QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I would say yes to both. Why be pessimistic? You know what you have to do to improve your chances; that's why you're here, right?Isn't this making the assumption that we A) get in, and B) get in the first time we apply?![]()
If you tell me how old you are, I can change your vote. 🙂Edit: Despite what I wrote I foolishly checked my current age. sigh. Time for me to go to sleep. Add two years to it.
I would say yes to both. Why be pessimistic? You know what you have to do to improve your chances; that's why you're here, right?
If you tell me how old you are, I can change your vote. 🙂
Edit: NM, you already posted before that you are 28. I will change your vote to 30.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0What's internet 2.0? 😕

I try to be observant, and sometimes I even succeed. 😉Aren't you the observant reader? 😀
I wouldn't say I was being pessimistic. Perhaps I'm overly skeptical, lol.
Thanks for fixing my boo boo, btw.
Oh, and do you graduate this year, or have you already?

I try to be observant, and sometimes I even succeed. 😉
You're welcome for fixing your boo boo.
I'll be matriculating as an MS4 this year and graduating in 2011.
I'm speaking about residency issues as if it were upcoming because it *is* upcoming. Just like you have to apply to med school a year early, you have to apply for residency a year early as well--I'm getting ready to apply for residency as we speak.Oh, ok. I've seen you recently speak of residency issues as if it were upcoming. I was about to wish you congratulations and good luck with your match. Now, I won't. 😛
How do people get so comfortable living in a fishbowl like that.
Any of you OG's face similar awkwardness?
I'm speaking about residency issues as if it were upcoming because it *is* upcoming. Just like you have to apply to med school a year early, you have to apply for residency a year early as well--I'm getting ready to apply for residency as we speak.
This year's grads have already matched. The next allo match is in March 2011, and that's the one I'll be entered in. So you can still wish me luck for the match. 🙂

I think so. I've been confirmed by the dept. but still waiting to hear back from the med school. Until I do, I'm not going to go getting housing just yet....Got your aways set up Q?
Thanks. 🙂Well, congrats and good luck then Q!![]()
Awesome, I'm really excited for you. But please don't totally disappear from SDN once you start internship, ok? 🙂I'm leaving 6/9 for Michigan. Orientation starts 6/14. My family should be joining me two weeks later when the kids are done with school and the house is all packed up.
). Q, if you can change my answer, I would be very grateful. Changed one 25 to a 24. 🙂I just realized I voted incorrectly. I will be 24 going on 25 (I, for some reason, clicked 25). I hope this isn't some bad omen about not getting into medical school this year (God forbid). Q, if you can change my answer, I would be very grateful.
Best of luck.I am looking forward to being optimistic, and getting accepted this year 😀

De nada. 🙂
Muchos gracias.
So far, 28 does appear to be the mode. Of course, this "bell curve" is going to have massive right-skewing....and already does.I'm 28 and starting med school this August. Looks like I'm in good company 🙂
. . . The next allo match is in March 2011, and that's the one I'll be entered in. So you can still wish me luck for the match. 🙂
Those of you who picked 22 or 23 know what "nontrad" means, don't you? Even 24 is really pushing it... thats like taking year off after undergrad before applying.
:sigh:
This has been beaten to death, so let me just summarize:
Age != nontrad.
You can have different paths to medicine and still be young. Otherwise this forum would have been called the Geezer Pre-Meds, not non-traditional.
Okay, I apologize if my previous post came of harsh.
How can your path to MS be nontrad if you completed a 4 year degree in 4 or 5 years? I just don't see it. Can I get some examples?
26 now but I'll be 27 in July so technically I'll be 28 when I start Med School, assuming I'll get in for 2011. I feel like I'm 100 taking Ochem with a bunch of 19yr olds but I'm glad there are others out there.
😀 Here's to being old!
30 is the new 20.
I feel your pain! I'm 26 and was in an intro bio 2 class last semester with 18 year olds. I graduated from college before they were even in high school. Any time I tell them how old I am, they're like, "OMG, really?! WOW! You don't look that old". Gee, thanks. 🙄
Yeah, I'm getting that with some 19 year old kiddies. A girl was talking to me the other day, asked how old I was, and when I told her (I'm 28) her eyes got big as saucers, and she said pretty loudly "dang, you're older than my brother!" Of course my reply was, "how old is he?" She said "he's already 23!"
I'm like ummm yeah I guess I am an old fart. 😡
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.