-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone else get an interview to Nova yet?
Started by arcticrevolver
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wow, alreadyI just received an invite for an interview to Nova today. Just wondering when everyone's interview dates are. Mine is Oct 5th. at 12:30pm, I'm nervous!
. I'm still trying to secure the last letter of recommendation. It sucks that it has to be only professors and pharmacists. Hopefully, I can finish my Nova stuff in the next two weeks and maybe get a mid-November interview.I just received an invite for an interview to Nova today. Just wondering when everyone's interview dates are. Mine is Oct 5th. at 12:30pm, I'm nervous!
When did you submit your PharmCAS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you submit your PharmCAS?
They must have a lot of people working at admissions. I submitted PharmCAS 8/17, it was mailed 8/24. I finished my supplemental 8/27 (received it 8/26) It hasn't even been a week.. They sure have a fast turnaround.
That's good to know since I am so close to finishing. I already see fenderbiz's stats. What are your stats (GPA, PCAT percentiles, certification, etc.)?They must have a lot of people working at admissions. I submitted PharmCAS 8/17, it was mailed 8/24. I finished my supplemental 8/27 (received it 8/26) It hasn't even been a week.. They sure have a fast turnaround.
I finished my supp appl less than a week ago and got an email asking me to go for an interview yesterday! I am really excited to see the campus!
The campus is nice... I don't know where you are from but it's really HOT down here right now = (
I start my MBA at Nova on the 5th = )
Haven't finished applying yet though... still waiting for my LOR... My UF application is finished though 😀
I start my MBA at Nova on the 5th = )
Haven't finished applying yet though... still waiting for my LOR... My UF application is finished though 😀
I am going to submit pharmcas this week for nova. No LOR or Xscripts yet, but they say this does not matter.
will they provide interview without the LOR?
And does coursework need to reflect all finished pre-req's, even before they are done? in other words do I need to "predict the future" for pharmcas so that they see when I will finish my req's?
will they provide interview without the LOR?
And does coursework need to reflect all finished pre-req's, even before they are done? in other words do I need to "predict the future" for pharmcas so that they see when I will finish my req's?
Pharmcas has a section where you can put PLANNED courses to show that you are going to take the prereqs, HOWEVER... I was told by an admissions rep last year that if you are applying then it is ASSUMED that you will be taking all of the pre-reqs before enrollment anyway. If you are conditionally accepted, you must finish them or else you can't start pharmacy school.
I don't know if you will be given an interview without all the specific LORS that Nova requires. I got my 2 letters for UF back in the summer so I'm thinking about submitting to Nova and LECOM without the other letter in too.
I don't know if you will be given an interview without all the specific LORS that Nova requires. I got my 2 letters for UF back in the summer so I'm thinking about submitting to Nova and LECOM without the other letter in too.
Hey, for those of you who have interviews I was just wondering how flexible they are? Did they give you a choice between a few dates or did they just tell you when to show up? Do you know if they interview on Saturdays? Thanks.
Yeah, they're flexible. They gave me 6 optional dates in October, I refused and asked for some later, and they gave me a bunch of other dates in November. Nice admissions lady. They never gave me a Saturday date.
Thanks - good to know! If I'm lucky to get an interview I want to be able to schedule it around my classes. For those who have received interview invites, did anyone get one before they submitted their official AP and CLEP scores. I still need to request mine...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am P-1 at Nova. If anyone is invited for interview already, let me know. I may pass by and give u some advice before interview.
Hello, I am P-1 at Nova. If anyone is invited for interview already, let me know. I may pass by and give u some advice before interview.
I have an interview with Nova on October 26th. Can you tell me if it's going to be a group interview or one-on-one. Also, is there going to be a spontaneous essay that we have to write during the interview?
I wonder when they notify us if we were accepted or not.
I just had an interview with NOVA and it was a 3-on-one interview. They played the good-cop, bad-cop, and neutral-cop game. There is a lot of waiting during the day. Be prepared.
I just had an interview with NOVA and it was a 3-on-one interview. They played the good-cop, bad-cop, and neutral-cop game. There is a lot of waiting during the day. Be prepared.
When did you interview?
I just had an interview with NOVA and it was a 3-on-one interview. They played the good-cop, bad-cop, and neutral-cop game. There is a lot of waiting during the day. Be prepared.
Yup. I felt the same way, except there were only two of them. They kinda dropped it after a while because they saw I wasn't really amused by it. Haha.
I went to their interview 4 days ago. It was kind of informal, the interviewers were only 2, and it was very short (15 min). They only asked why I decided to be a pharmacist, and what would make ME a good one, also about my study habits. I was discouraged by the last question though. they asked what were my plans if I did not get accepted at any school this year. Has anyone else been asked that question?? 😕
hi, i just went to their interview a week ago. Confused about possible outcomes, I didn't know about this site, wish would have, since good prep for interview. Anyhow, it was short 15 min or so. Basically asked the same question with different words "Why I chose pharmacy, why i would be a good pharm, study habits. One last discouraging question though: "what are my plans if i don't get accepted this year". Do you know of anyone who was asked that? was that a way of sayng i won't be getting that acceptace letter? i was surprised they even gave me an interview, as my stats are low 3.02 pharmcas gpa, and 69 pcat. I have a BS in another nonpharm field...would they consider other things other than gpa, pcat?...
so will you be interviewed without letters of recommendation
What is the agenda like on the interview day? information session, campus tour, mingling session, and 1-2 interviews? How long did the whole interview process last?
i got there at 8:30 , when all 4 of us showed up , two students took us for a tour. They were very nice and informative. Then we came back and sat for about 30 minutes before the first person was called (not alphabetically). Each interview lasted from 15-20 minutes. Mine was short as well. The basically asked the same question many times: "Why pharmace, what would make YOU a good pharmacist, what's the pharmacist's job?" At the end they asked me what i planned to do in the next year if i didn't get into the program this year. I was there from 8:30 to 11. There were snacks for us there, in case you dont' get a chance at breakfast that day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I interviewed last week and I'm already tired of waiting....
I just want to know!
I just want to know!

