Harvard School of Dental Medicine C/O 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nestico2754

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from HSDM?!

Members don't see this ad.

A few on SDN heard back from HSDM. Congrats!!
Feel free to ask any questions you guys might have.

Sigh..
When do they start calling wait listed people ?
In Feb?..

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got letter saying I was waitlisted. Wonder how many are waitlisted...

I have an interview this week. Any idea how long it will take them to make a decision?

I have an interview this week. Any idea how long it will take them to make a decision?

After December 1st, any day is a fair game!!

my application at HSDM was complete around the beginning of september and i received an acceptance on december 1. congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to everyone on the wait list!

Congrats to everyone who got in!

I'm on the waiting list as well. :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!
I read from another thread that only 2-3 people who interview pre-december get accepted in the Spring. (But according to Anne Berg, she made it sound like lots of people get off the waitlist) Does anybody know? I'm nervous!

I interviewed in mid-October. Didn't hear anything on December 1st but haven't yet gotten any letters from them. Probably waitlisted too:(

I read from another thread that only 2-3 people who interview pre-december get accepted in the Spring. (But according to Anne Berg, she made it sound like lots of people get off the waitlist) Does anybody know? I'm nervous!

She is right, majority of the class is selected once they are done interviewing.

Since the class size so small for HSDM, I think it is different for every year.
I saw old threads where HSDM sent out acceptances in low 40's compared to year before where they sent out 53 acceptances. Also I heard that last year, only 3 or 4 people were pulled off the waitlist compared to 15 the year before.
So we just have to wait I guess...
Also anyone waitlisted as high priority? I am wondering whether that really exists...

Members don't see this ad :)
Since the class size so small for HSDM, I think it is different for every year.
I saw old threads where HSDM sent out acceptances in low 40's compared to year before where they sent out 53 acceptances. Also I heard that last year, only 3 or 4 people were pulled off the waitlist compared to 15 the year before.
So we just have to wait I guess...
Also anyone waitlisted as high priority? I am wondering whether that really exists...
Is there anything about that in the waitlist letter?
I don't know anything about priorities for their waitlist but am eager to know as well.

Is there anything about that in the waitlist letter?
I don't know anything about priorities for their waitlist but am eager to know as well.

No, my letter also says I am waitlisted.
But I read past year's threads where some people said that they were on high priority waitlist and trying to figure out if high priority really exists.

well, i read on another post that the waitlist is not ranked, but pooled together and continually compared against those who are still interviewing. (of course, my source was another sdn forum, so it's probably best to take that with a grain of salt)

i am wondering if acceptances are sent out now on specific days (presumably after the committee meets), and if wait-listed people have the option of being accepted at any of those times too...or if we are pretty much waiting until the end of the cycle to hear anything.

i would also be interested in hearing if this mysterious 'high-priority' list really exists...although i sort of hope not, since my letter doesn't say anything like that!

but...good luck to everyone! :)

Just got my official waitlist letter from them.
Nothing about it being ranked.

Mine doesn't say high priority either...

Welcome everyone! Can't wait to see you all in the fall!

Hello guys, for those of you accepted congrats! for those of you waiting hold on and congrats too! and for those about to rock, we salute you!!!

Here is the facebook group for HSDM accepted and waitlisted people.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=189299539269&ref=ts please join and coment about how are you choosing if you have any other schools to choose from and any other thing you want to talk about.

For those who have been accepted at Harvard, is HSDM your #1 choice?

bump...

has anyone heard back w/ a post dec 1 interview yet, or been waitlisted with a post dec 1 interview ?

Yeah, I was waitlisted with a post-Dec 1 interview - I got the letter yesterday. I see on predents that at least one person with a post-Dec 1 interview got accepted.

any updates from harvard?
heard someone received an email from Anne last week

heard someone received an email from Anne last week

heard someone received an email from Anne last week..
wondering if that person was from the waitlist o not..

I received an email...it´s because I am in South America so it was the easiest way for her to contact me...I got in which is unbelievably exciting, but it wasn´t from the waitlist...I have heard that A TON of people get accepted off of the waitlist, so good luck there. Also I have to let them know mid feb if I am coming or not so I am guessing they send out another string of acceptances mid to late feb...good luck with everything!

I received an email...it´s because I am in South America so it was the easiest way for her to contact me...I got in which is unbelievably exciting, but it wasn´t from the waitlist...I have heard that A TON of people get accepted off of the waitlist, so good luck there. Also I have to let them know mid feb if I am coming or not so I am guessing they send out another string of acceptances mid to late feb...good luck with everything!

congratulations~!
have you decided where to go?
also can i ask when you interview was?

anyone have any guesses/info when the waitlist will move?
did anyone call the office to ask how it works?

congratulations~!
have you decided where to go?
also can i ask when you interview was?

Nope...Im waiting to hear from UCSF but Harvard is definitely one of my top choices...I interviewed on Dec. 17th.

me too! has anyone tried calling to ask?

Waitlisted people will not hear anything until HSDM is done interviewing (which is, as Betsy told me, around end of Feb, beginning of March). Plan to hear mid-March and later.

anyone know if they are already done handing out interviews?

hm, i'm surprised that they wait so long as march. from stalking predents, it seems that people from previous application cycles with pre-dec interviews were accepted as early as january, with several accepted end-of-january through early february. could be that they changed their policy.

when did you ask Betsy?

hm, i'm surprised that they wait so long as march. from stalking predents, it seems that people from previous application cycles with pre-dec interviews were accepted as early as january, with several accepted end-of-january through early february. could be that they changed their policy.

when did you ask Betsy?
Last Friday.

ah okay. thanks. did she give you any info about how many typically get off the list, or how many spots remain?

ah okay. thanks. did she give you any info about how many typically get off the list, or how many spots remain?
She didn't really... She said it varies year after year.

ok - thanks again. i hate this waiting! good luck though :)

did anyone who interviewed post dec 1st hear back? and how long did it generally take?

thanks guys!

hajibandeh: heard back? i'm curious if the committee has met...good luck!

no i haven't heard back yet. my interview was on February 5th, and Betsy said it would take 3-4 weeks to review and everything, so figure this week or next i might hear something. i'll definitely post whatever happens

Last edited by a moderator:
no i haven't heard back yet. my interview was on February 5th, and Betsy said it would take 3-4 weeks to review and everything, so figure this week or next i might hear something. i'll definitely post whatever happens :oops:

definitely let us know.

I interviewed Feb 12th.. so I'll let you guys know once I found out as well