foreign dentist (residency programs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldstar96

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can a foreign dentist with BDS degree take admission in the dental residency programs in the USA (like GPR) , In which we don't have to give the tution fees and they give us salary like (the mbbs students get when they are doing residency in the USA).
After doing residency you can get license to practice in the USA.

Is that the way to get license so that we don't have to pay too much money for dental schools ?

Members don't see this ad.

Can a foreign dentist with BDS degree take admission in the dental residency programs in the USA (like GPR) , In which we don't have to give the tution fees and they give us salary like (the mbbs students get when they are doing residency in the USA).
After doing residency you can get license to practice in the USA.

Is that the way to get license so that we don't have to pay too much money for dental schools ?

well there are some schools which would do that but most of them actually require us to pay the fees ( which is of course much lesser compared to dds/dmd) for aegd or any residency for that matter
i guess rochester, connecticut are some of the schools which give us stipend
ideally i would say refer the state dental board for more details

well there are some schools which would do that but most of them actually require us to pay the fees ( which is of course much lesser compared to dds/dmd) for aegd or any residency for that matter
i guess rochester, connecticut are some of the schools which give us stipend
ideally i would say refer the state dental board for more details

Rochester no longer offers stipend to Foreign Trained Dentists.