Schools that do NOT require separate DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

torque

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, let's start a list of schools that do not require separate set of DAT scores.
*edit* upon further reflection, I think we should put both that require and don't require separate DAT.

Schools that do NOT require separate DAT

UF - courtesy of eilrahcmi from the other thread
Boston
Columbia
- thanks sweetbitna
ASDOH
Midwestern
USC

BU - thanks ah1989
University of Kentucky - thanks elirahcmi
UMDNJ - thanks elirahcmi
UConn - thanks whoknows5
UPenn - thanks krnkimsung
Case School of Dental Medicine (CWR)
University of Detroit Mercy (UDM)
University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry (UOP)
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine (CUL)
- thanks darkwalk
MICH
Creighton
- thanks sahiwal

Schools that DO require separate DAT
Western
Loma Linda
UDM
UNLV

Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU)
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University (TEMP)
University of Pennsylvania (PENN)
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sorry to say this, but I won't completely rely on the information from SDNers...

No offense, just heads up...:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
edit: this is just a summary of the 2011 supplementary info, which is said to be INACCURATE X|

UA Birmingham
UCSF
LLU
UColorado
Midwestern- IL
UI Chicago
Indiana U
UNJ
Stony
Chapel
Temple
San Antonio
UW

Only when admissions contacts you:

Howard
UT Houston

Faxed Unofficial Copies?
OSU
Oklahoma

according to 2011 supplemental info

Last edited:
sorry to say this, but I won't completely rely on the information from SDNers...

No offense, just heads up...:xf:

Even though this is a forum full of information, you have to remember this IS on the internet and whatever info you get online, you have to take it with a grain of salt. With that said, I see awful lot of people asking questions and getting answers, shouldn't this be the same? BUT, if you have doubts, just call up and ask the schools !!

what does it mean if they require it seperately? you have to ask ADA to send them scores agaiN?

i havent taken the DAT yet so forgive me if im asking rly dumb questions

what does it mean if they require it seperately? you have to ask ADA to send them scores agaiN?

It means besides the DAT scores given on your AADSAS application (through entering your DENTPIN), you will also have to order a DAT score report to be sent to the school from ADA. When you sign up for the DAT you get 5 free score reports and after that they are $25 each.

Random thought.. they should have a "make it rain" emoticon.

It means besides the DAT scores given on your AADSAS application (through entering your DENTPIN), you will also have to order a DAT score report to be sent to the school from ADA. When you sign up for the DAT you get 5 free score reports and after that they are $25 each.

Random thought.. they should have a "make it rain" emoticon.

****, i chose schools that dont need a score report in my first five... can i change those?

i picked USC, BU, NYU, UCSF, UCLA, USC

****, i chose schools that dont need a score report in my first five... can i change those?

i picked USC, BU, NYU, UCSF, UCLA, USC

You cannot change your designations.

Okay guys here's a new update.

I just got off the phone with about 7 schools and they all are a bit lost.
I'll update the list on the top that do NOT require the DAT score separately.
And disregard the supplemental pdf for DAT for now since it was proven to be inaccurate.
Please list the schools that you CALLED and CONFIRMED.
ADA is supposed to have a meeting this week and let the schools know as far as what to do with the DAT scores, so we should know something by the end of this week (told by admission official).

BTW, Loma Linda DOES require separate DAT score (called and confirmed).

Okay guys here's a new update.

I just got off the phone with about 7 schools and they all are a bit lost.
I'll update the list on the top that do NOT require the DAT score separately.
And disregard the supplemental pdf for DAT for now since it was proven to be inaccurate.
Please list the schools that you CALLED and CONFIRMED.
ADA is supposed to have a meeting this week and let the schools know as far as what to do with the DAT scores, so we should know something by the end of this week (told by admission official).

BTW, Loma Linda DOES require separate DAT score (called and confirmed).

I spoke with Western University this morning and they said they DO require separate DAT scores to be sent

Thanks torque for doing this. I'm going to call some schools tomorrow and hopefully find out more.

i think this thread is a great idea. everyones calling different schools so why not combine our knowledge together. of course, ppl can trust the info at their own risk, but thats a given...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have some info from calling these schools:

Answer to the Q: Do you still need to send in your official score from ADA to the school?

