Advice about my scores...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gbhopkin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT last summer, and got a 19 academic average and 21 PAT score. My individual scores were 22 in General Chemistry, 20 in Organic Chemistry, 19 in Quantitative Reasoning, 18 in Reading Comprehension, and 16 in Biology. I have been told that because my biology score is somewhat low that I should consider retaking the DAT before applying. This year I have taken biochemistry and two semesters of Anatomy and Physiology, which I definitely think would boost my Biology score. Do you think that it is necessary for me to retake it, or do you think I would be okay with these scores? (My GPA is around 3.5 or so...) Please let me know what you think... Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally would wait it out till end of the year to see if you score any interviews. if not, prepare in january and take it for the next cycle.

you have some solid scores in there and you dont want to drop them in hopes of improving in 1 area. thats just my two cents

i went from a 21 bio to a 17 bio trying to increase my RC. and my RC only went up by 1

Overall, great TS, AA, and PAT!

However, 16 in bio is pretty low. You may not make some of the cutoffs for the schools you apply to.

Don't retake, nice overall scores, yeh so biology is a bit low, but overall nice scores :thumbup:

Apply this year to as many schools that don't have that 17 score cutoff and see what happens.