Anyone get the NYUCD email notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bing12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings from the NYU College of Dentistry!

On behalf of our Admissions Office, I would like to advise you that your notification letter has been mailed.

If you reside in the United States, you should expect to receive your notification letter very soon, within 3-5 days (maybe sooner!). Please allow extra time for the letter to reach you, if you have a current address outside of the country.

Please note that NYUCD will not be reporting final statuses via the AADSAS portal. All of our correspondence regarding final status with the program is sent via postal mail.

To ensure the security of your application and admission status, please understand that our Admissions officers are not able to provide you with your status over the phone or via email.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
same! :D i freakin thought maybe they sent an email so we dont attack innocent mailmen for the rest of the week but clearly i was wrong haha :xf::xf::xf: gah

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the same email....i wonder what the letter will say..

I got it too!! WTH is it a Yes or a No or a maybe....

I got the same email....I wonder what the (maybe sooner) is...like how soon...ah cryptic

haha... if they sent that email out to people who got rejected or waitlisted, that proves we're all getting into dentistry so we can maximize the pain we cause our patients :)

the million dollar question is... did neone that interviewed NOT get the email notification?

I got it about an hour ago. I'm nearly certain its an acceptance because my interviewer told me pretty much that I'm in. So congrats to everyone!

I got it about an hour ago. I'm nearly certain its an acceptance because my interviewer told me pretty much that I'm in. So congrats to everyone!

dont be too certain! my interviewer told me i may or may not get in but most likely not! :(

the million dollar question is... did neone that interviewed NOT get the email notification?

This is the ultimate question...Maybe everyone that interviewed received this email.

Members don't see this ad :)
a rejection after that email would be brutal...

dont be too certain! my interviewer told me i may or may not get in but most likely not! :(

Your interviewer actually told you you are most likely not going to get in? What a douche.

That's a brutally 'honest' statement. I think you have a great shot! ;)

Do you remember who you interviewed with? Possibly the infamous NYU psychologist? :rolleyes:

well ik someone who's currently attending NYUCD and got this email. so its def not just everyone who was rejected or waitlisted

i assumed it was everyone who interviewed...but i could be wrong :xf: that i'm wronggg

someone on predents switched status to accepted for NYU

it wasnt the psychologist or an asian lady...some older guy that one of the students at the lunch said is her favorite and is realllly nice....

ummm at the beginning he said he wont be able to tell me if im in or not after the interview and then at the end of the interview he said well from the way this went i cant really say if youre going to get in or not and i said yes bc you told me you cant tell and he said no ive told other people sitting in your seat that theyre in and they get in but i dont know if its going to happen for you

:( i was ready to die after that!

and Mr beans i interviewed the same day as you!

it wasnt the psychologist or an asian lady...some older guy that one of the students at the lunch said is her favorite and is realllly nice....

ummm at the beginning he said he wont be able to tell me if im in or not after the interview and then at the end of the interview he said well from the way this went i cant really say if youre going to get in or not and i said yes bc you told me you cant tell and he said no ive told other people sitting in your seat that theyre in and they get in but i dont know if its going to happen for you

:( i was ready to die after that!

and Mr beans i interviewed the same day as you!

Man, that's a buzzkill.

I wonder who the first one will be to get the big envelope! I hope they sent them yesterday so we get them sooner than 3-5 days from now...

was he the psychologist guy or the Asian elder lady?

I got older Asian lady... she was mean! Asked me why I cared about money so much when I was taking about budget problems in various states... talk about twisting my words...

did anyone else have a small guy from Colombia? he was really nice :)

ddd, i'm sorry your interviewer said that. i honestly wouldnt stress about it until you have a letter in your hand

hmm last time it seemed a bunch of canadians got it first last time...guess we'll see

Just a heads up, I was interviewed at NYU and did NOT receive that email so I'm assuming it's for accepted applicants only. Congrats guys!

Just a heads up, I was interviewed at NYU and did NOT receive that email so I'm assuming it's for accepted applicants only. Congrats guys!

HUGE NEWS!

I'm crossing my figers for everyone!

Princess, I think you may get you dream wish of attending NYU. ;)

:xf::luck::xf:

Nvm I completely did not read the previous responses lol

That's extremely rude... I agree wait until you get your letter in hand bc they may have just been trying to see how you would react to the news.

If you don't mind me asking, who did you interview with?

Last edited:
Nvm I completely did not read the previous responses lol

That's extremely rude... I agree wait until you get your letter in hand bc they may have just been trying to see how you would react to the news.

If you don't mind me asking, who did you interview with?

i dont remember his name at all :/

statistics question.....email notification=acceptance?

check your spam folder...a friend told me that he had his in the spam folder

COME ON NYU..anyone else that had an interview there Not get an email?

HUGE NEWS!

I'm crossing my figers for everyone!

Princess, I think you may get you dream wish of attending NYU. ;)

:xf::luck::xf:

MR.BEANS, you got into UF bro, what else do you want from this application cycle LOL. Huge congratulations by the way

I previously posted that I hadn't received an email from NYU despite having interviewed there so I assumed it meant an acceptance. I just got the email though, so now I'm not sure what it means...

I previously posted that I hadn't received an email from NYU despite having interviewed there so I assumed it meant an acceptance. I just got the email though, so now I'm not sure what it means...

I think whoever had an interview there will get this e-mail. Dr.Meija said they will send a decision to everyone.

Just go outside and wait by your mail box LOL

I think whoever had an interview there will get this e-mail. Dr.Meija said they will send a decision to everyone.

Just go outside and wait by your mail box LOL

its too windy to do that. lol

Mail came, nothing from NYU... probably won't hear from them for a few days, at least.

Mail came, nothing from NYU... probably won't hear from them for a few days, at least.

it's a blizzard here...I don't think I'm even going to bother walking over to the mail place on my campus until at least tomorrow haha

Guys STOP freaking out yourself and everyone on here. They send out a standard email to everyone who interviewed at NYU. Your decision will come in the mail. This email is sent just so you know that your NYU letter is coming in the mail.....Geez!!! Talk about over analyzing things!!

Guys STOP freaking out yourself and everyone on here. They send out a standard email to everyone who interviewed at NYU. Your decision will come in the mail. This email is sent just so you know that your NYU letter is coming in the mail.....Geez!!! Talk about over analyzing things!!

LOL true say

do you think its going to be mailed to our permanent address or the current one we put on the supplement? i assumed it would be coming to school but i'm gonna call my parents to make sure :luck:

do you think its going to be mailed to our permanent address or the current one we put on the supplement? i assumed it would be coming to school but i'm gonna call my parents to make sure :luck:

Hey I.P, Dr.Meija told me that she will post mark letters earlier so that we would get it on Dec 1st , but that clearly that did not happen other wise you New Yorkers would get it first.