-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Lowest scores you know of that were accepted
Started by SirRichardPryor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WVU has a minimum of 60th percentile for acceptance...
but anyway, extenuating admissions do occur. Even UCSF has their "low" GPA admitted in 2008 being 2.8...
but anyway, extenuating admissions do occur. Even UCSF has their "low" GPA admitted in 2008 being 2.8...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.0 and a 94 composite. Hope that's enough
I have a 3.0 and a 94 composite. Hope that's enough
yours will probably good enough for a lot of schools as long as your interview goes well, and you have taken many upper-level courses.
yours will probably good enough for a lot of schools as long as your interview goes well, and you have taken many upper-level courses.
Oh I've taken lots of upper level courses, so that's not an issue. I just don't know what to think because most people with my GPA don't have a PCAT score that high.
Oh I've taken lots of upper level courses, so that's not an issue. I just don't know what to think because most people with my GPA don't have a PCAT score that high.
if your PCAT subscores correlate well with your grades, then you should be fine. if your PCAT chemistry was very high and you've had A's in all of your chem courses, then that's a good indication that you're good at chem. but if you had A's in chem but your PCAT chem score was kinda low, then that might look like your school's chem courses are not very challenging or not teaching as much as they should be
if your PCAT subscores correlate well with your grades, then you should be fine. if your PCAT chemistry was very high and you've had A's in all of your chem courses, then that's a good indication that you're good at chem. but if you had A's in chem but your PCAT chem score was kinda low, then that might look like your school's chem courses are not very challenging or not teaching as much as they should be
it's the other way around actually. I have a 2.67 Science GPA (although nothing lower than a B+ in the last 2 years) yet I got a 88, 91 and 98 on the Quant, Chem and Bio portions respectively.
My grades do not match up with my PCAT scores at all
it's the other way around actually. I have a 2.67 Science GPA (although nothing lower than a B+ in the last 2 years) yet I got a 88, 91 and 98 on the Quant, Chem and Bio portions respectively.
My grades do not match up with my PCAT scores at all
i think that would be fine also since that shows that you learned quite a bit from your bio classes even though they were difficult and challenging.
i think that would be fine also since that shows that you learned quite a bit from your bio classes even though they were difficult and challenging.
that's gonna be my argument. that and I didn't know what the hell I was doing my first two years in school
that's gonna be my argument. that and I didn't know what the hell I was doing my first two years in school
just don't make it sound like an excuse and talk about what you have learned from your experience and how you are doing things differently now.
Wow you sound exactly like me! My PCAT composite is a 97 but I have a 96 and 91 percentile in Biology and Chemistry, respectively. My overall GPA is currently 3.07 with a science GPA of 2.9that's gonna be my argument. that and I didn't know what the hell I was doing my first two years in school
I also experienced a not-so-good GPA during my first two years and suffice it to say, I did not get many A's in science classes in that time. Just like you, I believe that my PCAT scores show that I did learn quite a bit from my science classes despite what my early undergrad GPA shows. I think the fact that my GPA markedly improves in my senior year also helps.
Despite it all, I've heard that people with academic experiences such as ours usually do get accepted into pharmacy school. The only caveat is that you can't bomb the interview and as others have said, you have to sound convincing in your explanation about your GPA.
A lot of people have really high PCAT scores and lower 3.0 GPAs. I have a 93 percentile PCAT and around a 3.3 GPA (don't know how it's going to come out on pharmcas this year because I took more classes, but it probably won't go up too much). Nonetheless... I am a little different because I had better grades my FIRST two years. Everyone is unique and has their own story though. I lived in the dorms and didn't work my first two years, then when I got into the upper level classes and moved out on my own and started working I had a difficult time and had a lot of rough things going on in my life- so my GPA went down a bit. I made a few C's... but they were in courses like Endocrinology and Comparative Physiology which aren't pre-reqs for a lot of schools. I have all A's and B's in Orgo and Gen Chem ... plus I have a bachelor's degree in Biology so I feel like I learned enough to really help me do well on the PCAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
who got in to a really great school with a science/math gpa below a 2.5!
i personally think, if you even do get in, you would struggle quite a bit at a difficult school.
Do schools that claim they'll only consider a GPA above x.xx strictly adhere to that? Anyone that can claim an exception to that? I'd hope a strong PCAT and Pharmacy experience would help make an exception.
Do schools that claim they'll only consider a GPA above x.xx strictly adhere to that? Anyone that can claim an exception to that? I'd hope a strong PCAT and Pharmacy experience would help make an exception.
Pacific U has a strict 2.7 for your last 60, culum and science. Still bitter at that place
Pacific U has a strict 2.7 for your last 60, culum and science. Still bitter at that place
Hmmm... Are you sure bout this? My friend got into Pacific University of Oregon without his last 60 units meeting the 2.7 GPA mark. In the end though, he chose Michigan.
Do schools that claim they'll only consider a GPA above x.xx strictly adhere to that? Anyone that can claim an exception to that? I'd hope a strong PCAT and Pharmacy experience would help make an exception.
some people will argue and say that a poor GPA means that you cannot manage your time well enough to put in the required amount of time to keep up your GPA or you take on more in a semester than what you can actually handle. sometimes it can be acceptable to have a slightly low GPA if you take difficult classes in a semester, but if you do that constantly, it just might mean that pharmacy school course work may be too much of a time commitment and a workload.
even with a good PCAT and lots of pharmacy experience, GPA shows how well you learn the required material from school and how well you can keep up with what you're learning.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 6K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E