***Official UMKC c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalMO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The day is finally here! Congrats to all my fellow classmates. How exciting was the phone call. I got mine at 7:05am because I am on the west coast. Brutal but worth it. Are you guys in state? And where did you do undergrad!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone coming in!!! Im a first year now, so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message!

I wasn't immediately excited because the call woke me up from my beauty sleep, but after a min or two it finally hit me. So, I ate some wheaties for breakfast because I knew that I was a champion. I'm a NM applicant and did my undergad at UNM and looking forward for the change.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from Richie on my way to school this morning and cried out of joy the whole way! lol

Dr. Killip called me yesterday morning. I am in-state and I actually just got home from dropping off my deposit! Congrats to everyone.

Last edited:
Dr. Killip called me yesterday morning. I am in-state and went to school at Missouri Western State University. I actually just got home from dropping off my deposit! Congrats to everyone. What do you guys think about starting a facebook group? The classes of 2012, 2013, and 2014 all have them.

Just set it up now.. We had one up Dec 1 lol

Just set it up now.. We had one up Dec 1 lol

I would, but the way you start a group now on facebook involves having one member in your friends list. I don't know a single person in my class so it won't let me make a group.

First of all, congrats on those who were accepted. For those of us who are applying in future years, what were your gpa, science gpa, dat scores, observation hours, and community service hours, and where you got your under-grad work done at if anyone doesn't mind sharing!

Thanks!

First of all, congrats on those who were accepted. For those of us who are applying in future years, what were your gpa, science gpa, dat scores, observation hours, and community service hours, and where you got your under-grad work done at if anyone doesn't mind sharing!

Thanks!

So, my GPA was a 3.71 overall and my sGPA was a 3.77. I went to Missouri Western State University for undergrad and graduated in May 2010 with a Biology degree. My DAT scores were on the low side, but I felt I could make up for that with all of the research I was involved with. I had AA18, TS 18, PAT 17. I took the DAT when I was burnt out from a tough semester and didn't have Organic II yet. These scores are very mediocre and if I wouldn't have gotten in this cycle, I would have re-taken in a heartbeat. I had over 350 hours volunteering and about the same for shadowing. I shadowed at 8 offices (perio, ortho, oral surgery, endo, and 4 general practitioners). I hope this helps. Just show the admissions people at the school that you want to be at UMKC for your dental education. I made it to the school to shadow and talk as often as I could. Richie Bigham and Sarah Major are amazing at their job and will help you with any questions/concerns you may have. G'luck! PM me if you have any more questions.

Got the call from Richie today. I have been accepted into Creighton and Colorado also; but it seems as though the awesome snowboarding and outdoor environment in Colorado is influencing my decision. Does anyone know about outdoor/snowboarding opportunities near UMKC? Oh...and CONGRATS to everyone who will be future dentists!!!

Got the call from Richie today. I have been accepted into Creighton and Colorado also; but it seems as though the awesome snowboarding and outdoor environment in Colorado is influencing my decision. Does anyone know about outdoor/snowboarding opportunities near UMKC? Oh...and CONGRATS to everyone who will be future dentists!!!

This is the closest thing we have. http://www.skisnowcreek.com/

The place is called Snow Creek and while it's fun, it's no Colorado. Just as an aside... I know that a bunch of kids from the class of 2014 at UMKC are in Colorado right now on a ski trip.