Tufts: TBD, they are contacting me once their admissions officer deliberates..
BU: No
Detroit Mercy: Yes
Columbia: No
UPenn: Yes

Now, I realize that some schools are still in the midst of figuring all of this out... so i recommend asking for yourself when you're ready to send stuff in bc i think everyone is kind of getting different answers.

use this info just to get an idea to prepare, but double check!

yeah, it's looking like each school will make their own decision on whether they need it or not

but honestly, I think the ones that say they DO need it are confused (like us) about this situation (or don't want to deal with it, so they tell you to send it in anyway) because it's not like we can fudge the numbers... they might change their mind after the meeting with AADSAS

I would double check later in the week

I just received this email from my prehealth advisor. I'm sorry if it's already been posted elsewhere in the forum.

With the launch of the 2011 ADEA AADSAS application, we are receiving inquiries from both applicants and advisors about the importing of official DAT scores into the AADSAS application. This is the first year that official DAT scores are being imported directly into ADEA AADSAS and questions have been raised about how this works. ADEA AADSAS and the American Dental Association Department of Testing Services are addressing these inquiries now.

ADEA AADSAS does not anticipate any delays in processing ADEA AADSAS applications with imported DAT scores. ADEA AADSAS will start sending applications to dental schools in late June.

Here are several points we can clarify now:

· When registering for the DAT, students and others are getting the impression that they should request their scores to be sent to ADEA AADSAS. This is not the case. Students should select the schools that are to receive their scores. The ADA will transmit scores to the appropriate recipient, i.e., ADEA AADSAS if the school participates, TMDSAS for Texas residents applying to Texas schools, or to individual schools if the school does not participate in a centralized application service.

· ADEA AADSAS matches each applicant’s DENTPIN to DAT score reports and imports applicants’ scores into the ADEA AADSAS application. ADEA AADSAS will then distribute the official DAT scores to all schools designated in the ADEA AADSAS application.

· DAT registrants should not request that a DAT score report be sent to ADEA AADSAS by indicating AADSAS as an “other” recipient. (Students should use “other” only to request score reports for themselves or other organizations/institutions--those scores are transmitted in paper reports.)

· Applicants are asking when they will know that their DAT scores have been received by ADEA AADSAS. Applicants can review the Status section of their applications to see the date that DAT scores have been downloaded into their ADEA AADSAS applications. DAT scores are imported into ADEA AADSAS on a weekly basis. The first import of DAT scores will occur before the first distribution of applications to schools in late June.

We apologize for any conflicting messaging that you may have received from ADEA AADSAS and the ADA Department of Testing Services. We will keep you informed if additional questions arise.

Anne Wells, Ed.D.

ADEA Associate Executive Director

Division of Educational Pathways

Laura Neumann, DDS, MPH

ADA Interim Director of Testing Services

Kentucky does NOT require you to send a second score report. Talked to them this morning over the phone.

UMDNJ does NOT require an additional score report from ADA. Phone call this morning.

Has anyone heard anything from UConn or Pittsburgh? I've called both a few times, but no one's answered the phone.

Has anyone heard anything from UConn or Pittsburgh? I've called both a few times, but no one's answered the phone.

I just got off the phone with UConn. They say they DON'T require it.

Apprently, UPenn doesn't require a separate report from ADA?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ELSIE H. LOYOLA to me

Thank you for your interested in our program. Please be advice that Univ. of PENN will not be receiving an additional DAT report from students.
Sincerely,
Elsie Loyola
Admissions Coordinator
University of Pennsylvania
School of Dental Medicine
240 S. 40th Street
Philadelphia , PA 19104
(215) 898-8943
(215) 573-9648 Fax

Schools that require DAT score sent from ADA:

Schools that are awesome:
University of Southern California Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry (USC)

I called in a couple of schools... u can add MICH and creighton to the list of awesome schools :) anyone heard bout USN, midwestern(illinois), ILL chicago, tufts?
Thanks for the wonderful thread:)

Schools that require DAT score sent from ADA:

Schools that are awesome:
University of Southern California Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry (USC)

ok so we have one saying UPENN does require DAT and another one doesn't.

Anybody can confirm?

BU, Buffalo, Mich, Tufts, NYU, UOP don't need extra.

ok so we have one saying UPENN does require DAT and another one doesn't.

Anybody can confirm?

