UT Memphis Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nyamaluda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats everyone! I'm looking forward to next year!

Members don't see this ad.

obviously, someone needs to make a facebook group about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
i wonder who will do it first....

Accepted!! Congrats everyone!

i made a facebook group.... i'm so excited! it's Ut Memphis college of dentistry class of 2014! yay! i think i've let everyone in my contact list know already.... haha:laugh:

Hey everyone, did you call to find this out? Or did ppl receive snail mails already?

I'm thinking of calling!

Called them. Just ask for an update on your application. I was told the packets went out yesterday and we should receive them over the next couple of days.

That's exactly what i did and what they told me! i couldn't wait for the mail!

I'm in!!!!!!!!!! and so is a friend of mine! :D:D:love::love::love::D:soexcited::soexcited:

Did you notice that if you sign into your application it says ACCEPTED?

So nice to see it in writing! Also I've been filling out my signature of intent and all that fun stuff :D:D:D:D Oh it finally feels real!

Got my packet! We have to collect teeth!!!!! :eek:

Well that should be interesting. Looking forward to getting my packet, too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm lucky i work at a clinic where all we do is pretty much extractions.... the dentist I work for told me a few months ago to start collecting teeth... so Ihave been! but now I have an official purpose behind my collecting! yay!

any info on deposits, etc?

Last edited:
Just wanted to say hey to you guys. I have been accepted as well and can't wait to get there! See ya'll soon

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about where to live in memphis? An apartment or duplex perhaps? Hopefully a safe location too.

On the facebook group for UT memphis, there is a nice thread about the same subject.

Does anyone know how many OOS seats (non-arkansas) UT still has available? I interview in January and am considering canceling if my chances are really slim.

Just call up wisdom. After he berates you for applying so late I'm sure he'll fill you in.

Just call up wisdom. After he berates you for applying so late I'm sure he'll fill you in.
Haha what? I applied July 1st... I didn't know I had to send the classes in progress or planned progression sheet in because I graduated in May and wasn't taking anymore classes and my transcript showed that. I never heard from them so called Sept. 1st. They told me what I was missing and I got the interview a week later, but the earliest they had available was in January. Is Wisdom a person?

ah no I completely agree that you're not applying late, but every time I call wisdom and ask a question he doesn't answer it. Instead, he asks why I applied so late even though I interviewed in December (last time I checked there are still class seats available).

For example, I was calling him to ask if I could take one of the three "other biology" courses at a community college here in nashville this spring (I graduated in '07), wanted to save some money, and had a high GPA from a top 20 school. Instead of giving me a "yes" or "no" he asks why I'm taking the courses so late. I hate having to call that school and ask a question because the website is either contradictory or completely mum on the subject

Congrats everyone who got in! ... I hope I can congratulate myself, too.
arrrgg ... I wish I could just skip the interview session.
I know UT memphis dental school gives you a VERY relaxing atmosphere, but I am still nervous. I read through the interview feedback for this school and it says the interview style is like in a group. Is this "GROUP" meaning that 7 interviewee enter the room together and answer to the same question individually? or Do interviewers just pick one and ask different questions? I would feel weird if I listen to what other's saying and at the end, in my turn of the question, I would not be very attractive enough if I say the same types of answer with others.

Can you guys give me some tips to sell myself successfully?

THANK YOU GUYS! ;-)

Actually there is a group of 7-8 interviewees interviewing on the same day, but each applicant interviews by him/herself.

At the interview in December Dr. Coleman gave himself and the committee plenty of wiggle room in terms of sending out admission notifications. So while I'm sure it will be a few weeks (at least), if anyone hears anything be sure to let us know!

Hey everyone , Congratulations to everyone who has been accpeted !! I can't imagine how amazing it must feel. I was posting to ask a brief question... Does anyone know how many acceptences were sent out on the 1st ? Also, does anyone know how many AR spots are still available by any chance ?

I was talking to a girl today in my class.... She interviewed early this month, and they told her they were not meeting again until MARCH. :(

Sorry guys, I remember last year they were just sending them out every month... I wonder why they're changing?

I'm gonna call BS on that one - at least I hope she's wrong. Coleman said the committee might not send out the next round of notifications until March, but they're definitely meeting in January according to what he said at my December 11th interview. But no matter when they meet next, nobody should hold their breath. I believe Feb 18th of last year was when the 2nd round of notifications occurred, give or take a day or two. Anybody who knows someone currently in school may be a better source of info.

hey has anyone that has gotten in yet gone to the PAR website? i went to it and did the electronic signature and the background check and they worked fine but the parking pass, student housing, etc. options would not work. If anyone else has found this could you let me know what you did or if you have any suggestions. Thanks so much. See yall in the fall.

Anyone know people who live in the dorms? Just curious what they're like...

Anyone know or heard exactly when the Admissions Committee is meeting again? Dr. Coleman told me in they would meet in February but obviously didn't give a specific date...

JumpinIn, Dr. Coleman said they are making some decisions in 2 weeks and making more decisions in mid March.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been thinking that I shouldn't lose any sleep until the last week of Feb. or so, then again I interviewed in December. Do they only consider applications up to a certain interview date at meetings or is it by quality of application? Probably a question I should ask Dr. Coleman, but any input is appreciated!

Apparently they met today? Thats what a D1 student told me. My interview was on Jan 29 and Dr. Coleman said they were meeting on Feb 11, which is Thursday. So who knows, but atleast I think it is sometime this week.

Hey everyone. When I interviewed, we were told the next commitee meeting would be held on February 11. Good luck to all of those who are being considered during this round, and also to those with upcoming interviews !

-Ar2

i had my interview on the 29th of jan too and dr coleman said that he deciding on the 11th of feb and if we didnt hear anythin to call him by the 16th or 17th. so seeing as its the 11th now i guess we jus have to wait.

Did you notice that if you sign into your application it says ACCEPTED?

So nice to see it in writing! Also I've been filling out my signature of intent and all that fun stuff :D:D:D:D Oh it finally feels real!

did this happen before u got ur packet ?

If anybody hears anything (whether they call you or vice versa) be sure to let us know! The past 24 hours I've gone from a patient, rational person to a complete wreck.

If you call Dr. Coleman he'll let you know if you're in!

Well I called Dr. Coleman on Friday and didn't get the news I was hoping for. The waiting game continues...

I wonder how many spots are still available for this last March acceptance meeting? And when is the March meeting?

Bryantje, I'm guessing you got good news?

yeah actually I did, but if you weren't straight up rejected I'd still like your chances. Just keep in touch with them and reaffirm your interest in the school and you might make it.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard when the final acceptance meeting in March will be?

I haven't gotten rejected or waitlisted so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for good news!

Anyone heard when the final acceptance meeting will be? I hate this waiting game, having my life on hold!

Did anybody call Dr. Coleman about last meeting on March?
Man I feel like I should give up rightnow and just prepare for next year

The last admissions meeting has come and gone. Apparently there were only 4-5 spots to fill of Tennessee residents and 6 maybe of Arkansas. Looks like I'm working on making myself a better applicant before the Dec 1 2010 meeting!

But if they made final decision, don't they have to send rejection letter to rejected applicant?

Class of 2014!!!! Im in there!!! Got my tooth collection packet!!:)