Official acceptances! c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psilovethomas

...so now what?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would start this thread. I received my acceptance letter to Michigan State CVM on 10/14 for the c/o 2016 (early admit).

Michigan State CVM: psilovethomas(10/14; c/o 2016)

Members don't see this ad.

Way to go, PS!

Makes me excited to learn my fate. I'd be willing to miss Christmas (my favorite holiday) this year if it meant I could travel forward in time and receive a "Congratulations, you've been admitted..." email.

That sure must take a load off of your mind. You'll be floating on air for weeks, I'll bet! Good for you!

That sure must take a load off of your mind. You'll be floating on air for weeks, I'll bet! Good for you!
Thanks! I've been having trouble falling asleep the last few nights because I'm just so darn excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!! That's super exciting! While the rest of us are going insane next year during the app cycle, you can just point and laugh. :laugh:

Congrats!!! That's super exciting! While the rest of us are going insane next year during the app cycle, you can just point and laugh. :laugh:
No! I will be here to cheer everyone on!:highfive:

just bumping this thread because I've read about other people getting accepted

I received my official acceptance email from Royal Veterinary College on Nov 1st!!

Yay vetbound! time to add yourself to the list!

Michigan State CVM: psilovethomas(10/14; c/o 2016)
Royal Veterinary College: vetbound (11/1)
Ohio State University CVM: goldnretrivrgrl (OOS, interview 12/10, phone call 12/10)

That's great GRG! Did they call you on your way home from the interview?:)

That's great GRG! Did they call you on your way home from the interview?:)
Thanks ARF! :) Yes, I had a 10:30 interview and spent all day at the tour, etc. My dad and I had just arrived back at our hotel around 4:40-4:45 and my interviewer from this morning called to tell me I'd been accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
GRG that is phenomenal news!! Congrats!!:clap:

I have officially been invited for an interview to the class of 2015 @ Western University Of Health Science :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

woah people are getting accepting already?! congratulations! I'm interviewing at OSU on Monday--anyone have any tips?? i can't figure out how to wear snowboots with my suit haha! SOOO nervous

i can't figure out how to wear snowboots with my suit haha! SOOO nervous

of all things to stress about, don't stress about this! it snowed about 4 inches the day of my OSU interview last year. i wore my snow boots for most of the day apart from my actual interview (of course) and the "hanging around time" just before my interview. You do a fair amount of walking on the tour (which, at least last year, included brief jaunts outside in between buildings) and lots of people were in sensible-but-clashing-with-their-suits shoes for that. I just brought my interview shoes with me in my bag. I wouldn't worry about it! Good luck and congrats to everyone!

I just brought my interview shoes with me in my bag. I wouldn't worry about it! Good luck and congrats to everyone!

yup i agree! if the weather is crummy just wear w/e shoes are necessary to "survive" the weather so you don't fall on ur butt and ruin ur outfit!! wear them all day and on the tour, then just change into your dress shoes for the 15 min-45min interview. This will also ensure that there isn't salt residue or mud on your nice dress shoes

I just brought my interview shoes with me in my bag. I wouldn't worry about it! Good luck and congrats to everyone!

I was stuck in the blackout at the Blackwell last year so they put me in the Hilton Gardens for the night. I had my suitcases and everything with me when I walked into the building in the morning. The admission people who I checked-in with were nice enough to store my bags in a room until I was done. I definitely wouldn't worry that much the shoes. :D

For those who have already interviewed, how much are you outside for the tour? It suppose to be snowing and im trying to figure out if I should wear warmer clothes in the morning and just change before my interview, or if its mostly inside and I will be ok in my suit. Thanks!

sorry guys, I posted this on the wrong thread and cant figure out how to delete it!

Got an email from Murdoch in Austalia right after my Ohio interview, said they are offering me a spot and the official invite should be here by Christmas :):):):) Now do I even bother with the other interviews? lol

Michigan State CVM: psilovethomas(10/14; c/o 2016), whir (OOS, 11/5)
Ohio State University CVM: goldnretrivrgrl (OOS, interview 12/10, phone call 12/10)
University of Melbourne: whir (12/7)

whoops did my post wrong! :D

Murdoch: FleurNoire (email 12/10)

I posted the humorous & embarrassing story of how I found out on the Ohio State Applicants thread and then had to go to work! Sorry I didn't get a chance to post here as well! But it was the best phone call ever!! Can't wait to meet all my future classmates!!!

