medicine (NY Presbyterian-Cornell x 2, SLU, Mayo, Penn, Barnes-Jewish)
4 Pediatrics (Children's Mercy, Hopkins, UCSF, Baylor)
3 Ophthalmology (UCLA, Penn, Johns Hopkins)
2 Neurology (UCSF, Beth Israel)
1 Orthopaedic Surgery (UCSF)
1 Pathology (Stanford)
1 Anesthesiology (MGH)
1 Diagnostic Radiology (Johns Hopkins)
1 General Surgery (MGH)
1 Plastic Surgery (Michigan)
1 Postdoc (NCI)

UAB

2 Neurology (Yale, ?)
2 Dermatology (UAB, Minnesota)
1 General Surgery (Mayo)
1 Pediatrics (UAB)
1 Medicine (UAB)

Columbia (2003)
4 Med (Brigham&Women's,Hopkins(2),NYP Columbia)
2 Neurology (MGH/BWH,Einstein)
1 Peds (WashU)
1 Psych (Yale)
1 Path (MGH)
1 Anest (UPenn)