Essay during Howard interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shemshad6682

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will really appreciate if someone who has had an interview in Howard tell me about their experience. I have an interview coming up soon and am trying to get more info. I have heard that they used to make you write an essay during the interview? Is that still the case?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, the essay I had basically just asked about dental technology. On the tour they're constantly talking about there upgrade in technology here and there so just be keen on the tour and restate what they say for the essay

Yep, the essay I had basically just asked about dental technology. On the tour they're constantly talking about there upgrade in technology here and there so just be keen on the tour and restate what they say for the essay

I have applied to Howard Dental with 20AA DAT and 3.20 gpa 03.13 sgpa, do I have any chances????

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks man! Do you think they have the same topic for the essay for all studetns or they have a different topic on each interview. Anyone else who had a different topic? also, i will really appreciate if you tell me more about the interview and how it was like? how long did it take and the type of questions they asked and the stress level and those kind of things.

Thanks

I think topic vary's. I would assume they change it up with every interview group

Does anyone else wanna share an essay topic they had at their interview? I wanna get some more ideas of what to expect at mine. Thanks in advance.

Also, does anyone know if Howard is full yet? Or close to full?

I called sometime last week and was told about half the seats were filled.

I called sometime last week and was told about half the seats were filled.

Nice! That is good news for sure. I pray I have a good shot at my interview.

I see you were accepted and are gonna be going there this fall. Do you have any advice on the interview?

I talked with admissions and they said that there are 2 rounds of interviews left. Hmm

I talked with admissions and they said that there are 2 rounds of interviews left. Hmm

That is what I was told too. It seems like there would have been more considering it is about half full right now.

I looked at the interview feedback section, but if anyone else that interviewed at Howard has some additional general advice they could provide, then that would be great! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard back from howard yet?

I haven't heard anything from them in awhile. I tried calling today and left a message but got no response. I am also wondering if they are still sending out invites for interviews. Does anyone know?

I just got an int for march 28. I hope that's not too late

I just got an int for march 28. I hope that's not too late

Really?
When I called about a week ago they told me that the interview spots are all full, and they may/may not be opening up some more.

Did they notify you by e-mail? When?

Sorry for being nosy, but congrats!

I don't know my exact stats. But I finished my masters in biomedical science with a 3.89 gpa and my overall dat was 21.

Was this the last interview date, because i have not heard anything.

I just got an acceptance email one hour ago!!
Thank God!
Best wishes to everyone :)
I interviewed March 28th

I received my acceptance interview last night as well. :)

congrats!
also interviewed march 28th and got acceptance email last night! very excited!

Hey congrats on getting accepted! Are you all definitely going to Howard? If so, I'll be seeing you in August!