tufts interview...anyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dasubline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is Tufts gonna start interviewing?? Has anyone been contacted by them??

Members don't see this ad.

hey I heard that Tufts does not start interviewing people until January so if your an early applicant, don't worry about it too much

i thought i remember reading that they give out the invites in late september tho... or maybe i could be wrong. oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
O wow I just remember it from reading about it and hearing it from a friend. Well if they really are giving out interviews in september then I guess I am screwed

So according to the Tufts website, which seems to be up-to-date, they won't start sending invites (via snail-mail, I think I remember reading on another post) until late September, and they interview between November and April 2010.

I'm hoping to hear from them at some point too...good luck to you!!

No blips on the predents radar yet.

Directly from the website....

Interview invitations will be sent to candidates by email, as well as the AADSAS web-portal and mail. Please be sure to check these locations for your status, unfortunately due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to release status information by phone or email inquiries. It can be common for an applicant to not hear from our office after receiving the confirmation email for quite some time. Please be patient as the review process is lengthy.

This is from the email they sent once they had your complete application:

"Please note that interviews will begin in late October 2009 and continue until our class fills. Invitations for interviews will begin to be issued in late September. Our goal is for all applicants to receive a written decision by the end of April 2010. Please note that many applicants may not hear from our office again until much later in the application process."

That means they should be comin soon!

Got my invite by email this afternoon. My nerves are already getting to me...:scared:

i got an invite yesterday as well! yaaaay! looks like they start interviewing in late october. they gave me date choices from the end of oct to the end of nov.

When did you guys submit your apps?

I'm so confused. I submitted 7/13, but didn't take my DAT until 8/27...so I really don't know where that puts me :-/

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite via email yesterday around 5pm. Most of the dates I tried to get early this afternoon were already booked though, so must be other people are getting interviews too.

I too got the interview invite email yesterday around 5. I made sure I called right at 10 this morning to get the day I wanted.

My mailing was 7/24. Went under review 8/16 on AADSAS. I called first thing in the morning and got first date Oct 28. Anyone is going to be there?
Heard that Boston is not easy to navigate, anyone can confirm?

My mailing was 7/24. Went under review 8/16 on AADSAS. I called first thing in the morning and got first date Oct 28. Anyone is going to be there?
Heard that Boston is not easy to navigate, anyone can confirm?

If you can navigate in NYC then Boston is similar. If you're coming from open roads and a town of courteous drivers that follow right of the way then you are in for a ride. Drive safe.

What were your stats?

not the best....

AA/TS/PAT: 20/19/23 (ugh but a 16 on my GC)
App Submitted: June 16
App Mailed: July 2
GPA Overall/Sci: 3.8 / 3.7

Last edited:
yeah dude, those stats are lousy why did you ever bother applying :laugh: seriously though....I highly doubt the GC will hurt you

Applied last year (app submitted in MAY) and did not recieve an interview invite till MARCH (declined b/c already had deposit at MWU). Be patient with Tufts, esp. if your scores are on the lower end of average like mine were (check out my predents profile for comparison)

My status for Tufts has been "Received/Under Review" since Sept 10th? Is this normal? Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

My status for Tufts has been "Received/Under Review" since Sept 10th? Is this normal? Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

I'm considering that a good status to have, because it ain't a rejection! :D

sigh i want to hear from this school!

When i called the school about 2 weeks ago, they said they were already full with pre-dec. interview spots and would send out post-december interview invites around mid-end November.... So I guess having "received" status is a good thing for now...(i e-submitted in mid August and i've also had this stauts for a while)

Same, except since August 19. We've been passed by for pre December interviews (sigh). They'll review you again for post December though.

Someone posted on pre-dents that they received a January 15 interview. So if that's true, then Tufts has started handing out post-December interviews

Someone posted on pre-dents that they received a January 15 interview. So if that's true, then Tufts has started handing out post-December interviews

Unless that person had to reschedule or something. As this Dec. 1 waiting game drags on, it would be excited to get another interview on the schedule!

I called Tufts today to check and they said they haven't sent out any post-dec interviews yet but will be done "within next couple of weeks".
So it looks like this person had to reschedule.

I called Tufts today to check and they said they haven't sent out any post-dec interviews yet but will be done "within next couple of weeks".
So it looks like this person had to reschedule.
Alright cool. Thanks for letting us know.

Tufts doesn't really start sending out a lot of invites until January because most Dec. 1 picks don't end up going to Tufts. Chances are that, most people who applied to the "more prestigious" schools also apply to Tufts, and then end up going to those schools if they got in. I was in the first interview group and believe only about 1-2 ppl in my group ended up going to Tufts with me.

Hang in there if you don't have an invite yet.

Tufts doesn't really start sending out a lot of invites until January because most Dec. 1 picks don't end up going to Tufts. Chances are that, most people who applied to the "more prestigious" schools also apply to Tufts, and then end up going to those schools if they got in. I was in the first interview group and believe only about 1-2 ppl in my group ended up going to Tufts with me.

Hang in there if you don't have an invite yet.
It might have been true for previous years but this year they extended pre Dec invites to almost 1/2 of their usual number of interviewees, last year it was something like 434 total and this year pre Dec invites were 185 or so...

It might have been true for previous years but this year they extended pre Dec invites to almost 1/2 of their usual number of interviewees, last year it was something like 434 total and this year pre Dec invites were 185 or so...
Why did they decrease their invites by so much? I can't imagine they have a great chance of filling their fairly large class size. Unless that's not their goal at this point.

I'm not totally sure about this, but aren't they undergoing construction so they have to postpone interviews. Somebody help?

I can't imagine that Tufts would seriously hinder their interview schedule due to the 'vertical expansion' project. I interviewed there two years ago, and they came off as a fantastic school with a very organized and informative tour/ overview as well as seemingly good natured and genuinely excited students (we had lunch with about 20-30 dental students ranging from D1-D4).

As far as the comment regarding better/worse schools, my experience with Tufts was excellent, and judging from what I saw and heard from students there, it's a top caliber school.

I also know of several graduates from Tufts who have specialized and are doing quite well (two Ortho, and one Endo). I'm hoping they extend me an interview/offer as I would love to go there...as long as one can swing the hefty tuition, I think Tufts does a great job preparing students for a very rewarding career in dentistry.

I'm not totally sure about this, but aren't they undergoing construction so they have to postpone interviews. Somebody help?