I went to their interview 4 days ago. It was kind of informal, the interviewers were only 2, and it was very short (15 min). They only asked why I decided to be a pharmacist, and what would make ME a good one, also about my study habits. I was discouraged by the last question though. they asked what were my plans if I did not get accepted at any school this year. Has anyone else been asked that question?? 😕
They ask that question to get you frustrated and nervous, they want to see your reaction on stressful situations 🙂 it is not necessarily that you won't get in, they're just testing you... I had a professor in organics that was on university interview committee, he helped us to prepare for our interviews...
They ask that question to get you frustrated and nervous, they want to see your reaction on stressful situations 🙂 it is not necessarily that you won't get in, they're just testing you... I had a professor in organics that was on university interview committee, he helped us to prepare for our interviews...
hmmm , thanks, i hope i didn't screw up too bad with my answer to it...


Has anyone heard back at all?
Even from the early October interviews?
I saw something on Pharmapplicants.com that someone was already accepted so I was just wondering.
Even from the early October interviews?
I saw something on Pharmapplicants.com that someone was already accepted so I was just wondering.
I got my acceptance Oct. 16.
wow how lucky
they told you so fast. Congrats!👍 when did you interview?wow how luckythey told you so fast. Congrats!👍 when did you interview?
I wouldn't say lucky 😛
Thank you. October 5th.
I went to their interview 4 days ago. It was kind of informal, the interviewers were only 2, and it was very short (15 min). They only asked why I decided to be a pharmacist, and what would make ME a good one, also about my study habits. I was discouraged by the last question though. they asked what were my plans if I did not get accepted at any school this year. Has anyone else been asked that question?? 😕
The answer to that question is ALWAYS always always... "I will improve my application and try again next year!" lol
They want to see that you are truly dedicated to becoming a pharmacist.
(I know someone who used to be on the Nova adcom and this is what she told me anyway...)
The answer to that question is ALWAYS always always... "I will improve my application and try again next year!" lol
They want to see that you are truly dedicated to becoming a pharmacist.
(I know someone who used to be on the Nova adcom and this is what she told me anyway...)
I know, but i got nervous, and i blurted out that, yes I was going to keep applying, but instead of bettering my stats by taking randon science classes, I was planning to take the ones geared to enter a nursing program, while waiting to get accepted into a pharmacy. Ugghhh, should have kept my plans to myself right
I was just wondering if anyone knows how often Nova's adcom meets? or when the next adcom meeting is? 🙂
I don't know but it seems like they work pretty quickly this time of year, but as it gets closer to January I know that some people have waited a few months to hear back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys congratz on getting interviews, but I was wondering, how does Nova contact you for the supplemental applications?
I e-submitted at the end of September and it says Pharmcas material usually takes 4-6 weeks to be reviewed but will they be emailing an app link, do I have to sign up for their website, or do they mail it? I'm getting worried since I haven't heard anything from them.
I e-submitted at the end of September and it says Pharmcas material usually takes 4-6 weeks to be reviewed but will they be emailing an app link, do I have to sign up for their website, or do they mail it? I'm getting worried since I haven't heard anything from them.
)Hey guys congratz on getting interviews, but I was wondering, how does Nova contact you for the supplemental applications?
I e-submitted at the end of September and it says Pharmcas material usually takes 4-6 weeks to be reviewed but will they be emailing an app link, do I have to sign up for their website, or do they mail it? I'm getting worried since I haven't heard anything from them.
They won't contact you or mail you anything, you have to go their website and find it yourself and complete it ( at least that's how it was for me, this is my second time applying with them). It's easy, i don't remember where exactly where the link is , b ut i remember i found it fast and easy, the application itself is relatively short compared to other schools (and half as cheap too!)
good luck

)
They won't contact you or mail you anything, you have to go their website and find it yourself and complete it ( at least that's how it was for me, this is my second time applying with them). It's easy, i don't remember where exactly where the link is , b ut i remember i found it fast and easy, the application itself is relatively short compared to other schools (and half as cheap too!)
good luck![]()
Actually, they do contact you by e-mail, and they send you a link to the app.
When did you interview?
I intervied October 13th and still haven't heard anything from them.
Actually, they do contact you by e-mail, and they send you a link to the app.
Thank you both for the information...I think I saw the app you're talking about but I believe its only for people who want to go for the Puerto Rico campus...guess I'll just be checking my email...the waiting game is so nerve-wrecking 😳
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
- Replies
- 59
- Views
- 10K
- Question
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
