Barry Universtiy Post-bacc Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wclubin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
lkajsdfas

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a happy graduate of Barry's MS in Biomedical Science program. I was in the Track 1: 1 year program. The courses you take there are very similar to the courses that a first year medical student takes like Histology, Gross Anatomy with lab, Biochem, Physiology, Micro, Neuroanatomy, and some 2nd year classes like Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology.

I learned a lot and I hope that it all helps me do a little better in medical school. It certainly helped me get into medical school. Before completing the program, I had 2 interviews, 2 waitlists and 0 acceptances. After completing the program I had 8 interviews with 3 acceptances and 5 waitlists which I withdrew from and I'm going to one of my original top choices. This program helped me a lot to improve my application, as well as others who were in my class.

Some people in my class were non-traditional students that applied to medical school multiple times (one guy 3 times) and were accepted because of they did well in the program. The guy who applied 3 times before got in the 4th time and just finished his first year at Ohio State. Barry's program also promotes some stat that they have 90% accepted to medical school after completing the program. I doubt that its that high, and it takes into account that many of them eventually go the Osteopathic route, but if you do really well in the program, it will greatly improve your application to any medical school.

PM if you have any questions about the program.

lkajsdfasd

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hey wclubin,

first off, i went to school in VA and VTech has NO chance against the hurricanes:) anyhow, i just wanted to let you know that miami U. also has a "pre-med post-bac." program. they have advisors and everything and i looked into it last year, but just came to the realization it was too expensive. ultimately, as long as you complete your pre-med prereqs at a 4 year college, it won't matter where you go. i've heard good things about barry U., but anywhere is fine. good luck wclubin.

Originally posted by wclubin
That is the kind of thing I was looking to hear, thanks. It is kind of expensive there. Do you know about the financial aid there for that program?

BTW I am a Virginia Tech alumni and I think tech is gonna crush the huricane football team this year.

:clap:

First off, Miami is going to kill V Tech. We might have a new QB, but the team is just too good at every other position.

The financial aid office is very helpful with getting you all the loans you need plus any other money that you might need to live on. If you run out in the middle of the semester they will find a way to help you get some more loans (probably aternative loans in that case).

I want to mention one more thing about the program at Barry. Its pretty damn tough. I worked my ass off to do well in it and so did many others. Some people did not do that well and for them it was just a waste of money because its not going to help them get into medical school. If anything, their performance proved that they can't handle medical school. The MS that you get is pretty much useless unless you want to go into teaching high school science classses. So if you decide on Barry or any other program thats the similar to this, take it really seriously and work hard or else you will just be wasting money.

lkjasdfasdf

Last edited: