SDN Anonymous. R u an addicted to SDN Non-Trad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drold2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
after I did my search for older posts :rolleyes: (rolling eyes), I found some but they apply to other forums (young bloods). Since most of them youngesters are not supporting families while going down this pre-med & med sch. path, I wanted to start one for Non-Trads.
OK!
I'll go first.
My name is Drold2013 and I'm a SDN-aholic. I spend way more time on SDN than on Facebook :smuggrin:.
*Facebook time is the accepted level of social networking addiction*. I know it varies, but you get the idea. If you spend more time on SDN than Faebook, u r addicted to SDN :slap:. We seriously need to talk :smuggrin:
I check SDN first thing in the morning (before I brush my teeth):D. then after I come back from school, then after work, then before I go to bed. If i'm having a day off, so it will be through out the whole day.
what about you?

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to add that often times (meaning always), I interrupt my studying to go on SDN :nono:. Like right now :smuggrin:.

I tend to look at the sdn many times and have found alot of great info. I am also 38 and even when I graduate in 2012 will have to wait a year due to where my husband is stationed I think it is great you are determined and I wish you the best

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm SBB2016, and I'm an SDN-aholic. I am not ready to quit yet. I use it at work, on my cell phone, and when commuting (I commute by public transport)... not to mention at home.

Thanks for listening

Guilty, lol. If it wasn't for SDN I would not have had the courage to try the post-bacc route and I'd have gone on believing my previous low GPA from 20 years ago was a final and damning case.

I tend to look at the sdn many times and have found alot of great info. I am also 38 and even when I graduate in 2012 will have to wait a year due to where my husband is stationed I think it is great you are determined and I wish you the best
Thanx!:thumbup: That was very sweet.:luck:

I'm SBB2016, and I'm an SDN-aholic. I am not ready to quit yet.
Thanks for listening
:laugh:. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout :bow:.

Guilty, lol. If it wasn't for SDN I would not have had the courage to try the post-bacc route and I'd have gone on believing my previous low GPA from 20 years ago was a final and damning case.
It's a good place to be :).

My name is Curt. I am 37 years old, and I am an SDNaholic. I am supposed to be studying for my Physics test tomorrow (6 chapters covered in 5 lectures) yet I am on my laptop flipping through threads...

Is there any hope for me???

My name is ChemMed and I am an SDN aholic, mostly because I haven't started medical school yet and I'm tired of waiting for my FA to show up on my email.

I like badges and I want to collect more.
I like flipping through the resident forums and pretending that that is where I will be not to long from now.
I am addicted to chocolate too.

Last edited:
I am also an SDN addict. I tried to wean myself off, but I experienced major withdrawal. So now I'm back! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, my name is Carrie and I'm a SDN-Aholic. I'm thirty years old, married with a family, and I graduated with distinction last December with a BS in Social Studies and minored in psychology and special education. I have found more useful information on this site than most books I read about medical school.

I start my pre-req's on June 6th and will apply next July-August to about twenty schools across the county. I hope to attend my state school due to finances but will be happy to gain an interview and acceptance any where!!

I love non-traditional students like myself and I send positive energy to all individuals who share the same dream in medicine.

I'm a junkie from way back. Nontrad alley is my spot. I routinely wake up face down in the gutter here. With an sdn needle sticking out of my neck.

Thank you all for sharing.

I'm jd221b and I'm an sdn addict. Without sdn it would have been difficult for me to have the courage to make the plunge. Also since I work with a bunch of mind numbed corporate robots I've found it to be an invaluable resource for avoiding insanity. Share the dream!!

I'm Q, and I joined SDN the day I got my MCAT score back on the advice of one of my organic chem students. I became, and have continued to be, such an addict that I helped found a new subforum (MCAT Q&A); became one of the first two assistant mods ever (we were called advisors at the time); and stayed on to become a full mod and then an smod. My experience with applying as a nontrad, and getting advice through SDN, was also the impetus for me joining the adcom at my med school, on which I served for four years.

Now for the oneupmanship that this type of thread absolutely requires. Please complete the following sentence: I'm such an SDN addict that....

I'm such an SDN addict that I've gotten to know some of the people I've met on SDN better than some of the people I know IRL. (Of course, I've met a lot of my SDN friends IRL, which kind of complicates the distinction!)

Haha, this is a great thread...

Chem, I'm addicted to chocolate too, and there is no fricken way in hell I'm giving it up... if the apocalypse happened, I would loot stores of their entire supply and pull the guns from the safe to keep the chocolate in there instead... ;)

Who you calling an SDN addict? I ain't no SDN addict! I ain't no SDN addict! My hands aren't shaking! You're the one shaking! I just need a little time on the nontrad forum, just a little fix to set my head straight... aaaaahhh... That's better.

Denial is the first sign... acceptance is the first step

My name is Dale, but I'm not and SDN-addict. But I have to say you people look like you have a problem. I'm only on SDN because I like it. I can give it up any time, but I don't see why I should. It's fun.

You people are weird and I don't know why I am even in this thread anyway. I'm only here because my wife and the judge ordered me to come here after I was pulled over on the highway for reading SDN on my cell phone while driving. Hey, I didn't hurt anybody and besides I don't do it that often. I'm not like the rest of you.

My name is Dale, but I'm not and SDN-addict. But I have to say you people look like you have a problem. I'm only on SDN because I like it. I can give it up any time, but I don't see why I should. It's fun.

You people are weird and I don't know why I am even in this thread anyway. I'm only here because my wife and the judge ordered me to come here after I was pulled over on the highway for reading SDN on my cell phone while driving. Hey, I didn't hurt anybody and besides I don't do it that often. I'm not like the rest of you.

Oh the irony. I read this while stuck in traffic this morning. Hey, I didn't reply though so it wasn't that bad. I waited till I got to work and when my boss wasn't looking.

Hhhhmmmmm! Now, this is too much information :cool:. Just kiddin' :p. What is your favorite chocolate?

I like:
milk chocolate
dark chocolate
moose tracks ice cream
thin mints
cheese cake covered in a thin mint crust
samoas
thin mint samoa sandwich
reese's peanut butter cups
kit kat bars

I like pretty much anything with chocolate in it or on it. I even like chocolate covered grasshoppers.

I'm such an SDN addict that....

I'm such an SDN addict that I've gotten to know some of the people I've met on SDN better than some of the people I know IRL. (Of course, I've met a lot of my SDN friends IRL, which kind of complicates the distinction!)

I'm such an SDN addict that the mods are my heroes. :nod: Just kidding, but they are nice.

Chem, I'm addicted to chocolate too, and there is no fricken way in hell I'm giving it up... if the apocalypse happened, I would loot stores of their entire supply and pull the guns from the safe to keep the chocolate in there instead... ;)

Absolutely the truth and necessary. Chocolate is special and worth the effort.

:laugh:. Welcome brother. (I'll sponsor this one.)

I only do sdn after 5 and on weekends. Ok, occasionally i binge and write 5 or 6 posts in a night, but thats it! I swear!

:laugh:. Welcome brother. (I'll sponsor this one.)

Sorry buddy, but it's not up to you. The addict chooses the sponsor, not the other way around. Keeps ball hogs like yourself from hoarding the particularly pitiful ones. Besides you're already in medical school, I need all the EC help I can get.

Sorry buddy, but it's not up to you. The addict chooses the sponsor, not the other way around. Keeps ball hogs like yourself from hoarding the particularly pitiful ones. Besides you're already in medical school, I need all the EC help I can get.

:laugh: Wow. I forgive the gunnerism cause that's an awesome idea!

Ditto. I started this process with a BCPM GPA of 2.5 and absolutely no idea about shadowing, volunteering, clinical experience, upwards trends, average stats, compensatory factors, or the MCAT itself. I'm now over a 3.0 and will be over a 3.5 when I apply (hopefully in the 2012-2013 cycle.)

But I'm not an addict. Cue K's Choice!

Ditto. I started this process with a BCPM GPA of 2.5 and absolutely no idea about shadowing, volunteering, clinical experience, upwards trends, average stats, compensatory factors, or the MCAT itself. I'm now over a 3.0 and will be over a 3.5 when I apply (hopefully in the 2012-2013 cycle.)

But I'm not an addict. Cue K's Choice!

If you don't have it your on the other side.

I can't say I'm addicted to the non-trad forum because the traffic here isn't enough to sustain the levels I'm used to. ;) Pre-allo's good for teh lulz, though.

I am definitely NOT addicted to pre-allo, unless it's to want to bitch-slap people.... I particularly loved the thread about how people should be able to sell their dying loved-ones organs...

I can't say I'm addicted to the non-trad forum because the traffic here isn't enough to sustain the levels I'm used to. ;) Pre-allo's good for teh lulz, though.

I wish I could read in a more active spot sometimes. Trouble is. I kind of feel like Keith Richards at the tri-delta social. Incomprehensibly laughing at my own jokes. Getting repulsed looks. Whilst they twitter away and sneak phone shots to send to their fake friends in cyberland.

If I start enjoying the conversation of 18 to 20 year olds. It's because I'm senile and probably busy crapping my pants.

I wish I could read in a more active spot sometimes. Trouble is. I kind of feel like Keith Richards at the tri-delta social. Incomprehensibly laughing at my own jokes. Getting repulsed looks. Whilst they twitter away and sneak phone shots to send to their fake friends in cyberland.

If I start enjoying the conversation of 18 to 20 year olds. It's because I'm senile and probably busy crapping my pants.

:laugh: Love the image.

I get the strange looks regardless of who I'm hanging out with. (See signature.)

img

Ahh, yes, chocolate!
Chocolate is good; very very good
Especially if you need an instant mood booster :D

I don't understand why they don't make it nutritionally complete, I don't want to eat other things... I could live on it if it were healthy...

I'm no addict...I just come here from time to time...you know, when I need to feel good about myself...or need a quick break...or need to find out some new info...or need...wait a minute, maybe I am an addict...nahhhh (maybe I'm in denial)

I :love: u, guys. you are so much fun.
I'm so addicted to SDN, that I had surgery on Monday :hungover:, and today was the first day I was allowed back on my computer. the first thing I did is checking out SDN to see what I missed ;).

Awww we missed you too...
Surgery was good?? They removed or replaced or fixed the right thing?

Awww we missed you too...
Surgery was good?? They removed or replaced or fixed the right thing?
thanx SBB2016. u r so sweet :love:. I had a shoulder surgery (tear in the rotating cuff). it was painful, but I feel better now.

thanx SBB2016. u r so sweet :love:. I had a shoulder surgery (tear in the rotating cuff). it was painful, but I feel better now.

Just out of curiosity, did you refuse anesthesia so you could count it as shadowing?

HAHA!!! Ugh, that would be horrific though... So, if I had surgery on my wrist in 2005, and they used a nerve block so I was awake can I count it as clinical exposure??

Just out of curiosity, did you refuse anesthesia so you could count it as shadowing?
:lol: U know what? I never thought about that. That would've been a great line for the interview.
HAHA!!! Ugh, that would be horrific though... So, if I had surgery on my wrist in 2005, and they used a nerve block so I was awake can I count it as clinical exposure??
:laugh: that's funny

Hey, I need ALL the help I can get!!!!