DAT Done - 07/02/2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bharat008

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally done with DAT. Here are my scores:: This was a retake..
2009 2011
BIO = 20 24
GC = 18 22
OC = 20 24
PAT = 18 18
QR = 14 19
RC = 17 18
TS = 19 23
AA = 18 21:smuggrin:

BIO = (Mainly used Cliff Notes - Finished destroyer once) It was random as everyone else says it.. Had couple of questions that had no idea on and I was just guessing on them. Probably had about 10 marked questions that I wasn't sure off. Everything else was easy. I didn't expect this score; never wasted time with BIOLOGY and mainly focused on GC and OC to pull my average up..

GC = (Chad:thumbup:; supplemented with his quizzes and DESTROYER:thumbup:) I probably did destroyer 5 times and this time around I made sure I knew concept rather than just solving the problems. Make sure you understand this section conceptually and know how to solve the problems. Destroyer was way harder than the real thing and the problems were just easy setup. Nothing complicated.. I was only unsure of 1 question on real test; expected to get 28 on this one...

OC = (Chad:thumbup:; his quizzes and DESTROYER:thumbup:) Finished destroyer about 5 times. Understand the concept and why things work the way they do. I had couple of NMR (easy), just 1 Elimination reaction and others were just easy. If you know destroyer than you should be okay with this section.. Just knowing the reactions from CHAD should be okay. I only studied with his OUTLINES..

QR ( MATH DESTROYER :love:) = I did about 9 tests and I knew how to solve every single question this time around. The real DAT is exactly same as Math Destroyer. I was done with 10 minutes remaining. Thought it was too EASY compared to Destroyer.

Reading = (I was averaging 21-22 on Topscore, 16-17 on CDR) = Real DAT has lots of tone questions. I am happy with this 18 b/c I had about 10 questions left with 5 min remaining. I thought I will have to RETAKE DAT due to just Reading Comprehension. I am so glad with this 18... :xf: The first time I took it; I did bad b/c I was PIANO'Ed... but DAT has gotten quite harder on Reading comprehension.. Lots of inferences and tone questions..

PAT = (I was averaging about 18 to 21 on CDP) = I always guessed on Pattern Folding and TFE. My strong point on PAT was Angles, Hole punching, Keyholes, cube counting. Angles, hole punching and cubes were lot easier than CDP or maybe same. I am sure I would have done a lot better if i didn't use the TOPSCORE and ADA 2009 test. It screwed up my perceptual that I was used to with CDP. I wouldn't recommend taking those tests. Just use CDP and you will be fine. Keyholes are lot easier than CDP. TFE is similar or little harder (idk)..

Well, so i am glad I am done. I have been studying since mid-may about 7-8 hrs everyday (no breaks)...
Overall GPA = 3.87
Sci GPA = 3.93
Post-bac = 4.0

:clap::clap:

Practice Scores..

BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/AA
Topscore 1, 2, 3, ADA 2009
18/20/23/19/21/19/21
19/22/23/20/22/22/21
20/24/26/23/22/21/22
24/23/24/19/19/19/21

This time around i used CHAD.. The only reason why I got this score is due to CHAD. Try to understand the concept behind any reasoning. For biology, I did the same thing I did last time which is read CLIFF Notes around 6-7 times.
I finished reviewing by 1st week of june and just practiced till my test day. Try to do as many practice tests you can. The more you practice the better..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Could elaborate on what you did differently the second time around in your prep and also how much time in between the exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice scores!

was there any plant questions on the bio, if so how specific/ was it in the destroyer?

Congrats! How long did you study for and how many practice exams did you take? Did you repeat some of the ones that you took in 2009?

Nice scores!

was there any plant questions on the bio, if so how specific/ was it in the destroyer?

I think there was just 1 question about plant. IT wasn't that specific; if you know the cliff notes then you will be okay.

Had couple of questions from PHYLUM but they were really basic. Knowing the big picture of each phylum will do it..

Congrats! How long did you study for and how many practice exams did you take? Did you repeat some of the ones that you took in 2009?

I started studying mid may. I studied pretty much every day for 7/8 hours..
I did all the tests including 2009 version, topscore 1/2/3 just once and went over my mistakes. But i did repeat the destroyer for ochem and gchem.

I don't understand why you retook and did a postbac with such a high GPA. I mean congrats on ur post bac GPA but what schools are you shooting for and is it worth it?

As for the angles, how the heck is that anyone's strong suit, how are you able to get this done man....give me what you know man because thats the worst section on the DAT for me.

Math Destroyer is the shiznit, enough said.

Overall good improvement man 18 ---> 21 is definitely being looked at from the ADCOMS. Good job my brotha from another motha.

P.S. Did any monozygotic or dizygotic twins come up? LOL

I don't understand why you retook and did a postbac with such a high GPA. I mean congrats on ur post bac GPA but what schools are you shooting for and is it worth it?

As for the angles, how the heck is that anyone's strong suit, how are you able to get this done man....give me what you know man because thats the worst section on the DAT for me.

Math Destroyer is the shiznit, enough said.

Overall good improvement man 18 ---> 21 is definitely being looked at from the ADCOMS. Good job my brotha from another motha.

P.S. Did any monozygotic or dizygotic twins come up? LOL

Well, I didn't really get accepted with that damn 18 average. I was interviewed both years but I think they didn't like my 17 on reading == I just wanna attend my state school which is Baylor/Houston/San ANtonio.. My first preference is Baylor and they like lots of science classes so thought of doing post-bac (I have all the science classes completed that are offered at my university) lol..
Other than that I would attend any school that accepts me.. :laugh:
Well, hoping to get accepted this year.:xf:

No they didn't ask me about the twins:beat:. I think my science background definitely played a part in getting me that 24 in biology.

For the Angles I always visualize my LAPTOP and see how open or close it is. It does work. Give it a shot.. Just visualize you are looking at the laptop and see if its more closed or open..:thumbup: