LSU - What have you heard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mudfever

Still Searching
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, Predents shows 2 interviews scheduled for LSU for October. Anyone on here know the 2 people? I am very interested in finding out when they heard about the interviews. There is nothing posted in the interview thread.

Thanks,

Mud

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, just an FYI.

I spoke with one of the people and they said that they received an email on 9/10 around 2PM with the interview invite.

Mud

Hey Mud,

I was also invited to interview at LSU. I was notified via e-mail on 9/13 around 1pm.

Did you apply? Where are you from?
Hope my info helps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Want2B,

Thanks for the post. When were you complete? When is your interview? Are you a LA resident?

Yeah, I applied to LSU. Hoping to hear something soon. I am in Shreveport.

Mud

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Mud. I haven't heard from LSU either. When did you applied? Thanks

Hey,

Glad to see some other LA people on here.

I submitted 7/4, mailed 7/23, took the DAT 8/11, mailed scores 9/3, LOR's submitted 8/30 and mailed 9/10. I mailed my supplemental 8/13.

Hoping to hear something soon. Good luck.

Mud

Hey Mud,

I submitted on 6/23, they were mailed on 6/25, and LSU confirmed receiving my AADSAS App on 7/6. I received a supplementary application from LSU on 8/6. My interview is on Oct. 8th! :)

I am an Arkansas resident. I don't know if they might do outstate applicants first? I noticed that there is another AR resident and a TX resident that are scheduled to interview on Oct. 8th as well.

Congrats to those with an interview. It seems to be OOS'ers right now. Good Luck to you guys/gals.

Mud

Want2,

Did your AADSAS change from Rec/AppComp to Invite?

Mine has said Rec/AppComp since back in Aug and under the Supp Tab it still shows no DAT scores recevied. I emailed Mrs. Ritchie and she confirmed my app was complete. I was just wondering if they update AADSAS?

Thanks,

Mud

It took several days for AADSAS to change the status, but it now reads "invited to interview." Before it just said something like "Application Complete/Under Review"

Good Luck! Have you heard anything yet?

Thanks Want2.

Nothing Yet. But you were complete 2 days after I submitted.

I Hope to hear something soon. It seems that there aren't that many Louisiana residents on SDN.

Mud

Another Louisiana resident here...

I am really curious if any in state applicants have received interviews, and have just not posted on predents and SDN.

Mud, you might be right. They may be interviewing all out of state applicants first then they will bring in the in state students. Not sure it makes complete sense, but I hope it is the case.

I just want to know...I can't take the waiting! :)

When did you apply Ninja dentistry?I know the feeling because i checked my email constantly ! good luck :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I haven't heard anything from LSU either. I'm in state as well - Hopefully they're just picking their out of state people...:xf:

I completed my secondary app back in early August, and my status on AADSAS has been Received/Application Complete since then.

Another LA resident here... I also have not heard anything from LSU. Best of luck to all of us! :xf:

i am an la resident and i got an interview invitation this week for the end of this month

i am an la resident and i got an interview invitation this week for the end of this month

Congrats!! Good Luck!

And if you don't mind, I second RDH's request. When did you submit, when were you complete, scores, GPA's? Thanks.

Mud

Last edited:
Ohh, and welcome RDHtoDDS, rg2010, Ninja Dentistry, and Melnado110! Good luck to all of you.

Mud

Congrats!! Good Luck!

And if you don't mind, I second RDH's request. When did you submit, when were you complete, scores, GPA's? Thanks.

Mud

no problem! i submitted in june and think i was complete in july bc of one of my evals. 20 dat, 3.5 gpa. and thanks!!

Hi LA residents,

I just received my interview invitation from LSU today. Do you have any tips for LSU interview such how to practice for interview question sections? thanks all and good luck :)

Congrats Dream1! When were you complete? Good Luck and start carving that chalk. LSU BR has a predent site that used to list the questions. But now I can't find them on the site. When I met with Dr. Ritchie earlier this year, he told me that he wanted to change the questions since they had been the same ones for years. Don't know if that happened or not.

I spoke with a friend who's still in school and he said a girl from school has an interview this month in NO. She found out a week or two ago. She was complete around the first of July and she has a 20AA. She is an Instate applicant.

Hopefully we all start hearing something soon.

And good luck to all those interviewing tomorrow!