Ohio State University CVM: goldnretrivrgrl (OOS, interview 12/10, phone call 12/10) Jakesmom (IS, interview 12/13, phone call 12/14)

Murdoch: FleurNoire (email 12/10)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I have been waiting for THREE YEARS to post in this thread. I can't even begin to express how happy I am! Be persistent, and eventually your dreams can come true!

Ohio State University CVM: goldnretrivrgrl (OOS, interview 12/10, phone call 12/10) Jakesmom (IS, interview 12/13, phone call 12/14), gone2dogs (OOS, I:12/10, phone call 12/14)

Last edited:
YAY G2D!!! I knew that phone call was good news!!!

OMG! YAY gone2dogs.
You give hope to the rest of us third-timers...I'm so excited for you!!!!

I have been waiting for THREE YEARS to post in this thread. I can't even begin to express how happy I am! Be persistent, and eventually your dreams can come true!

Ohio State University CVM: goldnretrivrgrl (OOS, interview 12/10, phone call 12/10) Jakesmom (IS, interview 12/13, phone call 12/14), gone2dogs (OOS, I:12/10, phone call 12/14)

Congrats gone2dogs!!! :D

Is there a 'Successful applicant stats c/o 2015' yet?

If no, there needs to be one!

:)!!!!

Ohio State University CVM: goldnretrivrgrl (OOS, interview 12/10, phone call 12/10) Jakesmom (IS, interview 12/13, phone call 12/14), gone2dogs (OOS, I:12/10, phone call 12/14), Evie1923 (IS, interview 12/14, phone call 12/14)

:)!!!!

Ohio State University CVM: goldnretrivrgrl (OOS, interview 12/10, phone call 12/10) Jakesmom (IS, interview 12/13, phone call 12/14), gone2dogs (OOS, I:12/10, phone call 12/14), Evie1923 (IS, interview 12/14, phone call 12/14)

Nice to meet you Evie! :hello:

Nice to meet you Evie! :hello:
Nice to meet you too! I'm originally from Pennsylvania and went to undergrad in Philly. I moved to Ohio last year for OSU's Master of Public Health program. Most of my friends and family are Penn State fans! :)

Well, you've totally won me over! :) I'm anticipating a difficult transition to being a Buckeye in a family where most of the people are Penn State grads...haha. Anyway congrats again and I will hopefully get to meet you in the fall! :)

Royal Veterinary College: vetbound (11/1), CuriousRACC (12/3)

Girlfriend was threatening to put it up if I didn't, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to writing about myself. But accepted to the 4 year accelerated without the interview, and I'm still hyped up about it 2 weeks later. Few more schools are contacting this week it looks like, looking forward to seeing more acceptances for SDNers, congrats everyone who's already in

Murdoch: FleurNoire (email 12/10), HAWAIIVET2011 (email 10/27)

University of Sydney: HAWAIIVET2011 (email 10/18)

Massey University: HAWAIIVET2011 (email 11/16 1st semester -did not qualify for 2nd due to missing prereqs)

Yay, congrats everyone! Now just waiting for Friday to hear about CSU and starting to prepare for Western's interview :)

Michigan State CVM: psilovethomas(10/14; c/o 2016), whir (OOS, 11/5), woodinator15 (OOS, 12/16, email)

Murdoch: FleurNoire (email 12/10), HAWAIIVET2011 (email 10/27)

University of Sydney: HAWAIIVET2011 (email 10/18)

Massey University: HAWAIIVET2011 (email 11/16 1st semester -did not qualify for 2nd due to missing prereqs

My time of running around my house, shouting, and scaring the crap out of my roommate's cat is over so I figured I'd post this. Sooo excited! :D

Congrats to everyone else who has heard back and good luck to those still waiting!

Didn't know MSU emailed admission offers. Congrats! Welcome to the Spartan family!

Thanks! Yeah I was surprised too. They sent the e-mail asking for an address to send the official letter to, which is weird because the attached acceptance letter had my address printed on the top.

Thanks! Yeah I was surprised too. They sent the e-mail asking for an address to send the official letter to, which is weird because the attached acceptance letter had my address printed on the top.
Congrats Woodinator!:D
If you don't mind me asking, did you interview with them first, or did they accept you without an interview?

If you don't mind me asking, did you interview with them first, or did they accept you without an interview?

I thought Michigan State doesn't do interviews...

Thanks! MSU doesn't do interviews, so yeah, I was accepted without one :p

Sorry:oops:! I don't know how I missed that one.