Pimp your MDApplicants profile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paul411

ANES
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
T7GIO.jpg

Good news everyone.

I've made an MDApplicants profile code generator which will allow you to format your MDApplicants profile like this.

Enter all the information you want in the page and press the Generate code button. Paste the generated code in the "Brief Profile" section of your Update Demographics page. You can also drag-and-drop sections to arrange them. The rest should be pretty self-explanatory.

Note: tested only in Chrome 12 and Firefox 5 (doesn't work in IE :rolleyes:)

Also, a reminder to create an MDApplicants profile to track your application if you haven't already -- it will be immensely helpful to future applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

T7GIO.jpg

Good news everyone.

I've made an MDApplicants profile code generator which will allow you to format your MDApplicants profile like this.

Enter all the information you want in the page and press the Generate code button. Paste the generated code in the "Brief Profile" section of your Update Demographics page. You can also drag-and-drop sections to arrange them. The rest should be pretty self-explanatory.

Also, a reminder to create an MDApplicants profile to track your application if you haven't already -- it will be immensely helpful to future applicants.

Oh sure, you do this after I had to go through and code it manually. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I've been waiting for this, thanks paul411!

Lol I came in here expecting layout designs :smuggrin: but thanks though! :thumbup:

props - will implement, though prob after the cycle is over

This is what I did not have in mind...I don't wanna do this manually...Isn't there like a wordpress plug in or something!!

I don't care so much for the code generator as much as I do the thread starting with "good news everyone!"

I want to do this but I don't want to look like a gunner.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa...I saw the layout on some people's MdApps, looks totally badass.

Nicely done. :thumbup:

No. It's not good enough for me. I want to make my mdapps profile have nivo sliders and javascript..etc.

Making your MDApps easier on the eyes is gunner material? :confused:
Right, easier. It's already pretty easy as it is. This is just an extra spoiler, rims, TVs on the rims, paint job etc.

Where are the options to change text of color, add images, and all the other fun stuff. I want mine to be colorful and fabulous!

I made some changes to your code paul, but my MDApps has officially been "pimped."

For those that are curious, if you change the line-height attributes to 16px (rather than 20px) it'll make the additional sections match the spacing size of the native MDApps text. Maybe my obsession with details got to me, but that bothered me.

I also deleted the borders and made the link to your profile a little more discreet. Let me know if umad.

Thanks again for spending time on this.

I'm aprox a year an a half from applying, should I make one now?

I'm aprox a year an a half from applying, should I make one now?
Unless you have notable stuff to add, such as shadowing, EC's, etc., then no. An empty profile will be the first thing people see, I doubt many will go back and check if anything new added.

Make one when you actually have stuff to add, then you will actually get visitors/viewers interested, until then not worth it.

T7GIO.jpg

ghffh

People still use IE? Anyway, looks good so far. Makes your page look cleaner and organized. I hope more features are added in the future.

^ thanks dude, I was thinking of giving myself a gap year anyways after my bachelors to spice it up/maybe re-take MCAT that I haven't took yet haha.

T7GIO.jpg

Good news everyone.

Why would you ever post your PS.... I'd bet 100$ someone steals it and uses it as a template.

Why would you ever post your PS.... I'd bet 100$ someone steals it and uses it as a template.
I would assume he understood the risks when he put it up there, as did NickNaylor. They've included them to give a more complete picture of their applications, so that the means by which the end results were achieved are more clear. There are any number of PS examples online that one could use as a template, but since med schools are considering using plagiarism-detecting software for PS/Secondary essays, copying one of these verbatim would become obsolete rather quickly.

Though I do intend to disclose a lot for future readers at the end of my cycle, I will not be posting my PS as a matter of choice. Everyone should be free to do otherwise without criticism.

Edit: Oh look, Nick appeared while I was typing. :laugh:

T7GIO.jpg

Good news everyone.

Still have that code? :) :)