Mud

Last edited:
Thanks for the Congrats Mud :) I am instate too and I submit my application on 7/4, mailed 7/23, supplementary on 8/10, but one of my letter of recommendation was delayed and did not mailed until 9/24. I'm very nervous about the interview questions because I had checked LSU predent website but did not see those questions anymore. If anyone happened to save those questions before they took off the site, I would appreciate it if you can pm to me :) Good luck to all applicants and Mud, i'm sure you will hear from LSU soon since you submitted your app. almost same time as me. Keep us posted!
Dream1

I'm very nervous about the interview questions because I had checked LSU predent website but did not see those questions anymore. If anyone happened to save those questions before they took off the site, I would appreciate it if you can pm to me :) Good luck to all applicants and Mud, i'm sure you will hear from LSU soon since you submitted your app. almost same time as me. Keep us posted!
Dream1

Thanks for the info Dream1.

I second that notion, as I didn't save the questions when I looked at them back in the spring. Thanks.

Mud

Hi LA residents,

I just received my interview invitation from LSU today. Do you have any tips for LSU interview such how to practice for interview question sections? thanks all and good luck :)

How did you receive your interview invite? Was it emailed to you? or was it via snailmail?

I received the interview invitation by email. Good luck :)

Hi, I am out-of-state. I just confirmed my interview at LSU today. I was contacted on 10-7 by email. My interview date is 11-5.
I sent in my AADSAS early July. DAT scores were submitted 8-25. Supplementary mailed 8-26.
DAT AA 20.
I couldn't find the questions on the LSU pre-dent site but I googled "lsu dentistry interview questions" and there was a word doc for the second result with what I'm assuming are the questions. Do y'all think these are still accurate?
Hope my input helps. Best of luck to all of you.

Thanks for the post and info Maverick. Good Luck!

I have not seen those questions before when I searched google. Thanks again.

Mud

Any news out there on LSU? It's been 2 weeks and I am going crazy!!!!

Hey Ninja - are you in state?
I called LSU today and they said they've been giving out in state interviews since October 1st!!

Last edited:
Hi, I am out-of-state. I just confirmed my interview at LSU today. I was contacted on 10-7 by email. My interview date is 11-5.
I sent in my AADSAS early July. DAT scores were submitted 8-25. Supplementary mailed 8-26.
DAT AA 20.
I couldn't find the questions on the LSU pre-dent site but I googled "lsu dentistry interview questions" and there was a word doc for the second result with what I'm assuming are the questions. Do y'all think these are still accurate?
Hope my input helps. Best of luck to all of you.
where are these questions posted, I do not see a link for them. If possible, could someone send me the list questions? Thanks and good luck!

Interview Invite!!!!!!

Interview Dec 3rd. :D

Instate
AADSAS Final Mailing Date 9/10/2010
Sup Mailed 8/13/2010
I received an email this morning. AADSAS has not changed yet.

Good Luck to everyone!

Mud

Interview Invite!!!!!!

Interview Dec 3rd. :D

Instate
AADSAS Final Mailing Date 9/10/2010
Sup Mailed 8/13/2010
I received an email this morning. AADSAS has not changed yet.

Good Luck to everyone!

Mud
:D grats!

Mud, that is so awesome. Very happy for you! Good luck.

Start carving that chalk!! :)

Thanks ajusf16 and ninja!

I have been working on my chalk. I am waiting for the lady in NO to get more in. Nowhere in north LA that I have found carries the big chalk.

Good luck to everyone!

Mud

I ordered three boxes from office depot/max...one of those. They are not the best pieces, but it definitely prepares you for getting a crappy piece of chalk. The things are not even remotely straight or smooth. :)

they're not doing anymore out of state interviews. talked to them today.

I interviewed in October and the questions have changed a little. Some are the same but he has added new ones. And as far as the chalk, practice on bad pieces because the ones they give you are not the best! Good luck!

Interview December 17th!!!:D

Congratulations!! Start carving your chalk! Good Luck!

Mine is this Friday. I will try and post a little feedback on here.

Mud

Hi. This is my first time posting anything. I was just looking for some info. I sent in my supp application the Mon. before thanksgiving and am just waiting to hear back from the school. I was wondering if someone could let me know if being asked to send in the supplemental application means that I am definately going to get an interview or if it is still not guarenteed. I am really nervous and can't stop checking my e-mail every 10 seconds. I am an in-state resident.

Generally it means you have an interview. Something like 99%. Be patient it will happen.