The importance of undergrad school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

A Late Starter

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I read it somewhere that where I went for undergrad school also take effect on chances of getting into a pharm school, is it a reliable information? Because I go to nation top 15~20 school, but my GPA isn't that high (3.3). I started out with GPA 2.3🙁 and brought it up by getting 4.0 for the last two semesters... It's a stupid question, I know, but would they go a little easy on my GPA?? (The average of my freshman courses were about D+ to C- which screwed me over big time).

Thank you!!!
 
Yes, there's a halo effect involved. All other things being equal, the applicant who went to a more difficult/known school will be chosen more often than not than the applicant who went to an unknown/lower ranked school.

There's been much discussion about this already. In your case, sustained upward trend in GPA will be the primary contributing factor.