***Official UTHSCSA Dental School c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

I was just thinking about creating it :D Will see you there soon :p

So all the documents and those things they need like vaccination records and such information, we get in the mail within few days?

I was just thinking about creating it :D Will see you there soon :p

So all the documents and those things they need like vaccination records and such information, we get in the mail within few days?

yup! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a D4 at San Antonio, and just wanted to say congrats to everyone! I probably even interviewed some of y'all! If you have any questions, feel free to PM and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible (I do not check this thing very often anymore).

I also wanted to let y'all know, that unless things have changed, you will actually be receiving the packet of information regarding vaccinations, laptop, etc. in a couple months.

Congrats again on being accepted! Enjoy the next 7 months!

Congrats to everyone! We should start a facebook group.

any word on how long the offer is good for?

Congratulations everybody. As for the question about out of state applicants. I am from Idaho (out of state) and received an acceptance. If there are any others who are out of state please post that you are out of state and where you are from. San Antonio seems like an awesome school. If any of the more seasoned Texans want to give me an idea of what living in San Antonio or Texas is like that would be great. I'm guess it is a little different than Idaho. :)

Congrats to all of you that made it in to UTHSCSA!! I have an interview in a couple of weeks. How was the interview there? Any advice would be appreciated!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations everybody. As for the question about out of state applicants. I am from Idaho (out of state) and received an acceptance. If there are any others who are out of state please post that you are out of state and where you are from. San Antonio seems like an awesome school. If any of the more seasoned Texans want to give me an idea of what living in San Antonio or Texas is like that would be great. I'm guess it is a little different than Idaho. :)

Yes I live in apartment 1 bed and it's like $650 a month and it's good place to stay at. It's 5 to 10 minutes from school also :)plus it's Great living here. I moved here from India 7 years ago and it's just amazing. I love San Antonio :D :thumbup:

did anyone receive a phone call? I didn't. Just curious..

Need to make the group public so classes before you can see and respond to the posts.
Congratulations everyone!

Need to make the group public so classes before you can see and respond to the posts.
Congratulations everyone!

Okay I will make it public I was just copying what people had done in the past and they were private.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet all of you and start dental school!!:)

I was interviewed in August and di not receive an acceptance yet. Should I give up????

I was interviewed in August and di not receive an acceptance yet. Should I give up????

No, you shouldn't give up, its not over till you get a rejection email.

Is anyone planning on testing out of Biochem?

Congrats everyone! I was bummed Wednesday morning because I didn't have an email from San Antonio. I decided to check the spam box and there is was!!! I'm an out of stater from Phoenix. Can't wait to meet you all!

I am still having a tough time choosing between Baylor and San Antonio. I know all of you have decided to go to San Antonio. Can you share the reason why you decided to go to SA instead of Baylor since I guess most of you got acceptance from both schools. Also, if there is anyone with kids and family let me know as well.

Is anyone planning on testing out of Biochem?

I am thinking about it and good with Biochem also. But Let's see :p

I remember 2 years ago, my friend got into UTHSCSA and only 1 student passed it but he still took the course lol

Congrats everyone! I was bummed Wednesday morning because I didn't have an email from San Antonio. I decided to check the spam box and there is was!!! I'm an out of stater from Phoenix. Can't wait to meet you all!

lol mine was in the spam folder as well. When I finally checked it I was like "OMFG NO WAY"

Congrats

Oh, change the name to UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2015. Every class does that, so we can find each other easier. Just a suggestion : )

changed the name as suggested: UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2015

I am still having a tough time choosing between Baylor and San Antonio. I know all of you have decided to go to San Antonio. Can you share the reason why you decided to go to SA instead of Baylor since I guess most of you got acceptance from both schools. Also, if there is anyone with kids and family let me know as well.

I didn't get into Baylor so I can't comment on why SA is a better school than Baylor but I do have a family. My wife and I are excited about SA because we think it will be a great town for her and our kids (only one right now but our second will come soon) to live in while I'm busy in school. We've heard there's a really good young community there and tons to do (Sea World, Six Flags, Hill Country, River Walk, etc.).

I think it'll be easier if we had a page instead of a group =)

erm, in my experience (I administer the pre-dent club page at my university and I've tried both..) it is much easier to not only access but you could also do much more with it (should there be need.) I am not sure where I want to go yet, so if someone here is willing to administer the page I don't mind creating it =)

erm, in my experience (I administer the pre-dent club page at my university and I've tried both..) it is much easier to not only access but you could also do much more with it (should there be need.) I am not sure where I want to go yet, so if someone here is willing to administer the page I don't mind creating it =)

See I didnt know you could make multiple admin on an actual page thats why I created it the way I did. Thats fine with me, and I dont have a problem admin'ing it.

I received it too today...:)

So, after we send this back and say I accept, then they send another letter regarding documents and informations they need from us?

I received it too today...:)

So, after we send this back and say I accept, then they send another letter regarding documents and informations they need from us?

I assume thats how it works since we will need to start getting all our vacinations and stuff done and that takes quite a while.

I received mine as soon as I posted the question and just faxed my acceptance to them instead of wasting a stamp and time, I guess they can receive faxes on a Sat?

I assume thats how it works since we will need to start getting all our vacinations and stuff done and that takes quite a while.

I received mine as soon as I posted the question and just faxed my acceptance to them instead of wasting a stamp and time, I guess they can receive faxes on a Sat?

I was wondering the same if they receive fax today or not. So, I decided to wait until Monday. I'll do it around 10-11am and then call them just to varify. :p

I was wondering the same if they receive fax today or not. So, I decided to wait until Monday. I'll do it around 10-11am and then call them just to varify. :p

I went ahead and just sent an email to [email protected] asking if they would confirm that they received my intent to enroll form.

Do you know anything about scholarships? do we need to apply? or do they give them out based on where you were ranked on the incoming class? I would rather be early than late if we have to apply.

I went ahead and just sent an email to [email protected] asking if they would confirm that they received my intent to enroll form.

Do you know anything about scholarships? do we need to apply? or do they give them out based on where you were ranked on the incoming class? I would rather be early than late if we have to apply.

No Idea yet. We should receive all that information in our next mail letter regarding things they need. may be? but I am thinking about start working on FAFSA soon. At Least have it ready and then submit whenever it's time.

No Idea yet. We should receive all that information in our next mail letter regarding things they need. may be? but I am thinking about start working on FAFSA soon. At Least have it ready and then submit whenever it's time.

Thats probably good idea, I was looking at it last night but the main hold up is filing our taxes first. I think the e-filing starts around Jan 15th and then im sure the FAFSA opens up shortly after.

A bump for people who have been accepted to join the facebook group.

second round of acceptances being send out.....goodluck evry1 still waiting:)

Got mine 2day

UTHSCSA c/o 2015!!!!!

Congrats! dont forget to join our group.

second round of acceptances being send out.....goodluck evry1 still waiting:)

Got mine 2day

UTHSCSA c/o 2015!!!!!

I am so excited for everyone who has received their acceptances! Congratulations! Just wondering when you interviewed nainaaz?