***** Official Howard C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread *****

Predent007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my acceptance via email a few hours ago... My brain almost exploded!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Been waiting a really long time to be posting on one of these ... see you guys in August

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my application yesterday (PA 24 AA 20 TS 20 GPA: 3.01), and I wanted to know if I have any chance in getting in??! Any and all critiques and suggestions are welcome!

I sent in my application yesterday (PA 24 AA 20 TS 20 GPA: 3.01), and I wanted to know if I have any chance in getting in??! Any and all critiques and suggestions are welcome!

Your scores are good. Your only problem imo is that its late in the cycle for a new app. I applied late last year too and only landed up getting one interview, then rejected. Everyone on SDN and from the schools "HIGHLY" recommend early application. I suggest that you call the school directly for more information. Also, Doc Toothache has some good excel spread sheets that have data on pre/post Dec acceptances etc...

why is it that there is no info about Howard?

I haven't heard anything back from Howard, they don't answer the phone, i don't see posts about acceptance/rejections ....nothing......

what's going on???

Just got my acceptance letter in my email ... see everyone who got into howard in august and best of luck for the rest :D

I got my acceptance e-mail today too :D see you guys in August!

Does anyone know of any living arrangements?

Should we live in DC or should we try and find an appartment in Arlington or similar areas?

I received my acceptance yesterday as well.

Hey guys i have also received that magical email yesterday and i am very excited to join you guys in August. I currently live in DC area (Arlington to be exact) and i can give you guys some insights on the living situations.

Getting a place in DC

Pros
-Close to campus (depending on which area of DC)
-Less traffic to deal with
-being part of the diverse DC cultural community
-Great night life
-Many things to do when you are free

Cons
-PARKING is a big problem (unless you get an apt with parking garage you will suffer) & its not just about finding a parking, you also need to learn how to decode the million types of parking signs they slap on each curves.
-Hectic life (if you are not used to big cities like DC)
-Rent is slightly more expensive

Getting a place outside of DC (Arlington, Alexandria, etc...)

Pros
-Relaxed life style/less hassel
-No parking issues
-You will get more for what you pay for rent (compare to DC)
-nicer environment

Cons
-Traffic, Traffic, Traffic-395N is nasty b/n 7am-9am
-Farther away from campus
-Parking on campus
-public transportation (metro) can be pricey

These are the only things i can think of right now but please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Also i would really appreciate it if you guys post the link for the facebook group cus i can't find it.

HOWARD CLASS OF 2015 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from the dc area too... so if you have any questions abt the area pm me... see you in the fall :D

Desireé

i read the post above... I would strongly reccomend googling the dc metro map and looking for housing close to the stations... the areas outside of dc along the metro line (in both md and va) are typically in very urban and populated areas... but relatively inexpensive and make travel easier.

Hey Everyone,

I received the official acceptance email from Howard yesterday..so excited!!!!
I need to figure out where I am going to stay now..

Has anyone received an acceptance packet other then the email of acceptance?

When I last called, Ms. Inge said Howard is waiting for all the seats to fill up before they send out the acceptance packet. Also said this is the first year Howard is doing this.

I had an interview at Howard in January and it went really good....Then, when i called Ms. Inge last Monday, she told me that I should be hearing back by Friday (yesterday)..Does this mean I got rejected because I haven't heard back yet? Did all the acceptance e-mails get sent out already? I'm really frustrated and I don't know what to think anymore...plz HELP!!!!

Hey does anyone know how many acceptances they sent out recently?
I interviewed there recently and I loved it. I hope it is not full :(

I'm hoping not...I'll try to call this Monday but from what I see, they probably did send out the acceptances already

I'm hoping not...I'll try to call this Monday but from what I see, they probably did send out the acceptances already

Hey thank you! Please let me know. I just interviewed there and I am just scared they will fill their class with the recent batch of acceptances:(

I'll let you know....I was interviewed on January 14th and I found out that three people (from the same day) are on the waitlist so of course it's scaring me...but honestly they should have sent out e-mails informing students about their status...I'm definitely getting hopeless!!

I just moved to DC and i might be looking for a roomate to rent an appartment ... i really dont want to pay 1000 - 1200 to stay in a nice one bedroom in a reasonable area ... PM ME

Hey thank you! Please let me know. I just interviewed there and I am just scared they will fill their class with the recent batch of acceptances:(

Well I finally got a hold of them just NOW and Ms. Inge is not in her office till tomorrow and she said that the rejections haven't been sent out yet!

Well I finally got a hold of them just NOW and Ms. Inge is not in her office till tomorrow and she said that the rejections haven't been sent out yet!

Yeah, I figured. (Only saw one rejection on predents.com). I didn't wanna bother her. She is probably getting a lot of calls around this time.
I'm just gonna wait patiently. Hopefully we get in.:xf:

For those of you that were just accepted last week, when do you need to submit your deposits by? Thanks and congrats!

I just got the email that I have been accepted! It is such a miracle and I am overwhelmed with happiness!!:love:

I interviewed back in november at howard....and heard noting since...does anybody know if the class is full and what is going on

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. How do you feel?

Thank you!!:) I feel so happy and excited! I have been waiting for this for a long time and still can't believe my dream has finally come true! :D

But I am definitely going to Howard. I joined the facebook group on Thursday and I can't wait to meet all my soon to be classmates!:)

i also interviewed back in nov. and havent heard anything..... does that mean we re rejected?

Does anyone know if the class has been filled yet?

I don't think its full from what I got out of the office of admissions; however the last set of interviews were this week

I got in!!!
Thank God!! Best of luck :)
I'm very blessed and very excited !!!

I got my acceptance email on Friday too!!! Sending in my deposit Monday! See everyone in August!

Do any of you guys know if the class is full yet?

i heard it's not... but i haven't seen/heard about any movement on the waitlist... any updates anyone else?

I was wondering what are some of your stats like? ive applied to howard and i just wanna compare my stats to you guys i guess

Hello everyone, I've applied to Howard COM and I am really excited about this journey I'm embarking on. I'm just waiting on Howard to send my secondary app. Can someone give me a timeline maybe of how long after my AMCAS has been submitted that I can expect to receive my secondary? Thanks :)

Hello everyone, I've applied to Howard COM and I am really excited about this journey I'm embarking on. I'm just waiting on Howard to send my secondary app. Can someone give me a timeline maybe of how long after my AMCAS has been submitted that I can expect to receive my secondary? Thanks :)

This is a thread for the dental school, not the medical school. I doubt they'd be on the same schedules. There is probably a Howard thread in the pre med forums.