DAT done 8/21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KillaGorilla

adept
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First thank you SDN for all the help and advice. I used the standard sdn methods studying for the test. Destroyer/Math Destroyer/CDP. I also went through every datqvault question prbly 2x. For RC i tried the first two test from Godfrey then decided it was useless. I used seek and destroy as I don't have the attention span to actually read those paragraphs. I really feel that that the RC section should not be on the test. The only reason I could think of that it is on the test is to panic slow readers and foreign students.

OK as for the actual test I found the sciences to very easy compared to destroyer and especially easy compared to acheiver. Those tests are crazy, but I feel they have a lot of value and should be part of everyone's study schedule.

The PAT on the test was crazy. The hole punching looked very different from CDP. The holes were tiny and it took a good amount longer on the actual test to figure out what was going on. Keyholes TFE angles and cubes were the same. Pattern folding was easier.

RC i got passages on H. pylori (ulcer causing bacteria) Bosons and Hurricanes. I was very happy that i didn't get some social science nonsense. Seek and destroy all the way.

QR wasnt so bad. It was easier than math destroyer I think (not sure still kinda dazed)

So thats all I can think of. If anyone has any questions ask away. GL to all future test takers

Sincerely,
Killagorilla

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Great job dude!

I guess you didn't get the physics passage today. Speak of the devil, you got the one with hurricanes, pylori, bosons -- I really hope I get this version. I remember reading a lot of 22-24 score reports from people seeing this version. I still have hope lol.

GL, when are you taking the test. I see you are in NY so if you are not scheduled the westbuty prometric is nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
amazing scores, - i just took my test in westbury too, and i got seriously screwed...i was waiting to get back in after my 15 min break, and this guy was signing in and fingerprinting some chik, taking his sweet time...meanwhile i didnt get back to my computer until 4 min of the rc were burned off! so i say otherwise its a nice testing center- but beware of the line to get into the testing room...

yoooooooooooooooooooo! whats up vaheb. Ive been study for nearly four months. Ive been out of school working for a couple years so I remembered very little at the start. Right now i couldn't be happier about my decision to come go back to school.

amazing scores, - i just took my test in westbury too, and i got seriously screwed...i was waiting to get back in after my 15 min break, and this guy was signing in and fingerprinting some chik, taking his sweet time...meanwhile i didnt get back to my computer until 4 min of the rc were burned off! so i say otherwise its a nice testing center- but beware of the line to get into the testing room...
jevan I feel you i got caught behind someone during RC also and nearly bugged out. They hated me there i must have ran in and out of the room 20 times.

ya i feel like they were just generally not helpful, one of my friends told me at his testing center in nj they actually came to him when he raised his hand to switch his boards...in westbury they make u step away from the test and switch em urself- but hey man who cares u rocked that rc and the rest too...

ya i feel like they were just generally not helpful, one of my friends told me at his testing center in nj they actually came to him when he raised his hand to switch his boards...in westbury they make u step away from the test and switch em urself- but hey man who cares u rocked that rc and the rest too...
Just took my DAT today and yes, I raised my hand, and they came in and swapped boards for me too. My test center is also in NJ.

Just took my DAT today and yes, I raised my hand, and they came in and swapped boards for me too. My test center is also in NJ.
thats awesome they understand that we need every second on the dat- no time to leave the exam to switch boards... my proctor couldnt have cared less that i needed new boards- he was too busy sitting at his desk and doing absolutely nothing lol