I called a few days ago, and the lady said they require it..But she was cutting me off and sounded very busy wanting to hang up asap. She didn't even let me start to talk about DENTPIN thing..

ok so the other threads sorta confused me but the schools that do not require us to send DAT score reports are the ones that can view our scores on AADSAS even if v did not specify them in the first 5 schools for ADA reports ... right? i hope i am on the same page :confused:
p.s. im sorry if i ruined d main purpose of the thread..

ok neva mind .. i had to dig a lil more... i think i got my answer :p sheesh i heard contradictory statements in diff threads... neways my bad! :p :D

Where do you guys go to "order" the DAT scores to be sent off?

I called Maryland and they REQUIRE separate DAT score.
Actually, they don't seem to know whats going on I guess. I explained AADSAS imported DAT score but she didn't understand it.

I called ADA this morning to ask about the whole confusion on the dentpin and DAT score reports. He said that whatever schools you designate on AADSAS will be able to see your DAT scores regardless if you pay ada to release them. However the scores they see are technically "unofficial" and it is up to the schools to decide whether or not they will take them. Sorry if this is redundant, after reading all the threads I was still confused as to whether the schools would see the scores if I didn't pay the fee. Oh and also if you paid the $285 to take your dat you won't have to worry about paying $25 for any reports.

These are the schools I called and said they DO NOT required an official DAT score report:

Tufts
VCU- as long as you designate VCU on AADSAS
UoP
Midwestern- AZ
ASDOH
USC
Temple
BU
Western- for american DAT
NYU

If they say an official report is required, I would call again to talk to someone else bc NYU told me they required it at first but the 2nd lady clarified that they dont need it

So for the schools that say they do not need an official score report from the ADA, will they still see the scores on my application if I never originally marked them when applying to take the DAT?

Yes they wud still c ur scores! :)

n i called up midwestern illinois, they do not require separate score report!

im still waiting to hear from USN and ILL( chicago).... been more than a week, they dint reply back..... does anyone else have any idea bout whther they rquire or not! thanks !

This thread isn't helping I don't think the schools even know.

one person said:
"I called Maryland and they REQUIRE separate DAT score.
Actually, they don't seem to know whats going on I guess. I explained AADSAS imported DAT score but she didn't understand it"

but i received this email today:

"Your scores should be official as we do not accept unofficial or faxed copies of the DAT’s. However, when you take the DAT’s, as long as you name the University of Maryland as one of the schools you wish to receive the scores, we will have them when your AADSAS application arrives. Hope this information helps."

So do they or not? and say the email I received was correct, what about if I didn't name them, then they do need extra scores sent?

and VCU is on the "does need" list but they said this today

"
[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The DAT scores reported to AADSAS are official scores.".

I called up VCU n they said they require it :)
i sent one to them!

one person said:
Actually, they don't seem to know whats going on I guess. I explained AADSAS imported DAT score but she didn't understand it"

"Your scores should be official as we do not accept unofficial or faxed copies of the DAT’s. However, when you take the DAT’s, as long as you name the University of Maryland as one of the schools you wish to receive the scores, we will have them when your AADSAS application arrives. Hope this information helps."

So do they or not? and say the email I received was correct, what about if I didn't name them, then they do need extra scores sent?

"
[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The DAT scores reported to AADSAS are official scores.".

one person said:

"

I called Maryland and the person on the phone says that they DO REQUIRE an official DAT report. Hope this helps.

Is there anyone who called UCLA and UCSF?

I called this morning but it seems they are busy....no one is answering my call...

UCLA and UCSF are schools that require separate report????

Is there anyone who called UCLA and UCSF?

I called this morning but it seems they are busy....no one is answering my call...

UCLA and UCSF are schools that require separate report????

ucsf does not need it.
ucla has not decided yet. they will email you when they start processing your application.

So, for Detroit Mercy, do we need to send the DAT score report or not? We have contradicting statements listed above. Thanks

Just got off the phone with Louisville, no need for separate DAT score sent, they will take what's on AADSAS

I just spoke to L-ville also. It seems like they DONT require sep. reports as long as the AADSAS DAT scores are marked "official".... not quite sure what tha means

okay guys, UMDNJ is definitely a school that does not require a report from the ADA, just called, and the officer could not have been more clear.

Ok... you know what, I have no idea what is going on anymore. The admissions officer from Case Western said the AADSAS scores are fine but we have to select the school as one of the schools to receive the DAT scores. I think everyone is pretty confused at this point.

Bad news, UOP does require you send scores from the ADA if you did not list them as one of the 5 schools when you registered for the DAT.